SAU Community

Brake Pads.

JimX

different grades. NA-M is rated in the middle somewhere bought them for $250.

i think they've introduced new models now so i can't comment on their current availability or prices. but they aren't cheap...

they didnt fade easily at all.

Endless are mega $$$!

JimX, lets be honest - for the money, the performance of the RBs are up there with some of the best. Yeah the sqeal (i have slotted rotors and RB74s) but not nearly as bad as my old car, a E30 BMW 323i. It had piddly little rotors and single pot calipers but it never faded at the track (don't put RB74s in the back, they are REALLY noisy there). Once they are hot, they tend to keep relatively quiet.

They require quite a technique to keep quiet - either feather the brakes or full-on. But believe me, you will be able to live with them - they DO NOT squeal all the time.

Another downside you might want to consider is the better the performance of the pad, (generally) they will eat rotors. RB74s eat rotors. It is not really an issue to me as they will go for 50K kays before they need replacing. You may want to factor that in if you are doing alot of track work.

In terms of performance, i did about 8 100-0k/hr stops on the freeway when bedding them in, and there was literally zero fade; just on the last 2 a little puff of smoke.

After all that ranting, hey, don't trust me, just try them. They are easy to change yourself, and for about 100 bucks, you can always junk them if you don't like them (or send em to me coz i need some new ones!).

Oh and one last thing, make sure you use some decent brake fluid; i've got Motul dot 5.1 (methinks, but will check in the morning for ya)

-ronin

rb's for $100!? thats cheap? mine were $145 for the fronts?

i never put my anti squeel plates on the pads when putting them on so i can't comment on the squeel. i know with the anti squeel plates off they made a massive racket!

Ferodo DS 2500. Awesome pads! not cheap however. Good bite when cold and exceptional when hot. Not much dusting either.

Race brakes said they have a similar pad they are manufacturing to be released in a few weeks. More bite when cold than the rb74.

I've got RB74's in 32 and I have next to no noise. I have been told by a trustworthy source, that when new, the pads (RB74's) need to be bedded in on old, unmachined rotors...Apparently when you stick a set of RB74's in on new / machined rotors, there is quite a bit of squealing, but I haven't experienced this yet...

Plus they're CHEEEP :D