SAU Community

Skyline Crash Double Bay

Savman

Yeh the semi's were cold we just rolled out of the carpark and turned at the lights and withing 15 seconds it had all happened doing about 130 - 140kmh he tapped the brakes around the corner and slid abit one way then more the other then the front right wheel mounted the medium strip and then slid back the other way and slid across ontop of another island (i think) which demolished the rims and then we rolled sideways then again longways which is how the car is in the pics but the car was more on the brick wall hence how i got out of the windscreen, by the way i wasnt driving the car the owner was (i lost my licence due to driving a manual car on auto licence).

If there is anything else anybody isn't clear of just ask me and i'll tell you but i think i covered everything there. :ermm:

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats an interesting comment, and yes people are quick to say what they're thinking

But you have to admit, 140k's around a corner, with 3 passengers, outside somewhere there would be school kids if it wasnt holidays is asking for trouble

i totally agree with you, but if it was you that did it, the last thing you want, is having all these people telling you what you would already know. thats the only point i am trying to get across. end of the day, it could have been worse but fortunately it wasnt.

i totally agree with you, but if it was you that did it, the last thing you want, is having all these people telling you what you would already know. thats the only point i am trying to get across. end of the day, it could have been worse but fortunately it wasnt.

Yeah totally agree with that aswel :ermm:

meh it could ALWAYS be worse. I don't really think that people are going to show a lot of support to the guys that cause these kinds of accidents.

Still i'm with you on the, thank god it WASN'T worse sentiment.

Thats an interesting comment, and yes people are quick to say what they're thinking

But you have to admit, 140k's around a corner, with 3 passengers, outside somewhere there would be school kids if it wasnt holidays is asking for trouble

correct...

Yeh the semi's were cold we just rolled out of the carpark and turned at the lights and withing 15 seconds it had all happened doing about 130 - 140kmh he tapped the brakes around the corner and slid abit one way then more the other then the front right wheel mounted the medium strip and then slid back the other way and slid across ontop of another island (i think) which demolished the rims and then we rolled sideways then again longways which is how the car is in the pics but the car was more on the brick wall hence how i got out of the windscreen, by the way i wasnt driving the car the owner was (i lost my licence due to driving a manual car on auto licence).

If there is anything else anybody isn't clear of just ask me and i'll tell you but i think i covered everything there. :D

setting aside the fact it is a 60 zone, i know there are no corners you could take at that sort of speed in that area, semi's or not :ermm:

any crash you can walk away from is a good one. that goes for anyone else involved too.

in a powerful car it only takes a second or two of misjudgement and the stakes are incredibly high. thankfully the worst thing that happened was a beaut piece of machinery was destroyed.

' date='3 Oct 2006, 10:12 PM' post='2550834']

if that car hit someone walking on the foot path would you be saying "if it was you that did it...."??

experience dosnt make up for lack of brain cells, i have no sympathy for the driver.

but i do agree, could have been worse. thank god everyone is ok.

I feel for you mate. in one way I kind of hope you dont have insurance, cause it's bound to affect my premium when it's up for renewal. on the other hand a $30K loss will be hard to swallow. I can see how it happend. It's a momentary lapse in judgement. You have 3 guys in the car looking to buy. they've heard it's got mega killowatts. you know they aren't going to be impressed if you cruise around at 60kmh in 3rd gear at 2200rpm, so you think, I better give it a hit. 1st, 2nd, 3rd all about as fast as you can read them and bang, lift off oversteer, slow to react... lights out. it doesn't excuse what you did at all, but at least I can empathise a little with you. I'm sure you dont need anyone telling what a major f**kup it was.

sorry to see a nice car go like that though. but very pleased no-one was injured.

and GRKGTR why were you buying another GTR if you have no licence? and 2 why did you drive home without a licence? doesn't make sense to me.

Told you nothing would be on the mainstream news. Someone has to die for that!

a hotted up car ends up on it's roof 3kms from the cbd in the countries wealthiest suburb and it's not news worthy? :ermm: