SAU Community

New Years

Sinful

Hey people :laugh:

This will be our first proper New Years here in Sydney :)

Just wonderring what everyone plans are and the best way to celebrate New Years here in Sydney?? :huh:

I was thinking of getting a group of people and going to the north side of the harbour bridge to chill on the lawn have a few drinks and wait and watch the fireworks :D :PBJ:

Or is everyone all over celebrating New Years :(

Jess :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to blues bay point, kinda tradition its where all the north shories go lol it gets pretty packed there but the view of the bridger is amazing, but id have to say after many drinks trying to find a free toilet is quite difficult hahah :D

Im going to blues bay point, kinda tradition its where all the north shories go lol it gets pretty packed there but the view of the bridger is amazing, but id have to say after many drinks trying to find a free toilet is quite difficult hahah :D

hmmm

Im a north shorie :)

Im not sure what the place is called were we go but awesome view like you said :laugh:

Ive been watching the bridge for years, i dont think the fireworks have been getting much better recently, i think its just my drunken state :)

This year we decided to do something different, Shore Thing, bondi beach, Basement Jaxx and Bob Sinclair.....

Should be an awesome night!

if it's your fist sydney new year then you need to get ye-self to the south side of the bridge. around the rocks/circular quay/south pylon etc. somewhere like that. and soak it up. get nicely smashed too.

Ive been watching the bridge for years, i dont think the fireworks have been getting much better recently, i think its just my drunken state :)

This year we decided to do something different, Shore Thing, bondi beach, Basement Jaxx and Bob Sinclair.....

Should be an awesome night!

:D sounds great

could be an idea

if it's your fist sydney new year then you need to get ye-self to the south side of the bridge. around the rocks/circular quay/south pylon etc. somewhere like that. and soak it up. get nicely smashed too.

Its so busy on that side tho

so many people :mad:

that's the idea :mad:

yeah but tom many people have to fight thru them get lost is annoying :)

Just don't give me a New Years Day as hot as the last one.

Felt like the poor car had paint melting off it

:D

Dont remind me about last new years day..but atleast i was in doors with air conditioning hehe. I'd feel sorry for people that went to something like field day last new years, the heat was unbearable.

Hey people :)

This will be our first proper New Years here in Sydney :w00t:

Just wonderring what everyone plans are and the best way to celebrate New Years here in Sydney?? :huh:

I was thinking of getting a group of people and going to the north side of the harbour bridge to chill on the lawn have a few drinks and wait and watch the fireworks :) :PBJ:

Or is everyone all over celebrating New Years :(

Jess :)

Hey Jess!

Bradleys Head is a good position to watch the fireworks too. It's sorta under Taronga Zoo, on the water. We had a great time there and the view was awesome! We drove down from the coast and didn't have any probs parking and getting home was relatively easy from there too - a little bit of traffic getting out of course but a clear run home otherwise! Check it out on whereis or your ubd! :):yes:

Edited by Tinks

Hey Jess!

Bradleys Head is a good position to watch the fireworks too. It's sorta under Taronga Zoo, on the water. We had a great time there and the view was awesome! We drove down from the coast and didn't have any probs parking and getting home was relatively easy from there too - a little bit of traffic getting out of course but a clear run home otherwise! Check it out on whereis or your ubd! :):O

What a small world tinks,i was at the tiny beach in between taronga park wharf & athol wharf just around from where you guys were last year ;) .Great view of the harbour bridge,camped ova night with friends met heaps of people & drowned myself in alcohol,then consistantly jump in & out of the water ( due to the heat + stupiddity ) ;) .Top fun highly recomended for all. :D

At the end of the day I am going to watch the fire works So what you reckon we get a bunch of us together get smashed fall over watch the fire works and get more smashed ?

Does this sound good ?

(((ANDREW )))

Try and get a spot in or around Kirribilli (say g'day to Johnny Howard if you can be bothered looking for his house) - there's usually a few good areas to watch the fireworks from there, assuming you get there early enough to secure your spot.