2007 F1 Season

wolverine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

any one here going to the f1? (sorry if there is a thread somewhere else)

my mate from the uk just got a job for McLaren so he's going to be over for the race, so i might head over for the weekend :sleep:

any one here going to the f1? (sorry if there is a thread somewhere else)

my mate from the uk just got a job for McLaren so he's going to be over for the race, so i might head over for the weekend :spank:

haha awesome, what type of job did he get with them?

working on the pc's in the garage to ensure it all keeps on running

To ensure the pc's keep running? or to watch the pc's to ensure that the cars keep running?

:laugh:

geez- Webbers well off the pace. But then, so is Coulthard. Chassis, engine package or aero deficiency at Red Bull Racing?

Well no seamless shift gearbox doesn't help.

Also, they have a heap of work to do on the aero.

Engine should be the best in the business

Chassis - well I am not sure they make much difference any more. There is basically no front suspension to speak of. All of them have massive torsional rigidity. With a Renault engine the weight distribution must be good. Only think left is the rear suspension. So, who knows? Hopefully Adrian Newey.

Williams havent been looking that bad so far in testing. The past few seasons there cars havea lways seemed to be in the top 6-8 for the first few rounds. Heres to hoping Wurz gets the job done.

As for RBR, well lets hope they are looking big picture and just gathering data and havent really tried their qualifying setups yet.

Well no seamless shift gearbox doesn't help.

Also, they have a heap of work to do on the aero.

Engine should be the best in the business

Chassis - well I am not sure they make much difference any more. There is basically no front suspension to speak of. All of them have massive torsional rigidity. With a Renault engine the weight distribution must be good. Only think left is the rear suspension. So, who knows? Hopefully Adrian Newey.

Yeah, having Newey as head aerodynamicist, you would have to assume the aero is tip-top. Maybe Ferrari supplied them with a slightly 'modified' customer engine :O.....:kiss:

Yeah, having Newey as head aerodynamicist, you would have to assume the aero is tip-top. Maybe Ferrari supplied them with a slightly 'modified' customer engine :O.....:kiss:

The progress of the aero has been hampered by them having to move/change/stuff around with their wind tunnel. So they are taking pain in terms of progress.

By modified, do you mean complete with Renault badges?

The only times that should be considered are the times given in the last 5mins of the 2nd session of qualifying at Melbourne next month. Everything up to then is just hogwash.

The only times that should be considered are the times given in the last 5mins of the 2nd session of qualifying at Melbourne next month. Everything up to then is just hogwash.

But someone has to be declared winner of the F1 summer series. :kiss: Inevitably one of the teams runs wonderfully well in testing & then when they rock up to the race the speed has suddenly gone missing. Arrows used to do it really well.