SAU Community

33gtr Box Into 32gtr

monga

while we are on this topic. do you have the 34GTR box in your 32 still andrew? i'm wondering does the 32 GTR transfer case fit to the 34 getrag box?

Yerrp shes here to stay!

and no i dont beleive it does. i think they are both different. but am not 100% sure on that.

cool, so I'm guessing you bought a 34GTR box and transfer case together?

what were the main things that need changing?

i know of:

clutch

shifter

but what about tail shaft? and if it's different could you just swap to a 34 GTR shaft?

cool, so I'm guessing you bought a 34GTR box and transfer case together?

what were the main things that need changing?

i know of:

clutch

shifter

but what about tail shaft? and if it's different could you just swap to a 34 GTR shaft?

ok what i got was.

34 box, transfer, and shifter

34 clutch, (mine was more difficult to get as larger imput spline)

34 tailshaft

34 cross member

i think either the tail shafts were split apart. and 32 part for the rear to diff, and 34 part to mount to the box? someone may be able to correct me on this but the 32 shaft is different from the 34 shaft bolt section wise?

or it may have just been a straight swap to the 34 shaft. i cant quiet remember. either way one of the boxes is longer by about a few inches than the other

i'll get a photo of the spare i have at home and you can decide whats happened.

it is an amazing box tho i really like it

p.s. i fixed the boost problem. suspect hose clamps. it now holds 1.5 bar nicely so back to the dyno i go!

Edited by Angus Smart

baron what's a 34 box + transfer worth?

it cost me about a little above 8k all up.

which if pretty expensive i guess.

but i didnt have a choice when it came to clutch. so i had to get top of the range os tripple plate. or might be a quad i cant remember as i never actually saw it.

but for a box thats very very streetable and lovely ratios and the bonus of 6 speed! its hard to resist.

i'm sure you can source a cheeper box than i did tho.

it cost me about a little above 8k all up.

which if pretty expensive i guess.

but i didnt have a choice when it came to clutch. so i had to get top of the range os tripple plate. or might be a quad i cant remember as i never actually saw it.

but for a box thats very very streetable and lovely ratios and the bonus of 6 speed! its hard to resist.

i'm sure you can source a cheeper box than i did tho.

wow that's alot.

but if you're keeping it i guess is worth it!

cheers

yes you can. If you dont want to change to a pull type clutch just redrill the holes for the slave cylinder and tap them and the slave will bolt straight on. There are 2 spots on the R33 box for the new holes. Then swap the front end of your box onto the R33 box and use the old push clutch fork and bearing. Its a very simple job.

When swapping the front of your box over be sure to use some grey sealer on the bottom bolts as they help seal thhe box from the bell housing.

y would u bother when u can have an os giken 5 speed with new 33 synchro's for 7-8k?

well, they both can handle similar power. both seem to cost around the same price one has 6 gears, and the other has 5. and i quiet like the ratios in the 34 box. and it wasnt really that much of a hastle