SAU Community

Window Scratches

Adz2332

I am yet another 32 owner who has scratches on my drivers window. I had my door trim off the other day and checked out those pads. They look dusty so most likely what has scratched my window. Anyone removed them? How do you get them out from the door? They look like they slide out but I dont want to damage them without having a replacement part. $129 is definately pricey for new pads.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic, but if your glass gets scratched, is there a way it can be wet-polished? I reckon a glass maker could "polish" scratches out, given enough time with the right tools. Still need to replace the felt pads to prevent more scratches of course.

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought some of these BRKT STOPERS (4 in total). A mate of mine is in Japan so got him to buy them for me and post them over here. If I told you the price difference you would cry. Just shows how much profit nissan Aus is making on these soughts of parts. Mark

Off topic, but if your glass gets scratched, is there a way it can be wet-polished? I reckon a glass maker could "polish" scratches out, given enough time with the right tools.

im wondering this too, ive got some nasty scratches on my front windcreen that i wanna get rid of

• 1 month later...
im wondering this too, ive got some nasty scratches on my front windcreen that i wanna get rid of

i just got myself a kit for polishing glass :P i'll try it out soon and report back...

kit is designed for either deep scratches (sanding style kit) and then a polishing kit

i'll get some progress shots of how it turns out.

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought some of these BRKT STOPERS (4 in total). A mate of mine is in Japan so got him to buy them for me and post them over here. If I told you the price difference you would cry. Just shows how much profit nissan Aus is making on these soughts of parts. Mark

Maybe you could organise a group buy for us??????? :P

Looks like there are a few of us needing them.

I just got my windows tinted today and can now see scratches on my windows that I never saw before. very disapointing.

If anyone has luck with a company buffing out scratches or a product please let us know the results. I dont want to replace windows I have just had tinted.

As for those little rubber things, looks like I have a new job to add to the TO DO list. :)

When i used to work at Autobarn there was a company called AllCrashParts we used to deal with that listed R32 window glass at a reasonable price.

If they still do it and it's definately the right part then that would be a good option for replacement glass as i recall it being a LOT cheaper than nissan! :P

• 2 months later...

anyone found a retro fit solution? Also, are these parts interchangeable? i.e. will the above parts and solutions work with the R34?

my driver's side window is starting to develop some scratches. The window tinter advised me that it is a flaw all pillarless window designs develop as they have to have stronger holders and guides for the window because there is no frame. The greater pressure means it wears out quicker than most door windows. He says the Magna had the same problem with pillarless windows.

• 2 months later...
Someone has posted before if u pull them out and soak them in hot water it will restore them to near new condition.

Someone try it and tell if it works ;)

Just tried this and it seemed to work pretty well, when i removed them they were hard and flat then after soaking them for a couple of minutes they went soft and after roughing them up a bit they were 10 times better than what they were :)

I'm an autoglazier (flash way of saying windscreen fitter) and yeah, pillarless doors do tend to scratch more quickly. there are places that polish scratches, but you'll never get it back to 100%. You can keep the felt clean which will definately help but as we do tinting as well I just have it re-tinted every time it gets scratched and let the tint wear out instead of the glass. But I can get it for nothing so I know this is hardly a viable solution for most.

ive heard about this problem, and apparently through australian compliance, they put a bar in the doors which effect the rollers or something, like gets in the way, or creates less space or something... eh its what i have heard, and when i bought my car, the lines on the windows werent showing, i am the first owner in aus and had it all complied.... but now after having my car about 5 months in aus, it is showing, so its coheesive. im not saying i know for sure this is the problem, its just what ive heard.

That is POSSIBLE, as they do weld in side intrusion bars to comply in Aus. I have heard of bad welders really warping the doors as they do this job, so it could introduce new flex, however it seems extremely unlikely as a LOT of ppl seem to have the identical problem, several scratches right up the centre. Maybe they rarely wind their windows down in Japan? Maybe the smog is a lot worse than the air-con? Maybe I'm just taking random guesses with no real logic or knowledge? Yeah, it could be that one...

• 8 months later...

Old thread but what the heck

Apparently, i'm not the only person with this problem.

Where can i get a side window replacement as well as the bracket stoppers. My driver window is starting to look shit now

My window motor pads at the driver side is starting to wear out and as a result I now have a visible mark running from the bottom of the window to the top and also the annoying scraping sound (tok tok tok tok) when I wind the window up or down. Do you know who can replace these pads and also the scratched window?

post-38971-1259060000_thumb.jpg

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Wi...ck-t297542.html

Edited by hotchoc

• 5 months later...
those window guides just have a furry pad on them. i reckon you could pull them out and replace the pad yourself with anything soft and suitable.

That's exactly what I did - replaced with felt.

Bought a glass polish kit from here:

http://www.glasspolish.com.au/

Mine are very scratched from this.

• 3 weeks later...

The felt I have simply isn't good enough. I reckon it's gonna catch heaps of dust and cause scratching again. My old pads are so worn they can't be blown with high pressure or soaked to bring up again.

I've used a part no. from this thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sc...ratch&st=30

And RHD have listed the part for me:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/nissan-oem-glass-s...04u00-r32-63242

Can someone confirm if it's the bit I need before I go and order? Picture tells me it may not be... But Deren says it is in his post #46 :)

That is POSSIBLE, as they do weld in side intrusion bars to comply in Aus. I have heard of bad welders really warping the doors as they do this job, so it could introduce new flex, however it seems extremely unlikely as a LOT of ppl seem to have the identical problem, several scratches right up the centre. Maybe they rarely wind their windows down in Japan? Maybe the smog is a lot worse than the air-con? Maybe I'm just taking random guesses with no real logic or knowledge? Yeah, it could be that one...

hmm, this might have happened to mine - my passenger door doesnt close properly, and there is a gap at the bottom of the window in the door jam (and water actually can get in through there) - Ive tried adjusting the latch in as far as possible, with no luck. Maybe its the shit weld that has warped the door?