SAU Community

2 New Fpv Models Coming........

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

up till 2001 i really didnt like where ford was heading,....down the shitter with their au model!

but with their ba and various turbo applications throughout their range im really impressed

i wonder what that focus with the volvo motor would be like with a turbo FARRKk!

I dont doubt the performance of the XR6T or F6 Typhoon, but forget that for a sec and you might as well be in a really nice taxi. Still go Ford for breaking the mould and trying something new in Aussie motoring.

I might be biased but a SII 33 sedan with some nice wheels still has the edge in looks over the xr6, and whats with the stripes? ;p

BTW the performance is serioulsy good for a new car with warranty?

cheers

Evil

Cars are just toys.Who cares what toy it is as long as your having fun.But as ferdinand Porche proved, power will not beat light weight.I`ll put my 2.5lt ,big braked,1400kg,lightly tuned skyline up against an over powered barge with sloppy suspension and no brakes any day.Even more so in the rain.I just cannot see why everybody is so in love with drag racing.400 lousy metres proves nothing.Three laps and the barge will literally melt it`s tyres.See if you love it when you hit the wall at high speed. :(

i dunno if F6'sstill have the same problem now, but when they first came out they were apparently riddle with problems, aside the fact that theyre a boat apparently the gearboxes would go after only a few thousand k's of hard drivng.

But dont quote me, ive never driven one.

I dont doubt the performance of the XR6T or F6 Typhoon, but forget that for a sec and you might as well be in a really nice taxi. Still go Ford for breaking the mould and trying something new in Aussie motoring.

I might be biased but a SII 33 sedan with some nice wheels still has the edge in looks over the xr6, and whats with the stripes? ;p

BTW the performance is serioulsy good for a new car with warranty?

cheers

Evil

pretty sure skylines also came in taxi spec in Japan mate. Only the GTR's are really considered to be anything special over there...its only here we worship the GTS-T

Why do people insist on calling them a taxi???

If you've ever been to germany you would know they use brand new BMW's as taxi's over there.

Does it make them any less a drivers car?

I'd chose a BMW 330ci over my r34 any day.

i dunno if F6'sstill have the same problem now, but when they first came out they were apparently riddle with problems, aside the fact that theyre a boat apparently the gearboxes would go after only a few thousand k's of hard drivng.

But dont quote me, ive never driven one.

Good too see that we have "expert" comments here.

The Typhoon did have a 2c circlip fail causing the clutch to fail. FPV gave the owners a GT to drive while it was being sorted out.

As for gearbox problems, I think you are suffering from a severe case of NFI. There are many examples of people running 260+rwkw through the stock boxes. With some kevlar bands and a line pressure increase there are cars running over 400rwkw. This is the 4speed ION Auto I am reffering to.

The 6 speed manual and Auto seem to be almost indestructable.

The weekest link in the driveline seems to be the RHS inner CV joint. People with over 300rwkw and slicks tend to leave them on the ground in many pieces when they launch.

Also I do not understand how people can comment on the brakes as the FPV Range come standard with 4 spot Brembo's and there is an option for the 6/4spot Brembo's. I run the latter and my car stops very well, even after 10+ laps of EC or Wakefield.

It seems that some people have an inferiority complex about anything other than their skylines. ;)

Hey no doubt skylines were taxis, heck ive got a four dour 33 so im a step closer to jap taxiness nirvana. Still no matter what, its a sheep in wolfs clothing. And id pick the beamer for a taxi over falcon, and the falcon for a taxi over a skyline anyday :wave:

And i wasnt paying out the performance of the fords, i like where they are going, just the taxi heritage is all.

peace

Evil

>_<

Is your GTR or 180SX Stock ?

If not, there is NO comparison.

A Worked XR6Turbo ran a 9.98...your GTR...yawn....your 180sx....yawn again >_<

I do not know many people who can tell 1/2 a seconds difference by seat of the pants driving. The Auto makes a huge difference in launching, as manuals just seem to spin the rears or clutch.

The Typhoon is deceptivly quick as the 6 speed auto pulls harder than a 14yo boy.

We are not saying that a Typhoon is better than a Skyline, just informing you of the facts about their real world performance.

yeah but both of them are 14yrs old-good luck in 14yrs with your Typhoon-with Fords lack of build quality it will be a pile of broken parts by then

dont think Im Ford ignorant-I had a brain explosion and decided to darken my workshop with a Ford V8 supercar-waste of fkn money :)

I drove 2 FPV F6 Typhoons. Both went hard, both were autos, and both cost alot of fking money. ~$80k

But they still feel like a family car, or an exec's wet dream. Not my type of thing. the ride is a bit too smooth and refined.

Not like a skyline, where the hairs on your nuts stand on end, and if you listen hard enough, you can hear the pit crew egging you on. lol. ok, maybe that bit is just me.

yeah but both of them are 14yrs old-good luck in 14yrs with your Typhoon-with Fords lack of build quality it will be a pile of broken parts by then

dont think Im Ford ignorant-I had a brain explosion and decided to darken my workshop with a Ford V8 supercar-waste of fkn money

the problem is that everyone compares a 14yr old skyline to a 14yr old ford/holden. if you happen to look at the odometer of both you will notice about 200,000ks difference. how many skylines do you seen with that amount of k's? not many. and i'd say that aussies are alot harder on cars than the japanese.

I actually think is doing a good thing. I use to own commodores :shudders: before i owned imports but if for some god forbidden reason I had to own a a local domestic car I'd own a new Falcon. I still think their HP ratings the give them are a little over rated either that or Nissan Major under rated the R33 GTR.

EDIT: Fixed up shocking spelling :mad:

Edited by ookami

but the point is that they are 2 different cars, for 2 different purposes. the gtr is a sports car with power and handling to get you all goey in the forks. the ford is a family car with enough power to make you crack a fat, and a back seat where you can put the results of your missus enjoying the fat that you had.