SAU Community

Mackay, Qld, Australia

The Mafia

My brother and I have been talking about going after Reece McGregor's AWD WR, but we will have to get our hands on another R32 GTR shell and start fresh with a new chassis and go even crazier setup, tube frame assembly. After Matt speaking to Mark at Godzilla Motorsport yesterday. He offered us a chance to get our hands on Full Billet Alloy RB30 Block that is currently being developed a cool $10K for the bare block. Combining that with a 3.4L stroker kit. Just awaiting confirmation blocks are 12 month lead time to be built. Big plans for the future for the GTR.

just buy their 1700hp rb32 they have for sale, i dunno what gearbox you could use behind it for AWD but? :)

just buy their 1700hp rb32 they have for sale, i dunno what gearbox you could use behind it for AWD but? :)

Nah can build a bigger and better engine, the new gearbox will be a Liberty Air Shifted 5 Speed Clutchless.

Old man admiring the end result there :P

Lol yeah Cal sitting back enjoying his craftsmanship

Well it was not the weekend we were hoping for but still managed some decent times. We are starting to find the limit of the engine and its starting to show signs of stress, it has had a very hard life I must say, Haven't touch any of the internals for over 2yrs. I was aware that the clutch was getting due for a rebuild, we usually get approx. 20 runs out of a set of new disc's. But it decided to bite us on the arse now, kind of a good thing as I was planning on changing it after this weekend anyways.

On our last run the car was running approx. 42psi of boost which to my conclusion lifted the head off the gasket and pressurised the cooling system and ended up blowing the welsh plug out of the back of the head and dumped all its coolant, you can see it at the end of the video it misting out behind the car. So that was our weekend over. :unsure: This has happened before on other big boost RB's so not to stressed about it. Will probably be up for a new Head gasket, and head studs. The engine is coming out tomorrow so the clutch can be sent to Doug at NPC for a rebuild and start making repairs to the engine.

Our best time of the night was a 8.7sec @ 161mph and 1.3sec 60ft. Not bad considering the clutch was fingered. Car still showing its quite capable of breaking the 8.47sec World record. Our next meet will be Brisbane Jamboree in Sep. Can't Wait :woot:

Finally have internet again

Bought an el-cheapo version of a Go-Pro the other day, so going to give that a go later if i can be bothered going and buying an SD card for it :)

Be good to remember what my car sounded like with the HKS Turbo. Probably the best thing about it at the moment, if only the turbo lived up to expectations

Cal's was running either a GT-RS or GT2835 can't remember now. Kingy needs to upgrade to 2x GT-RS turbo's when he put the 2.8L Jun stroker in and punch out a healthy 700hp+ stealth low mount setup, will give him low 10sec quarters :woot:

Yeah I run a gt2835 KAI. Ordered a pro s kit but the KAI was supposedly better. Too bad I am down 30rwkw or more on where the Pro S makes and its not a problem isolated to my car

But with the surge slots it sounds pretty nuts.

Really tossing up wether or not to go a variable geometry turbo now. Stao (hypergear) has begun development of these and they look very impressive on his 33

A custom Garrett GCG Turbo is all the craze at the moment, a lot of big time attack cars running them at the moment.

He Cal have you though about changing the intake setup on the car by going to a larger intake pipe and getting rid of the AFM and all other restrictions. I just know that Power FC's and Air Flow Meters are a huge pain in the arse to get right, have the AFM too close to the turbo and shit gets all f**ked up just a thought. I have had fair few HKS turbo's in my time and not one has ever faulted me and they have always made more power than what they are quoted to make.

Just a quick update Richard's Supra currently on dyno at Godzilla has had base line run 300rwkw on 15psi Boost 98ron on a Stock Standard 2JZ VVT-I with HKS T04Z Turbo kit, looking forward to seeing what it make on high boost :woot: . Another fine Race Bred Enterprise Machine.

I have a Link G4 waiting to go on the car with the new setup. The problem is with the turbo because I asked around about it when I got my first dyno sheet back and the best result was 263rwkw on a NEO. The Pro S' made between 280-310rwkw which was a bit higher then I think they were supposed to make.

I dont know, if someone else was making more power then I would have gone further, but I couldnt really find anyone making significantly more power then mine. I took it up with Nengun/HKS and HKS weren't interested in helping and Nengun couldnt do anything about it.

This is the main reason I went hypergear, because I get nearly 24/7 support on here and privately and Stao is great with replacement parts and service etc.

Just looking forward to more power :)

Yeah seems strange with HKS Kai, you must have got a experiment 1st series batch or something. :yucky: Haven't heard a great deal about the Hypergear turbo's, even in all the oversea's magazine's I get delivered every month haven't heard much about them, will be interesting to see only in action.

Finally have internet again

Bought an el-cheapo version of a Go-Pro the other day, so going to give that a go later if i can be bothered going and buying an SD card for it :)

Be good to remember what my car sounded like with the HKS Turbo. Probably the best thing about it at the moment, if only the turbo lived up to expectations

I got 3 Go - Pros if you need to borrow them for some awesome footage.

Cal's was running either a GT-RS or GT2835 can't remember now. Kingy needs to upgrade to 2x GT-RS turbo's when he put the 2.8L Jun stroker in and punch out a healthy 700hp+ stealth low mount setup, will give him low 10sec quarters :woot:

Kingy is happy enough with what he has now! Bigger isn't always better....

Anyone going to TNT next friday?

I'm just happy to know my exact turbo has been tested on a car with very similar specs to mine (my new engine has poncams though) and has made power that I'm happy with. Ran near as makes no difference 360rwkw on E85 and around 300rwkw on 98 so with the cams I should get a touch more power. From memory it was tested when Stao was trialing some cheaper manifolds to sell which turned out to be a bit worse performing then the Brea manifold he uses. With the 6boost I should gain a little bit extra from the power he achieved

Stao is pretty good to with development and swapping out parts. I know he has exchanged turbine housings with a newer, faster spooling design at no cost or a small fee. It's this sort of service you dont get from HKS, not that I can really blame them for it being a Japanese company.

The fake go-pro isn't to bad. I made a video today, video films good enough but the video I shoot was pretty average, will have another go tomorrow :)

maybe I'll buy a real go-pro one day when I do a track day or two. If I get to that stage anyway..... Shame theres no race track close enough to Mackay

Engine change first, hopefully I get some free time to do that soon.....

Kingy is happy enough with what he has now! Bigger isn't always better....

Anyone going to TNT next friday?

TNT is on this Friday night isn't it?

Anyway, yeah i'll be heading out to spectate.

Need more Skylines on the track, tired of boring old p platers driving commodores.