SAU Community

Is This "really" A Titanium Exhaust?

foznice

Hi everyone, just bought an exhaust. I paid for it thinking that it was 4" in diametre, and titanium (as described by seller).

It turns out though that it's only 3.5" and now I'm strating to wonder if it is actually titanium as well.

So, does anyone have photos of titanium exhausts? Or could you descripe it's apprearance??

As you can see from the pics, this one is shiny and has a yellowish tinge to it. I've heard that stainless goes yellow over time, but I really don't know for sure. I've always been under the impression that titanium is dark and shiny, but maybe there are differnt types....

I understand that titanium is supposed to be light also, this particular system (with cat pipe) weighed 16kg's accodring to the freighting company. Does anyone know how much their stainless catback system weighs? Maybe we can do a rough comparison/estimation..

Also whats the go with welding different types of metal together (ie stainless and titanium)? Because this has a stainless steel muffler (as described). I was under the impression that titanium welding was very tricky... But I really don't know for sure....

Cheers.

Fullpipe.jpg

DSC01534.jpg

Still a bloody nice looking exhaust even if it's not 4" or Titanium....

On the topic of Titanium Exhausts.... anyone know a supplier in Australia for Reinhard? I love the "trumpet" on the Amuse R34GTR :laugh:

there is somone advertising reinhard in HPI.

btw reinhard hydrich was one of the biggest mass murders of all time as one of hitlers right hand men. i have nfi why they named and exhaust company after him... wierd co-incidence i guess.

how loud is it though? :laugh:

pretty quiet actually it's not the single straight through it's a twin 2.5" splitting off at the cat. It's had a bit of a scrapping though, wonder who can/how you go about titanium repair. Not that anyone would notice and there are no exhaust leaks.

haha! you outbid me on that exhaust...:laugh: I really wanted it but got to $400 and started looking closley and realised it wasn't titanium. bugger about it being 3.5 not 4.

Still looks like an excellent exhaust. also comes with the nice noise control valve.

still, yiu wouldn't have got a better exhaust for the same price. I just paid $700 for a xforce stainless 3" system I would have piad that much for the one you bought looking back on it :laugh:

Still, complain to the seller as it was advertised as titanium and 4" make him refund you some dollars.