SAU Community

Window Scratches

Adz2332

Hey,

Well my drivers side door window has long scratches running the full length of the window (up and down, from top to bottom). they are just about dead cntre of the window. The power window still works fine, it doesnt appear to be struggling or anything. and it doesnt make a noise so i cant tell if anything is rubbing on it. but from the amount of scratches it appears its been doing it for some time. The passenger side has no scratches. Has this happened to anyone else? How did u fix it? does anyone have any idea what could be causing it? or how to stop it?

thanks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are little pads that guide the window. after a while the felt cover wears off and the metal underneath scratches the window. the reason it's usually worse on the drivers side is because the drivers side get's more use. really the only way to fix it is to buy a new window, and replace the little pads with new ones.

there are little pads that guide the window. after a while the felt cover wears off and the metal underneath scratches the window. the reason it's usually worse on the drivers side is because the drivers side get's more use. really the only way to fix it is to buy a new window, and replace the little pads with new ones.

ok ill try that cheers

I've bought the parts and i'm installing over the Christmas break

Their not cheap...especially for what you get...OEM Nissan Parts, no suprise their expensive. Do both windows as it will save you the expense of the extra window purchase down the road.

pt# 80324-04U03 BRKT STOPER (Bracket Stopper).

I've bought the parts and i'm installing over the Christmas break

Their not cheap...especially for what you get...OEM Nissan Parts, no suprise their expensive. Do both windows as it will save you the expense of the extra window purchase down the road.

pt# 80324-04U03 BRKT STOPER (Bracket Stopper).

how much was it?

Be advised all these were for my 32R

For the pair and thats one side...$129.00 ex Japan wait about a week. You would gag if i posted the pix, these things are nothing, I did a double take and had the parts cat check...sure enough...bang 129 bucks, damn OEM. But its cheaper than the window i bought and will be cheaper than waiting till the passenger ones scratched to buggery and needs replacing. :)

spot on... But you can loosen the current ones to prevent any further scratching..

Anyone know the part number for the R33 Parts? (the little felt pads)

Would like to fix this and retint my windows

Can we just get glass from the windscreen obriens or something?! If so I'm going to do this too. Noticed scratches on a few R34 GT-R's as well. BAD DESIGN NISSAN!

Wouldnt think so...curved, tempered etc. But hey, I could be wrong...I never checked.

Second handies can be found.

If I can remember to do it in between swearing at the car and enjoying a holiday tipple I will take some pix and do a D.I.Y.

yeah, the windows are fairly complex, i'd doubt obrien or anyone other than nissan would make them. they hahve to have holes in them for all the bolts, guide etc and they are curved and cut in odd shapes.

I'm luck in that I was able to buy a mint passenger window, and a mint drivers window. still haven't put them in, but I will :D

Good work on the part numbers, I'd like to see a pic too. maybe I can re-coat my old ones with something.

These pads not only wear out, but they can get choked with dust so when you wash the car you should run water over them by letting the window down a bit and pushing the window in a little. Gives heaps of space to flush. Make sure the door drains aren't clogged too.

I got some darkish strips down the drivers window which is the early stages of the wearing, but the pads have plenty of felt left on them.

Clark rubber might have something that can be used to replace the pads.

These pads not only wear out, but they can get choked with dust so when you wash the car you should run water over them by letting the window down a bit and pushing the window in a little. Gives heaps of space to flush. Make sure the door drains aren't clogged too.

I got some darkish strips down the drivers window which is the early stages of the wearing, but the pads have plenty of felt left on them.

Clark rubber might have something that can be used to replace the pads.

Im actually referring to the inside pads... they are the ones causing the scratching.. And ive got no idea if they are able to be replaced or not..

Yes. There are sets for the inner surface and the outer surface. If dust gets into the door both are exposed. They can be replaced but there will be some work to it, such as glass removal but not too serious.