SAU Community

New Car Time.

Anarkei

Well since my 'line was written off a while ago and the whole issue has been settled i decided to go new car hunting.

so far i've test driven the Civic Sport ( meh / 5 ) and the Ralliart Colt Turbo ( 10 / 5 )

so far the Colt Turbo has been a wonderful car to drive.

but i thought i'd look around and see who's driven what and what they thought of it. i'll be looking at a skyline once i'm off my P's and have to money to do some serious mods, but for now just trying to find a nice quick little car to buzz around in.

thoughts and ideas??

Haven't driven either, but those new colts look pretty sweet.

Does it go pretty quick? Looking at the specs and size I'd imagine it should. If I was in the market for a car like that I think I'd have my sights set on one of those. Just my 2 cents worth!

Would be interested to hear a bit more about the Colt as they seem to get mixed reviews.

As for cars, do you want to go brand new or just newish?

Ford Fiesta, dont think the ST is here but the sporty equivilant

Renault Clio Sport

Mazda3 MPS

i'm avoiding ford like a plague, i loathe them. it's a tribal thing :P

but as for the colt, she's friggin quick. i was leaving a couple of 'lines at the lights during the test drive. the rev limiter cuts in a little early for my liking ( just after 6500 ) but i can understand why. she turns on a dime as well, even the seats are nice ( they are out of the EVO VIII ). i'd recommend it for anyone who want's a really sporty performer and a small car in one.

tried the mazda 3 MPS and was impressed but was a little soft for my liking, and the Renault just doesn't interest me.

but yeah, it looks like i'll be getting the Colt Turbo as soon as i can sort my finances out!

<edit for grammar>

Edited by Anarkei

do u need to buy a spankin new car? if you're going to get a 'line again, and do some serious mods, i think it's just a waste of money getting a new car now. Just keep going with your craptacular lancer, and have lots of $$ to chuck at a line, maybe even a R34 GTR, the way prices are going... i'm not sure what $$'s you're playing with..

i don't think getting a brand new car in the mean time is the way...

I hate Ford with a passion, but I drove the new XR5 turbo a few weks back and was VEYR impressed. The orange metallic/pearl colour grabbed me fro the word go, but the little car has a lotta get up & go and would e fairly easy to mod some serous power out of. Very comfy to dirve too.

You can scoff, as I once did, but the Renault Clio Sport is a serious little pocket rocket. From a package perspective, NOTHING in it's price range even comes close! Handles like you wouldn't believe and always makes me laugh when I get into my mates as they look like a hair dresser's car, but go like the clappers. You won't appreciate one til you test drive it. A 3 yr old one is around 18-20k or $35k new. Comfortable to drive too. I am with SS8_Gohan on the theory that it's a money waste buying a spanking new car.

Edited by Mean_R34

Well since my 'line was written off a while ago and the whole issue has been settled i decided to go new car hunting.

so far i've test driven the Civic Sport ( meh / 5 ) and the Ralliart Colt Turbo ( 10 / 5 )

so far the Colt Turbo has been a wonderful car to drive.

but i thought i'd look around and see who's driven what and what they thought of it. i'll be looking at a skyline once i'm off my P's and have to money to do some serious mods, but for now just trying to find a nice quick little car to buzz around in.

thoughts and ideas??

I like the look of the Misu Colt turbo since the first time i saw it. How would you rate it with the BMW 1 series? I'm seeing one this coming weekend.

Now that we're talking about small car, i'm thinking if i should look at the BMW one series or the new Renault clio sport (one with the formula 1 style rear defuser ).

there u go, $18k 3 yr old clio sport... much better option i think, something for like $15k if you want a decent car. Why spend $35k-$40k now if you're just going to get a line later?

at the same time tho... why not if you can?

Depends on ur budget and what you want out of a car.

I have driven the new golf (around 50K new), this is one exciting car.

Even the EVO Tommi Mack's are around 35K at the moment.

The Nissan Z are a fun car to drive.

Just to name a few.

Cheers

Andrew :)

VE SS i wouldn't mind except for the instant hoon/bogan/wog label that seems to get attached to just about every holden/ford in existance. which is a pity because those labels are ones i try and abolish whenever i can.

as for the Polo TDI...meh. not a fan of the volks polo shape and i'm not a fan of diesel. i understand it's benefits but i just prefer petrol.

i was gonna have a look at holden's astra range to see what they are like. i'll keep ya posted.

It came down to the new wrx club spec 9 special edition model and the VE SS. The VE shits all over the slub spec 9.

Got a good deal on the SS with upgrade to the 20's and alot of other accessories. Going back to dealer tomorrow to try get the SS V on a good deal now since I have sorted out my car allowance details with new employer.

true price is a prohibitive factor in buying a VE, and i say go for it as i love the car. always loved holdens and always will.

but a VE SS is a bit outa my price range, my power limits ( i'm still on P's myself ) and my petrol budget :)

ditto the club spec rexxie.