SAU Community

2 New Fpv Models Coming........

^^^ i agree with everything 4DoorGTR is saying

wow its a second slower than my 180sx(and 2sec slower than my GTR)

how bout lap times in a stock one....yawn again

mate id be annoyed and pretending to be tired as well if a stock domestic family (family according to the l33t import fans anyway) car was only 2 seconds off your worked 660hp GTR ..

note: i do not hate imports or skylines, ive always been a GTR fan since the 32's came out and a coupla years back I was planning on buying an R34 GTR but for some stupid reason I couldnt wait to import one so i bought a 350Z instead..

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ass-dyno is pretty good actually....plus my car can pull away from his in a straight line.

His BA XR6 Turbo with the auto actually felt pretty close to the manual Typhoon which for the extra $$$ just didn't seem worth it, his money I suppose.

the xt's and futura's look a lot cooler now with those front bars, but i'm a bit unsure about the headlights. they do look more aggressive tho. and the white leather trims look pretty schmick.

as for the f6's that's awesome, i had no idea they were THAT quick with such little modification. i remember reading that the xr6t's (as i'm sure is the same with the f6's) were heavily retarded from the factory to stop it destroying the v8 models. i would imagine with a less restrictive intake, exhaust, intercooler and computer they would be insane.

we had a xr6t at our last dyno comp. about 384hp (286kw) and it was a hot day. and don't say happy dyno, cause there was a car there that normally dyno's at over 400hp and it only got 387hp. all the falcon had was an exhaust and a flash tune (piggyback computer that alters the torque multiplier in the ecu to give instantly approx 100hp)

the torque multiplier in the falcon ecu is a major limiting factory. the factory uses a 4:1 multiplier, the flash tune uses 1:1. if you up the boost on the stock ecu you can lose big power. i think it was zoom magazine did a write up on a xr6t falcon where they just took out the centre muffler and went from 190kw to 207kw, then put a bit more boost in it and it dropped to 160kw.

Edited by mad082

What sort of times can be had with a filter replacement in the manual?... I hear the factory air box is the main problem with the Fords. When people say 'filter replacement', they aren't meaning the whole air box assembly too?

hahahaha well said dezz, no need to cry because a decent ford is...well, a decent ford!

i would trade my 33 in for a typhoon...even if it was a gtr

if i had a choice between a new ford or the new holden i would pick this anyday.

i hate holdens why wont they just call them chevs, then i might buy one

wow its a second slower than my 180sx(and 2sec slower than my GTR)

how bout lap times in a stock one....yawn again

whoa

your comparing your decade old (~) heavily modified import to a brand new factory car with a warranty

What sort of times can be had with a filter replacement in the manual?... I hear the factory air box is the main problem with the Fords. When people say 'filter replacement', they aren't meaning the whole air box assembly too?

the filters hardly make any difference, coupla rwkw if any.. most people change them for the sound and better filtration qualities than the stock paper piece of shit..

I think the stock airbox on the XR6T is a bit restrictive and many people add a Typhoon intake to their XR6T's..

mad082 got it one, its the ECU that makes or breaks the power output of the turbo.. put a freer flowing exhaust on this engine and the boost will increase, the ECU will see it and cut it back down and sometimes even put the car into Limp mode to protect the engine..

ctjet - Yr 8 school holidays again?

Ford still = gay

Don't bag it til you have driven one. They XR6T range are seriously quick cars in a straight line. A mate of mine has a XR6T ute which was dynoed at 290rwkw with injectors, valve springs, A bigger FMIC, flash tune, bit of boost and a full exhaust. Been for a drive in it and its a serious piece of hardware. Great motors..

im so behind ford for doing this

aussies want a an australia turbo car, capable of serious performance

ive never been into fords (maybe hoeys back in the day)

but ba xr6 has made me a fan

when its time for a new car, seriously considering one

Aren't the diffs and gearbox's prone to premature wear or something??

Nissan turbo FTW!!

still bloody quick times for a stocko Aussie barge.. My mate is getting an 04' xr6t ute soon. 300rwkw+ is possible with 5k.

So 300rwkw + $1000 clutch + slicks = what sort of 1/4 mile??? mid 11 to low 11's????

least ford is making more of an effort to catch up unlike holden who is happy to feed of the tit of any gm brand who wants to give them an engine

the alloytec/alloycrap engine is not even an improvement over the old model and yeah holden fanboys will argue that it must be good if saab and alfa romeo are using it but they only use the block and all the electrics and ancillaries are made in house by saab and alfa. wonder why? becasuse the holden gear is definately not world class

Don't bag it til you have driven one. They XR6T range are seriously quick cars in a straight line. A mate of mine has a XR6T ute which was dynoed at 290rwkw with injectors, valve springs, A bigger FMIC, flash tune, bit of boost and a full exhaust. Been for a drive in it and its a serious piece of hardware. Great motors..

i have had the good fortune to drive one... albeit breifly... i was unimpressed

my old mechanic bought one, modified it slightly, let me take it for a spin, then a month later he sold it again because it blew two diffs... its quick, but its nothing special... i like his new GTR better

the filters hardly make any difference, coupla rwkw if any.. most people change them for the sound and better filtration qualities than the stock paper piece of shit..

Sorry mate but thats incorrect. Nothing filters better than paper. K&N and most foam types filter nowhere near as good as normal cellulose. How else do you think they flow better.. magic?

Edited by Busky2k