SAU Community

Track Day - 17th of August

PranK

Guys... an update...

Hey everyone,

I rang them today, and the price will be going up from the 1st August (thanks to all those lawyers out there forcing public liability insurance premiums through the roof)

Old price: New price:

licence - $27.50 $30

track use - $71.50 $80

TOTAL - $100 $110

Someone was asking if they can drive on the track if they are on their L's.... You can if you are over 18, but if you're under 18 you need one of your parents to sign your licence @ the track. There is also the possibility that L drivers wont be allowed on if it's a very busy day.

Passengers: need to pay for track use and licence. Passengers only allowed if the passenger is instructing the driver, or if the instructor is showing passenger how to drive on the track. No "joy rides"

What will happen on the day: We'll plan to be there early so no one misses out. If they get around 70 cars like the sometimes do on Saturdays, then they let about 15 cars on the track for about 20 minutes, cycling through them so everyone gets a drive in an hour, and just keep cycling through, so everyone gets a fair chance.

If there's less cars wanting to use the track, there will be less cars on the track at a time, and possibly for longer duration.

Keep in mind that they can also accomodate for "stock" cars and "track" cars

- no point in having a car like mine with modified brakes and semi-slicks capable of doing in excess of 10 laps before the brakes / tyres give up and mixing me in with stock cars that'll be lucky to get 4 laps before their tyres overheat!!!

Gates open @ 8AM, Track opens @ 9AM.

Meeting point: Burger King / BP Connect Service Station on King Georges Rd, between Wiley Park railway station and Punchbowl Rd. (about 5 minutes north of the M5).

Alternative meeting points can be arranged by others. We will be departing Wiley Park no later than 6AM!!! It's approximately 2.5hrs to the track, including petrol stop off along the way (Shell & Maccas @ Exeter turnoff).

If people decide to meet at an alternative starting point (further west, or

whatever) then the Exeter stop could be a good meeting point mid-way (more like 3/4). No doubt we'll see several other cars @ Exeter making the trip to the track, too.

There is a cafe on site.

It might be worth ringing Wakefield or sending them an email asking them if you can apply for the licence by fax etc (to get it before the 1st August price-increase date) to save a little bit of $$$.

http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au I've been speaking to Gary about our booking.

My mobile number is 0407-257463 if anyone needs more info / running late etc.

Oops almost forgot - you will need long sleeves and closesd shoes (as if you'd wear thongs in the middle of winter!) and also a helmet. Don't panic if you haven't got a helmet - you can hire one there or borrow someone else's.

FYI - we have a varied selection of cars in our group, from SSS's, skyline's, 200SX's, a couple of commodores...

And it's not a race day - it's an open day, where the goal is to have fun (and try and get the best lap time you can :( ).

Rich.

PS. I hope I didn't forget anything!

Guest ManNGolf

so what are the options if you car brakes down over there after you track?........i hear towing back was about $200 at least.

Guest Super Saiyan GT

I will be there dude:shake: .

PS. Anyone around the West sydney area want to meet up and cruise to the Meeting point: Burger King / BP Connect Service Station on King Georges Rd together.

• 2 weeks later...

Additional details are as follows:

ADDITIONAL MEETING POINTS:

If you're coming from Campbelltown/Liverpool area and want to meet further west (and save you backtracking, and paying the toll twice!) you can meet on the M5 just west of Narellan Rd turnoff - ie: turn WEST onto the M5 @ Narellan Rd and then wait a short distance from the bottom of the entry ramp on the side of the road (here's hoping there's a breakdown lane or similar to pull over in!). You'll want to be maybe about 100m past the merge lane (if there is one!) so you can see the initial group coming and you can join up with us as we come past.

NARELLAN RD people MUST be waiting just past the bottom of their ramp AT 6:30AM as we aim to be going past there at about 6:35AM.

If you're coming from Silverwater (the Advan crew) then I'd recommend you meet up at the original meeting point.

If it's too hard to get to the original meeting point (directions to follow), then meet us in a similar way to the Narellan Rd entry/exit - except you'll use Fairford Rd entry/exit ramp instead. It's easy to get to - just head along Silverwater Rd, go over Parramatta Rd, and follow the road around to the left (big white mosque in front of you) and then follow that for ages... You'll go past Brunker Rd and then over Hume Hwy (intersection)... Keep heading south and you'll go past Bankstown Square on your right (lights @ Rickard Rd)... Here is where you can choose to go to the original meeting point or continue on to M5... To go to M5, you'll go over Stacey Street (intersection) and then up a bit of a hill with white concrete road... Get into the right lane as at the top of the hill is the M5 entry (head west towards Milperra/Liverpool, not to the city!). We'll do the same for you - as we go past you, you can tag along until we pick up the guys @ Narellan. Option 2: Go to original meeting point: instead

of continuing on to Stacey St, you need to turn left @ Wattle St, which is just past Bankstown Square (which is a right turn @ Rickard Rd lights). There's a few sets of traffic lights all near each other... Remember you're turning left into Wattle St... Follow this along for quite a while and you'll go through some roundabouts etc... You'll get to a point where you'll have to turn left to get onto King Georges Rd. Once you're at the traffic lights for King Georges Rd, turn right onto it, and go over Punchbowl Rd (intersection), and shortly after that is BP Connect/Burger King on the left hand side. If you go past Wiley Park station, pull over and wait for us, because you've gone too far :)

FAIRFORD RD people MUST be waiting just past the bottom of their ramp AT 6:20AM as we aim to be going past there at about 6:25AM.

REMINDER: Original meeting point @ BP Connect/Burger King on King Georges Rd @ Wiley Park is at 6AM for a 6:15AM DEPARTURE.

If you're not quite sure where you are going, check out

http://www.whereis.com.au and enter King Georges, Road, and Wiley Park in

the fields and you can navigate your way around from there!

IF YOU ARE RUNNING LATE, CALL ME on 0407-257463, as we will not be waiting for you otherwise!

We will be stopping @ Shell/Maccas @ Exeter to refuel our cars and stomachs. It's approx. 10L of fuel from King Georges Rd to Exeter, so it's a good idea to fill up there anyway. There is also an Ampol/Caltex just as we get into Goulburn, too.

Additional people are welcome to come along to watch/cruise/drive, just make

sure you're at the appropriate meeting points in time!!!

Remember that even though I made a booking, it's still an open day - ie:

free-for-all / first-in-best-dressed, which is why I am going to be strict

with the departure times!

Rich.

Guest Da_Man

Guys it sounds like 1/2 of Sydney knows about this track day, so I would suuggest that you take it easy on the way down (heaps of cops the speed traps). But other then that it will be a great day out.

How I would have loved if my car was ready. Hmmm still 8days to go. But some how I don't think so.....:D

George are you for real?