SAU Community

Widebody Gtr

its genuine bn sports kit and cost me $4200 and they kits is only made for gtst but there was no problem fitting it

OK, I better come clean... the reason that I asked if they were genuine and where you got them from is because I had a mould taken off my genuine BN Sports Widebody R32 kit which I brought in from japan personally... to make Adam's widebody drifter (red R32 pictured above), and possible replacement panels in the future etc cuz driftcars tend to need them :(. Somehow a couple of workshops managed to get copies from this mould or the initial test copy before Driftline (which is the only workshop I authorised to use the mould) could inform the fibreglasser that they weren't to sell to anyone else as per their agreement.

Now, my concerns are that...

a.. you've been sold a copy off my kit's mould and been told its an orginial

b.. the fibreglasser is still selling the kit to companies other than Driftline, in which case they'll have a few words coming their way

I'd like you to check properly to see if there's a BN Sports sign in the fibreglass on the reverse of the front bumper to make sure its genuine. Again, sorry for the drama, but yeah... just a lil intrigured... as the only widebody R32's sporting BN Sports kits are all in melb and are made by shops in the same area... just raises some eyebrows.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i think like someone said earlier the pics dont do your paint any justoce. if its the same kit as the red 32 then i have no doubts it would look awesome just it looks nothing like it in your pics.

also if i were u i would just check if the bn sports symbol is under the front bar. even though u waited 6 weeks for it, better to know for certain

doesnt flow with the lines of the car and looks awkward sorry champ

oh and whats with the GTSt front indicators? i thought it was a GTR?

Gotta agree with him sorry bud, not my cup of tea, but its dam wide thats for sure!!!

here's mine being test fitted on the car, the mount near the indicator was damaged during transit, but it was an easy fix.

wide_ff.jpg

wide_ff2.jpg

wide_fr.jpg

The original is really thick (not flexible) and white in colour on both sides... on the back of the front bumper it should have a BN Sports sign under the first layer of fibreglass. The copies were a lot thinner and grey. I'll see if I can get a pic of the "watermark".

mine was grey but it was very thick and i dont member seeing no bn sports label or nufin, so i got stooged

also we''l have to meet up once its finished let me no and gl with it!

mine was nuffn but head f@#ks coz of da shitty panel beater i took it to

Edited by ali-turko

it looks ok but i think u lost some of the r32 its too round now

im about to start one of my own soon so i will soon be joining you taking abuse

just out of interest where is the fuel flap now, as i am making mine from scratch i need a little help with this sort of thing i was considering puting it in the boot

mine was grey but it was very thick and i dont member seeing no bn sports label or nufin, so i got stooged

also we''l have to meet up once its finished let me no and gl with it!

mine was nuffn but head f@#ks coz of da shitty panel beater i took it to

hmmm looks like you just got a copy of my kit. needless to say had you taken it to driftline you'd have paid less for it, waited a shorter time, and they would have fitted it for you.

You should have seen the work that went into putting adam's one on the red R32 demo car... had to grind it back to bare metal, then use a chemical bond between the fibreglass and metal, so that it didn't crack off as the metal heated up and cooled down. Pretty hard to do it properly.

The fuel flap is part of the kit, you get a new one that bolts ontot he factory mounts and sits flush with the rest of the kit, so you don't need to relocate the fuel filler. Although I've been toying with the idea of getting a round pop filler cap off a BMW Z3/Z4 or new MX5... so that it sits higher on the curve and pops up, with an extended filler neck.

The kit wieghs heaps because its so thick... definitely one for looks only.

not a big fan, but it will look a lot better once the fat wheels are on it.

it does look like a GTST now which is a shame.

If I was going wide body I would go for this, but with a modified standard rear bumper instead of their one. Also consider these wheels for you car, they look awesome on a wide body GTR.

picture6404tp.jpg

picture5672vt.jpg

picture6157ox.jpg

picture621s7oy.jpg

This is the dish on the FRONT wheels of one of those GTRs. This is what you should be aiming for to fill out your guards.

picture6048wo.jpg

the factory GTR one you mean?

12" under a skyline is for girly men. 13" is where its at.

yep, factory rear bar, modded factory front bar and lip. hmm maybe even a standard style carbon lip. :huh:

love the veilside widebodys. they must have had at least 7 or 8 wide body 32 GTRs when I was there.