SAU Community

2007 F1 Season

wolverine

he was murdering beavers... :D

yeah i heard that today, he was third at the time.

Gotto say I'm liking Super Aguri at the moment, got some good young drivers and seem to have some speed compared to most of the teams out there

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh I almost forgot. Congrats to David Coulthard for the funniest radio transmission ever:

PIT: "David, how is the car"

DAVID: "Terrible, it doesn't turn, it doesn't stop, no traction.............but apart from that it's brilliant, I'm having a great time"

AAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

What is Spanish for piss weak?

TWO-time Formula One champion Fernando Alonso said overnight he does not feel comfortable at the McLaren team which, he alleged, is giving preferential treatment to rookie teammate Lewis Hamilton.

"Since the beginning I did not feel at all comfortable," he told Spanish radio Cadena Ser.

"I am with an English teammate, at an English team, which is brilliant. We know that all of the help goes his way. I've understood that from the first moment and I'm not complaining about it," said the 25-year-old.

Alonso switched to McLaren from Renault after winning a second successive world title last season.

Hamilton, 22, claimed his first Formula One victory on Sunday at the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal while Alonso, who started from second behind the Briton, struggled to compete and wound up seventh.

The Spaniard, who is now in second place in the F1 world championship, eight points behind leader Hamilton, said he is unfazed by the severe criticism he got in British newspapers following his weekend performance.

"We know how they are and thank God the Spanish press has more respect," he said.

"I have to concentrate on going faster, not just than against my teammate but against all pilots," he added.

He also seemed to suggest that the British media were fickle and had over-reacted to Hamilton's success.

"I'm totally indifferent to that. Those are the same journalists and newspapers that, if the safety car had come out on lap 23 instead of lap 24 when Hamilton didn't have enough fuel for another lap, would not have been able to say anything.

"The Spanish press has more respect than the British press."

*oh snap

i've been saying it for over a year now, super aguri is the sh1t. supper coo in japanese. and sato has done the right thing. he's shown over a few years that if you fvk with him he will t-bone you off the track. so now people give him a wide berth which means he's going straight to the top.

I still can't believe RBR didn't pit webber under safety car and they fking insane? he would have been looking good for 3rd or 4th. retards.

1: lol @ T-bone! Taku takes 'drift battle' and 'time attack' into the F1 World! Watch out Europe!

2: Yeah, I like Webber to aye, I'd like to see him do a little better... Either it is the car, or the team.... Poor Mark... He tries so hard...

I just love how Super Aguri are pissing all over Honda, and likewise Williams over Toyota... Classic stuff...

hamilton doesn't do it for me at all. yes he is very fast. yes he is no doubt the most promising young driver in F1, but i don't know what it is, but i just don't care....

I agree, I see him as some arrogant little upstart that I can't stand watching or listening too... At least Schumi won a few championships before being up-himself.... Earn ya stripes Hamilton! I much prefer Kubica.... Much more humble, yet very very quick....

he was murdering beavers... :(

F1 live reckons it was a groundhog... :laughing-smiley-014: :):yes:

True tho, I heard he had a good chance at third before hitting the poor little sod... :)

As much as I am a Ferrari nut, I love to see little 'backmarker' teams suprise from time to time.... Much like Webber at Melbourne in 2004! I used to love Arrows before they folded as well... ;)

Oh I almost forgot. Congrats to David Coulthard for the funniest radio transmission ever:

PIT: "David, how is the car"

DAVID: "Terrible, it doesn't turn, it doesn't stop, no traction.............but apart from that it's brilliant, I'm having a great time"

AAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Mangy Cours - 2000.

PIT: "David, on your monitors... You've got your hands out of the cockpit..... What is wrong?"

DC: "Aahhhhh not much mate, just giving Michael the bird.... I'll pass him in the next lap or two chaps, just make sure there's a pint waiting for me at he end of the race. I'm FTW!"

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

Sato is an overtaking god.....it has crossed my mind before that a big reason why you don't see much overtaking anymore is no-one is prepared to have a go. Thankfully plenty of people seemed keen in this race. Did they all come off?? No but f**k me it was good to watch.

That Taku keyring is just beyond cool.....I want one!!!

You can just imagine Alonso's thought process. Massa behind me, no problem.

Kimi behind me, fine.

Lewis back there, sweet.

Sato behind me, HOLY FK!! SATO!!!

Fernando promptly dumps the thing in the kitty litter just out of fright.

Hey, maybe we need a Super Aguri keyring group buy???? :)

and kubica is a legend. and a pole too (like me) which makes it even better. go you good thing, just remember to keep those legs tucked up in the cockpit matey and you'll be fine.

Usually, I'm a McLaren fan, but Alonso just isn't someone I can get behind. My girlfriend dropped into the loungeroom during the final stages of the race (I'm in London, so it started at 6pm, not 4am) and I tried to illustrate to her how great it is that Sato, a driver from a team that's not on the top tier is going to have a crack at the reigning world champion, then when he pulled the move, I was actually ceering at the TV.

She remained positive, but largely unimpressed.

On Alonso though, he's stated that Hamilton is getting all the support and stuff.

So what?

Hamilton is a rookie, he should need the extra support.

I actually like watching him race, but I am looking forward to seeing a bit more of a dogfight from him soon. Something "come from behind" It's great for him to lead from start to finish, but the best drivers always have those wins or acheivements that they just pull out of their hat. It'll be a season or two until we know how good he is, but he's got promise.

Maybe it's just because I'm in London. All the press here is raving about Hamilton, with interviews from racing notables on how great he is, talks about how his dad took 3 jobs to pay for his kart racing. He's coming across as an easy going kind of kid who's doing great things.

Of course, as soon as he shows one instance of something dodgy, the tabloids will be all over it. I expect there'll be some story about a torrid romance with a celebrity in the coming months.

Still, he looks like he belongs in F1, so far at least.

I made the Senna/Prost comparo earlier in this thread and got shot down hahaha (not that I meant it)

Certainly a strong combination though....if Alonso stops whining and acts like a dual world champion

and kubica is a legend. and a pole too (like me) which makes it even better. go you good thing, just remember to keep those legs tucked up in the cockpit matey and you'll be fine.

Yeah I dunno aye, I'm a big Ferrari fan, but I think I loved Schumi and muched as I loved Ferrari... I need a new driver to follow, and neither Massa nor Kimi do it for me.... I might have to start going for Kubica... I do like him, Hungary last year won me over... I don't like Hamilton, I think Alonso is a wanker/prick and Schumacher is retired.... It was the greatest injustice for Schumi's engine to blow in Japan... :)

well if you guys are nice to me I'll buy a shitload of SA merchandise next time i'm at something motorsporty in japan.

Beer Baron how about some Alonso special edition undies?

Logo: You have a Super Aguri on your arse??

Crash-umo Sato baby! Should've gotten the Super Aguri stuff while I was at the GP this year.

Good to see some of the customer cars doing well. Toyota and Honda with all that money and still no result. Shows money can't buy a win in F1.