SAU Community

State Of Origin - Blow-by-blow

Jamezilla

For the record, i think they sell them when they are no longer any use to them...so they have gone off to the point where they dont even get any usefel data to go testing on them. That probably means they are a tenth or two per km off their norm, which can equate to 0.5-1.0second per lap. How that matches up to new semis i have no idea, i have just always noted that guys on slicks are usually slower then guys on semis...perhaps not the case anymore. It has just been an obsevation of mine as the technical aspect of what makes cars go quick is what i find interesting. Proves the golden rule though, if you want to go quick then its all about the tyres.

Its all good Troy, i just feel like the way people talk about used slicks is that they are similar to street tyres....

If JP invests in some new RE55S's, he might be good for a 1:41!! :P

Snowy - well said, bring on Round 2!!!! :yes:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I give all of my credit to my new found wang. It slowed my speed down enough down the straight so my brakes didn't cook and did nothing noticable in the corners so the car handled as it alway did.

There are a few pics where it looks like it could be bending your boot lid :D

Roy - do you really think the carrera cup guys hang on to their tyres for a year and then sell them?? They're lucky if they see more than 2 races due to the level of competition, so I don't think they are trying to save on tyres and use them till they're f(cked. Paul told me that usually they get a new set of tyres after each meeting, so alot of the tyres are in fair condition, not to the point where they are useless..

He even mentioned that some of the used sets have come off cars which had mechanical failure or accident damage and had only done about 20 or so laps, and new tyres are put on for the next event.

T04GTR - what excuses are you talking about?? and how many laps have the guys driving the civic and starlet done at EC?? Are you saying that we are shit drivers and should be doing better?? Not sure what you are trying to say but let us know coz its a bit unclear on what you're on about...

Anyway, this is not a dick swinging contest, we put in the effort and went to have some fun at a different track, and I believe was a huge success. Don't really care if anybody thinks we should have gone faster or slower because of the money we have spent on our cars, we had fun and the cars came back in 1 piece, that's all that matters...

N1GTR - yep, 2560R's on 19psi...

oh yess. i was making a general comment aimed at roy in a comical way about how there always an excuse for not doing the times you want or someone else doing better.

shit drivers? on the contuary sp? im not having a go at you guys. just that the few people at both days who were on slicks seem to be sublely called cheaters,or no talent lol.

im no great driver, i just think credit is due if someone did well.. not a list of why they did well compared to otheres. this was only my 3rd time on the track with the gtr.

the civic is driven by a dentist. he used to race gtp in a s15. hes very good. oh he does 1.49.5 at eastern creek.

that was a indication that it doesnt matter what car you got. if its set up it will do the times regardless of power.

dont get all ofendedd. im just defending myself and throwing in a few of my opinions.

thanks. dave

trackclub.jpg

The first rule of Track Club is -- AWD is cheating.

The second rule of Track Club is -- AWD is cheating.

The third rule of Track Club -- If someone bends panels, rubs paint then beers are on others.

Fourth rule -- Trash talk is JUST trash talk guys.

Fifth rule -- dont worry about what others are doing. Just worry about yourself.

Sixth rule -- If it rains, you cannot tag out and go home.

Seventh rule -- the bullshit excuses can only start when the checquered flag drops.

And the eighth and final rule -- if this is your first day at Track Club, you WILL be hooked

The first rule of Track Club is -- AWD is cheating.

The second rule of Track Club is -- AWD is cheating.

The third rule of Track Club -- If someone bends panels, rubs paint then beers are on others.

Fourth rule -- Trash talk is JUST trash talk guys.

Fifth rule -- dont worry about what others are doing. Just worry about yourself.

Sixth rule -- If it rains, you cannot tag out and go home.

Seventh rule -- the bullshit excuses can only start when the checquered flag drops.

And the eighth and final rule -- if this is your first day at Track Club, you WILL be hooked

hahaha thats awesome!