SAU Community

Best... Weekend... Ever

Baconer

Well i was off to the coast (Batemans Bay) for a family christmas party on friday night, the trip was uneventful until around Braidwood when 3 new Holdens (SS ute, Commodore, Calais)came rocketing past me, SS ute with a fridge very slightly tied into his tray vertically. This didnt stop him travelling at 140+km around corners and overtaking cars though. You could see the fridge swaying each corner, it would of had to of slipped out at some point that trip. So they pull off into a petrol station and things go back to normal. Halfway down the clyde and they are back going extremely fast around the last few corners (still with fridge). I get overtaken just before the overtaking lane while rolling down the hill at about 116km. Up ahead i notice a police car pulling out, sirens going, and me and my sis start laughing, thinking its about time they got done... No it was me who was done... He pulls up behind me and i pull over to let him pass to chase after them but he pulls off behind me, walks up to me and asks me why i was going so fast. I couldnt even say anything... i asked him if he saw those other cars (they overtook me while i was going 116, so how fast were they going) but he looked around, smiled and said what cars... Told me i was 4 kms off losing my licence on the spot, says its the first day of holidays so thats double demerits.

Goodbye licence :P

Worst part is ive just moved out to murrambateman so im pretty f**ked when it comes to work...

Also i got back to Canberra and nearly crashed twice, both in erindale. 1 was a pink 33 who was spinning the wheels in a roundabout casuing a falcon to stop in the middle of the roundabout just infront of me.

Second was at the intersection near Mobil. I was turning into the street that goes past the college and this moron P-Plater in her commodore thought she had right of way and cut me off, nearly side swiping me.

I know I was speeding so its my own fault, but the fact 3 other cars going FASTER then me, one with a heavy object losely tied into his tray, get off free is what shits me. Ohwell, 1 less P-plater with a sports car on the road, 3 more bogans get away to kill your relatives.

bad luck man - but yeah...shouldnt have been speeding in the first place (though we all do that atleast by 10 kays over on the freeway and stuff) - still shocking how he didnt catch the other 3 morons though...

Hey Baconer , I wouldn`t say good bye to your licence yet if it your first offence write a letter saying how sorry u are about a 80% u will get off , if they got u doing 116 they can only do u for <15km/h as the radar is accurate to +/- 2km/h

Edited by GTR32GUS

It was a 90 zone, about 1km from where it turns to 100 so its 26km over. 30+ means you lose your licence on the spot.

Yea i heard about that. If you get a fine in NSW and your licence is registered in ACT then theres a large chance you wont lose the points. Something about the systems not working well together. Fine is already paid for, heres hoping :X

Edited by Baconer

Yea i heard about that. If you get a fine in NSW and your licence is registered in ACT then theres a large chance you wont lose the points. Something about the systems not working well together. Fine is already paid for, heres hoping :X

worked for me, 6 points and whopping massive fine but i didnt lose any points...

Ring the RTA in the ACT and get a status check done. Other wise you can get into some serious shit if you are caught with no license.

Oh and by the way this is a public forum.....

Im not taking any further action with this. I was speeding, just dont agree with their prejudice

worked for me, 6 points and whopping massive fine but i didnt lose any points...

The other situation that i have heard about this is that if you have an ACT licence but

lose enough points while in NSW to lose your licence that you are only not allowed to drive in NSW.

Another loophole i guess

Told me i was 4 kms off losing my licence on the spot, says its the first day of holidays so thats double demerits.
i thought i heard on the news that double demerits dont start till the 22nd?!

anyway, sorry to hear... that sux the 3 holdens didnt get pulled over :laugh:

the fridge sounds like a disaster waiting to happen!!

Was talking to a mate of mine about this and he asked a question im very worried about. If i lose my licence and have to go back onto P's, will the 'no turbo/ V8 for P-platers' law affect me?

Was talking to a mate of mine about this and he asked a question im very worried about. If i lose my licence and have to go back onto P's, will the 'no turbo/ V8 for P-platers' law affect me?

If you live in NSW, id say so...

hmm now i understand hehe

Me: Hey come to wakefield with me

Snooze: I can't...

Me: come on...

Snooze: No i really can't i am not allowed to drive in NSW

Me: ooooohhhhhh smile.gif

it couldve just been an excuse to not go to wakefield with you...?

Edited by SKYLVIA

As you already have owned the car and had the licence for said car pre your infringement,I'm 99.9% sure you can keep driving the performance vehicle;you may want to check the legalities of being pulled over later...you don't need the officer believing you're spinning him a yarn! Also check when the double points start in NSW. If it's after the date you were booked,and the officer in question has marked you down for double points incorrectly,you can get out of it...

There's my 2c worth.