SAU Community

After How Many Km's Should U Change Ur Fuel Filter

jetpilot

I changed the fuel filter at 100, 000km and the car has now done 137,400...is it due or do they last for 100,000km

I think your getting confused with the timing belt mate. Fuel filter should be changed approx. every 5000 to 10000kms. Oil filter should be changed approx. every 5000Kms. Timing belt is a major service which is usually changed every 100,000Kms with the idlers and tensioners i believe. Good luck :laugh:

i don't think you need to change your fuel filter that often.

it depends on how often you run on a low tank. if you don't let the car get below about 1/3 tank then you can leave it longer than someone who constantly runs it below 1/4 tank.

Edited by mad082

i don't think you need to change your fuel filter that often.

it depends on how often you run on a low tank. if you don't let the car get below about 1/3 tank then you can leave it longer than someone who constantly runs it below 1/4 tank.

I thought the fuel pump sucks fuel from the bottom of the tank anyway.?.

I agree with GTR chick, every 4000km's is a nice ammount.

I just dont understand how people put off chaning their oil every 5-10,000km's.

Its a $45 bottle of oil for gods sake, its cheap insurance, i keep my baby bathing in new motul every 3000kms.

probably less if i involve spirited driving.

cheers

Mine swallows $60 worth of Motul every 5000km's + a $16 PureOne oil filter.

Every fuel filter I do the airfilter also (Purulator airfilter)

Still running the stock airbox but with a nice big arsed 100mm cai.

if i did mine every 3000k's that would be after only putting through 500L. seems kind of a waste. if you used a handfull of gravel as octane boost then i could understand changing it as often as your oil.

to see how little fuel that is, a common fridge is about about 450L. so if you had a tank the size of your fridge you would be changing it after only putting through that small amount of fuel.