SAU Community

16th September Eastern Creek Track Day $200

fatz

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you all had a top time.... it must be quite frustrating for the organisers to see a real surge in attendance to the track days and then all of a sudden it drops off when they up the number of days to meet demands.

I should be back out there with you all in about 6 weeks :blush:

Was it EC charging or the event organisers though? I'm happy to part with some cash to watch if its going to the event organiser to help cover costs but if its just EC (or OP) cashing in on the event then that is wrong.

Was it EC charging or the event organisers though? I'm happy to part with some cash to watch if its going to the event organiser to help cover costs but if its just EC (or OP) cashing in on the event then that is wrong.

The guy on the front said it wasnt the organisers, but EC wanting the cash

Which is the part i find wrong.

Yeah, but that lotus kicked his a$$ as well!

The lotus had more power than the good old NA Silvia, it was easily pulling away from me on the straight. Infact the good old silvia is so slow i was running it flat out through turn 1. Or maybe it just was the steel belts giving it extra corner grip :rofl:

IMG_4412.jpg

Edited by Kero

It was the most amount of track time i have ever had at eastern creek, i would have keep going like Banzai but the rear brakes gave up the ghost the session after lunch. Must have been the kazillion laps we were doing at full pace. Ended up with best lap of a 1:49 which bettered my PB and was quiet pleased overall.

The lotus had more power than the good old NA Silvia, it was easily pulling away from me on the straight. Infact the good old silvia is so slow i was running it flat out through turn 1. Or maybe it just was the steel belts giving it extra corner grip :laugh:

IMG_4412.jpg

mmmm...that silvia looks sexy with these shiny wheels

The lotus had more power than the good old NA Silvia, it was easily pulling away from me on the straight.

Not necessarily. The Lotus has less than 105kw at the flywheel which is about the same as a CA18DE (135ps). It's big advantage is lower weight. According to the sales brochure, an S13 with CA18DE weighs 1090kg which is more than 300kg heavier than the Lotus. The Lotus would also have been coming out of turn 12 at least 10km/h faster thanks to lower weight, wider tyres and better factory suspension set-up.

Not necessarily. The Lotus has less than 105kw at the flywheel which is about the same as a CA18DE (135ps). It's big advantage is lower weight. According to the sales brochure, an S13 with CA18DE weighs 1090kg which is more than 300kg heavier than the Lotus. The Lotus would also have been coming out of turn 12 at least 10km/h faster thanks to lower weight, wider tyres and better factory suspension set-up.

little do the punters know that the silvia is running a rb30e skyline motor good for a massive 114engine kw

works out about 80rwkw (and weighs 50kgs more)

another draw back of teh silvia is the gearing 6500 in 5th (about 200kmh) at the end of the straight (really the engine stops around 5k in fifth just past the diverge to the pit lane)

dont worry kids i now have the vl turbo kit in my possesion and the silvia will return with 240rwkw in a week or two.....

and some new r spec rubber

where going gtr hunting

1.47 or bust

Hahahaha - maybe tying up the exhaust would cut drag as well.

Fixed that..... I got black flagged as it came off the clips halfway through the day.

Found myself a nice bit of old snatch strap near a bin and it was all good again ;)

Edited by Kero

Fixed that..... I got black flagged as it came off the clips halfway through the day.

Found myself a nice bit of old snatch strap near a bin and it was all good again :O

Good on you Kero! I seem to remember you and Pete fixing it at Oran Park too!

I reckon Pete should give the car back to Emma for a week - she will take it in and get all the crap fixed to make it legal and drivable and you guys can claim it back again.