State Of Origin - Blow-by-blow

Jamezilla

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome awesome week - I had an absolute blast and thanks to everyone who came for making it so good.

Soooo many funny stories. :)

Huge thanks to 'Sydney' (aka Steve) and John for being great hosts, we will repay the hospitality next week at DECA Steve (by the way you have PM re accommodation).

Team Precision Driving FTW!!!

PS. Im going back to sleep now.

Talking to Andrew and listening to Jack and Aaron seems to confirm that if you have a shit car, ie R32 GTSt Eastern Creek is a constant battle. But if you can drive and have a sorted car its much more fun.

Bloody quick times too for first timers...

As for talent replacing slicks....hey you know they are as bad as the Pilot Sport Cups noones wants to run on, and what 1 year old semi slicks are like. So they aint running slicks for times, they are running them because they are $200 track tyres....dont spit the dummy because a 72 Capri was quicker then Vic and Dave's GTR also quicker....and god bless the slot car for taking top time at EC.

Also dude , a GTR driver complaining about the grip of a guy running old slicks. Really? Dont. You sound like us disgruntled RWD guys pointing fingers at you talentless GTR drivers:)

Oh, and despite my non attendance, do i still get the case for sweet talking the ARDC? Sleep with my Mrs, forgotten. Rob me, forgotten. Promise me grog...not quickly forgotten :)

As for talent replacing slicks....hey you know they are as bad as the Pilot Sport Cups noones wants to run on, and what 1 year old semi slicks are like. So they aint running slicks for times, they are running them because they are $200 tracj tyres....

Troy, unfortunately I don't agree with you here. I followed the black R34GTR around EC, he had slicks and I noticed his grip levels were just as good as mine in the fast corners, and he had stock suspension!!

Aaron and I didn't have new RE55S either, so doesn't matter whether the slicks they had were a year old or even 10 years old, full slick tyres have the performance edge over any semi comp tyre...

So if your saying there's no difference then why don't race cars run semi comps??

I can guarantee that if I had some used slicks on my car I would have gone atleast 1.5-2 seconds quicker..

How about John or Paul use some used semis and see if they can go as quick as they are now???

Congrats to John on the time, that Zed is very well sorted. Maybe if Frank was there it might have been a different story, and if Ben was there... well u know what would hapen.....

Talent replacing slicks? that's a bit rough Snowy!

Or is that the good ol' GTR excuse book out again? lol.

Glad you all had a good time, next time you come up I hope we have a few more NSW members toughen up and actually hit the track (myself included!!!)

Cheers

Liz.

AMEN.

thanks roy :) best 200 b ucks i ever spent. mayby nextime i can finmd some wider than 240. :/

seriously it was mad.

and for the record this is my 3rd EVER trackday. so the next one will be good.and mayby i should get a cams licence :P

i seem to have a pretty good alround gtr. 1/4 mile and track . :D:d:d

oh. our work civic runs on 195 048avan shit its got 110fwkw. it does 1.09.2 at wakie.

and the starlet in our class with 230hp at the engine with the same ruber does 1.07's all day at wakie and 1.47 at eastern creek.

so givbe me a few years of expeiance and wel see ;)

ps. i went to a dylogog dyno night last night and got 260awkw :)

I forgot to give one more set of thanks.

I really have to thank James for letting me be 3s faster than him in his car at Wakefield and Nige for letting me be 3s faster than him at Eastern Creek in his car.

I'm so used to having Blaise and Jesus being faster than me in my car that it was nice of you guys to let me try the shoe on the other foot for once.

:)

Team QLD won the wang banger drinking....a 1,2 finish i belive!

Thanks for an awesome few days guys :)

yeah qld did win the drinking 'man of the match' that night

ive never had those silly wangbangers and never will but u guys hooked into em before the vic guys did, tops effort !!

BTW Brisby - the only people more talentless than slick users (they sure weren't old crappy ones either) are EVO drivers.

Easiest cars to drive fast ever.

I should get one and put some slicks on it I reckon. It would suit me.

thanks to all the organisers, was a great road trip & track day experience for us. lots of funny moments and some good photos as well, some of the memorable moments:

gareth with the balaclava ski mask

the 'rowdy track week survival kit'

gareth stealing the left over burger and the guys eating it

$3.60 pints of anything and $5 wangbangers

the great clutch debate at the pub

the megaphone and its 101 uses

dikes on bikes at wakefield

liz giving me 3 advan centre wheel caps

the stupidhead locals in sydney chromies, gauges, pink paintjobs

well done all, not a bad benchmark for our first interstate battle.

i vote next one in march, sau nsw come down here :)

also got 507k's to a tank, not empty just yet (see pic below)

post-2054-1163294289.jpg

and did another run after filling up in gundagai and got 547k's to a tank (no light on yet).

managed to stuff in 52 litres at the shell here. not bad for pfc with 02 feedback off

Lets not forget NSW owning every VIC car (expect for gareth coz he lent us a multimeter which came in very handy!! and the Evo's, coz we felt sorry for them!) with "NSW FTW"

Glad one of us could have used those centre caps Paul!

Troy, unfortunately I don't agree with you here. I followed the black R34GTR around EC, he had slicks and I noticed his grip levels were just as good as mine in the fast corners, and he had stock suspension!!

Aaron and I didn't have new RE55S either, so doesn't matter whether the slicks they had were a year old or even 10 years old, full slick tyres have the performance edge over any semi comp tyre...

So if your saying there's no difference then why don't race cars run semi comps??

I can guarantee that if I had some used slicks on my car I would have gone atleast 1.5-2 seconds quicker..

How about John or Paul use some used semis and see if they can go as quick as they are now???

Congrats to John on the time, that Zed is very well sorted. Maybe if Frank was there it might have been a different story, and if Ben was there... well u know what would hapen.....

Really? Thats interesting, as i have seen so many cars use 2nd hand slicks and they are crap. There is a reason why a team sells them off rather then holds onto them for test sessions or racing?!?!

As for why race cars dont run semis, dont misunderstand me. Not saying slicks arent typically a better compound and grippier, just that the ones getting around cheaply 2nd hand are in my experience been shit. Slow to get up to temp and when they are up to temp they aint all that grippy compared to a 6 month or newer semi slick. Just like semis get old and go off, slicks do as well.

Anyway, just my thouights on slicks automatically mean super cheater. It can be budget racer wanting cheap durable tyres. If they arent are cactus thats why the Carrera Cup guy sold then for $200 a set. I think as a rule unless they were bought new then they are usually sh1t...LOL if im wrong then im worng :/

Perhaps Paul has found a better set then usual????

Johns the only guy out there runnng rwd anyway...slicks or not you GTR guys can take your lateral G sensors and computer trickery and :)

Jus t quietly though...and this will be deleted in days to come. Im kind of glad you guys got up there and punched out the laps you did. You can now see what i have seen since arriving in Vic. You guys are a top bunch...and very good steerers. It doesnt really come as a surprise that you guys are generally quicker.

Still, there are far too many GTRs down here, doesnt make for very interesting competition when you have 10 seconds difference between you guys and me :)