SAU Community

I'm Ticked Off...what Gets You Wound Up?

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha, harden up, i have to pull 60-70 hour work weeks occasionally. One week i did 21 hours in one day, 5 hours sleep on the bosses couch then 12 hours the next day :)

Edited by Baconer

haha, harden up, i have to pull 60-70 hour work weeks occasionally. One week i did 21 hours in one day, 5 hours sleep on the bosses couch then 12 hours the next day :)

your job sucks then :D the most i have done at my new job was 3 days of 16 hours that rooted me for a good while... any more than that and i reckon i would have been pretty much useless.

What ticks me off - all these c**ts each morning at the Glenloch interchange roadworks coming off the parkway going to Belco or the City and trying to push into the line.

I came so close to road raging this old bitch this morning, even some asshat driving a TRUCK pushed his way in a few cars behind me.

Come to think of it, I might start pushing my way in starting tomorrow. If everyone else can do it then so can I.

What ticks me off - all these c**ts each morning at the Glenloch interchange roadworks coming off the parkway going to Belco or the City and trying to push into the line.

I came so close to road raging this old bitch this morning, even some asshat driving a TRUCK pushed his way in a few cars behind me.

Come to think of it, I might start pushing my way in starting tomorrow. If everyone else can do it then so can I.

Thats the spirit :whistling:

PEople in the ACT just dont know how to merge, it really grinds my gears.

Also people who get a wrong number and they call back over 10 times. even whe ny ou keep telling therm the nember they were given was wrong.

I get the same thing coming home each afternoon, it really gets me wound up when someone in the left hand lane stops the traffic and cause many an accident because they slam on the brakes to push into the Belco lane at the last minute instead of getting to the back of the queue. What part of "Belco in right lane" "Tuggers in left lane" do they have trouble understanding... W@nkers!!! I beep long and hard at them everytime... just so they know it didn't go un-noticed :whistling:

I am lucky I only work about 7mins from home and only takes about 30mins to ride the pushy, now on the note of the thread I really dislike the wankers who put the bike paths and bike lanes in, as they just seem to end and you have to either cross the main road or ride on the road.

hmm i think i am 3 - 4 minutes :)

I used to be a 2 minute walk or 45 second run run haha... and a place i worked at for a week i was a 30 second walk and maybe a 10 second run from my door :thumbsup:

Yay for living less than 5 minutes from work ^_^

Im really pissed off because off the mismanagement of recruitment within a certain government department that I currently work for that deals with MEDIcal CARE.. issues.. in AUSTRALIA.

It all started when our section were short staffed and so the mangers advertised a permanent role to fill the spot. As a non-ongoing employee on a contract, naturally, I applied. After the selection process, interviews etc.. I was eventually advised that I was the best candidate for the position and would have automatically been given to me, but because we require another staff member, they had to give it to the second best candidate. Which makes sense. They told me a week and a half ago, for the time being, that my contract will be extended from when it ends, 31/10/2007 (today), for a further 3 months, and within that time will offer me the next permanent role.

I arrived at work yesterday morning to then be guided to a conference room by my manager who explained that due to the current happenings with the eventual elections that this certain government department have implemented a 'recruitment freeze' for x amount of time. So any contracts that end within this timeframe cannot be extended and therefore my employment will cease as of COB today (31/10/2007). I was told this yesterday (30/10/2007).

So basically the department has gone 1 step forward, then 2 steps back. They HAVE recruited a new staff member who had started on monday to fill the staff shortage, but will lose an existing staff member (me) today. They will have to train the new guy up and it obviously will take time for him to understand the processes and get used to the IT system, which therefore increases the workload for the existing employees for the time being.

I haven't got beef against the new guy who started.. Just at the managerial staff who surely must have been aware of a recruitment freeze that was to be taking place.

I feel as if I've been kicked in the back of the head and robbed.

End beef.

What really shits me is when you go to collect your bags at the airport after a flight and everybody rushes and stands about 2cm away from the carousel thingy even though THEIR bag might actually be the last to come out.

So suddenly you see your bag and have to push your way thru a tiny gap between people somewhere to haul it off the thingy before it disappears. And no one moves out of the way properly....omg they might lose their front row "spot" :)

If everyone stood a couple of metres back and only stepped forward when their bag was actually THERE and ready to grab it would make it so much easier. They need to paint a big yellow line like at train stations :)

Yet again that stupid road at the end of the Belconnen dealerships near the servo (josephen street) The govt was kind enough to let people park closely enough to the intersection, to ensure you have a nice blind spot when stopped at the intersection. It's fun trying to go and then have to stop when you see a car coming, especially when your car interior is full of rims Which move. :P

What really shits me is when you go to collect your bags at the airport after a flight and everybody rushes and stands about 2cm away from the carousel thingy even though THEIR bag might actually be the last to come out.

So suddenly you see your bag and have to push your way thru a tiny gap between people somewhere to haul it off the thingy before it disappears. And no one moves out of the way properly....omg they might lose their front row "spot" :P

If everyone stood a couple of metres back and only stepped forward when their bag was actually THERE and ready to grab it would make it so much easier. They need to paint a big yellow line like at train stations :)

I feel exactly the same way.

This may sound a bit square, but I was reading an excellent solution to this problem in a design journal the other week. The author proposed inclining the area immediately next to the conveyer belt, to make it awkward to stand or keep a trolley on. There were a few others also, but this was the main one.

I see the same thing at the 'take a number and wait your turn' gig at Coles/Woolies.