SAU Community

2007 F1 Season

wolverine

would you believe Klien?

Red bull have an option on SB. he will have one of the seats. They have SV on the books and hes free from BMW after this year.

They have Klien itching to get back in a race seat but hes got Honda ties and if he were to go racing seeing as Glutton and Barrys chello on the books for next year a farm out is on the cards if STR stump up enough cash. He will take speeds seat for the remainder of the season..I can see them doing it too, even if its just for Kliens experience, speed and technical input. he can improve the car in ways speed never can. Karthekayen is another option but unlikely.

Edited by m3gtr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My recording stoped with 14 laps to go :P sounds like I missed some of the best action.

didnt i give you the link to a site where youll never miss a race again??

if not, Pm me for details..

sav_man search youtube their is a clip of the last 8 laps (my recording stopped with 8 laps to go).

As for the race, well the first 3 laps were fantastic but I couldn't believe what happened with the race red flagged. I don't agree with Hamilton being allowed to continue after being assisted by a tractor (even though his engine was kept running) if he got out and pushed his own car back to the track surface then fine go for it but to be assisted out of the sand by a tractor is just totally wrong. I also don't agree with him being allowed to overtake whilst under a safety car.

Nothing against Hamilton I think he has a very bright future, I just don't agree with those 2 rules.

Kimi was unlucky to finish with a mechanical failure however he was even luckier to be where he was when it did happen, if the race wasn't red flagged he would have been another Hamilton scenario.

I'm quite surprised that Webber ended 3rd, I didn't think his car would last, I thought he would spin in the rain and I also thought that DC would get past him. It is great that he got a podium finish, anywhere in the points in any race is an achievement for RBR.

Edited by benm

I was only telling a friend the other week that i would liek to place a lazy $50 on Klein ending back with Red Bull in STR. Does anyone know how diplomatic the parting was. It was a tough lose to DC, as he had been quicker for most of 2006, the silly Monaco failure cost him dearly. But he has the experience of being with Jaguar, RBR, Honda...so he is getting a good range of experience and back when he was being farked aroung with Luizzi at RBR, he always looked the better option.

So, Klein and SB for 2008

Massa also displayed great pace. I hate to compare, but he seems to have a little bit of Senna about him. He does not have the wet weather skills, or the 'magic' (yet) but he does have the hunger and the agression, which will serve him well.

Sorry but that is the worst thing I have ever read haha Apart from them both being Brazilian......No doubt Massa is very quick IF he is leading the pack on a dry warm track. He has shown he is utterly useless at every other point. However the mysterious Schumacher jinx continues!!! Every race he has attended Kimi has been nowhere and Massa has done well.....spooky.

yeah liuzzi flying backwards over the ripple strip was pretty hairy. the safety car did well to avoid that one! I don't think I've ever seen an F1 car collect a safety car before. and hamilton was VERY lucky not to have his big mac cleaned up by albers when he came steaming into the gravel.

Nick Hiedfeld I believe it was collected one of the medical cars in ......2002 perhaps??? Was an alarming incident. That first corner was crazy. However its not surprising they all went off. There would have been absolutely zero grip.

You know what. Watching Alonso last night...he is brilliant. I do feel for Massa though. He ran well and then the rain? Well it looks like he just didnt have the tyres/car to finish the job he had been doing all day.

But again, not a fan of Alonso, but you have to sit back and respect that he is bloody good.

Amen to that, I am not a huge Fernando fan either but he is immensely good. As soon as the rain came down I knew Massa was gone. Alonso is very very good in the rain.

back to the GP itself, i couldnt help but piss myself laughing at michael Schumachers rodeo shirt!! he presented The Ron with the trophy and looked like an absolute shocker doing it!! did anyone see that??

I noticed that!!!! Ted made the call about Schuey leaving the pitwall then he appeared wearing that shirt!!!!!!!!

This would also have to be up there for James Allen's worst call ever.......best moment I believe was at one point apparently Massa was lapping "8 seconds a lap" faster than his rivals. Quite impressive.

To sum up, Kimi would have won if not for unreliability again!! Lewis was very impressive but made some mistakes. He is only human and a couple of his passes on Fisichella were fabulous. A great race!!!!

Good race for Webber...

In the interview Massa complained that he had vibration in his last set of tires... I don't know whether this is true though, but he has to learn to drive on a wet track if he is gonna get anywhere in his career... It is a shame that Ferrari is no longer the car to beat in the wet, I used to get sooo excited when the rain would come down... Ferrari just seemed to work very very well in wet conditions... Since 2005 this has generally not been the case...

the fights:

yes monty would kick jacques arse. jacques has gone soft and would probably soil his baggy race suit if monty smacked him.

DC would definitely fight harder than webber, but mark is pretty fit and pretty sharp so it'd be close. I'd say DC could fight dirty though so it could tip things in his favour.

alonso v massa is a waste. wouldn't buy that on pay per view. if I'm watching a girl fight I want actual girls doing the fighting because as kramer says there's a chance they might kiss.

kimi and lewis is a tough one to call. kimi's hard drinking lifestyle may mean he like a bit of biff, but lewis is a fitness machine. tough to call.

as for MS v RS I would have to go with big brother. he's been kicking ralphs arse all of ralph's life, I don't see it changing now.

ive got the ITV broadcast coming in at full speed!!

screw listening to mr head up his ass bill woods..

and that even more so head up his ass former champ jones.

he knows squat about contemporary F1..

what is it anyway about pairing a freaking noob who doesnt know shit from clay with someone who might know what theyre talking about anyways..

boggles the mind.

kimi and lewis is a tough one to call. kimi's hard drinking lifestyle may mean he like a bit of biff, but lewis is a fitness machine. tough to call.

as for MS v RS I would have to go with big brother. he's been kicking ralphs arse all of ralph's life, I don't see it changing now.

Ms Rs was a fair call..

still ralfs gotta be pissed big bro has been pissing on him from on high all his career...

i reckon MS in 5 but ralf would land some solid hits thats fa shizzle.

what would be the ultimate matchup then??

if there was any two drivers in history youd like to see take each other on in a fisty, who would it be?

who would slug it out for F1s world heavyweight championship title fight prize.....??? :rofl::domokun::)

more importantly, who would win and why???? :D

Edited by m3gtr

Just let Mika Hakkinnen fight Raikonen

you could bill it as "Battle for the Finnish!"

:D

lol!

dont you mean , battle to the finnish??!! :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

jones isn't commentating. it's cameron mcconville and i forget the other blokes name. but they don't call the race, they just lead it in, and fill in time during breaks in ITV commentary. for the rest of it, we just get ITV.

lol, mika V kimi is a good one. But I reckon kimi would kick cry baby mika's arse. maybe driving GT cars has made him more of a man but I doubt it. expect kimi to firt dirty as he has had bar fight experience so is likely to swing a rattle gun into mika's balls, or smack him on the head with the lolipop.

jones isn't commentating. it's cameron mcconville and i forget the other blokes name. but they don't call the race, they just lead it in, and fill in time during breaks in ITV commentary. for the rest of it, we just get ITV.

lol, mika V kimi is a good one. But I reckon kimi would kick cry baby mika's arse. maybe driving GT cars has made him more of a man but I doubt it. expect kimi to firt dirty as he has had bar fight experience so is likely to swing a rattle gun into mika's balls, or smack him on the head with the lolipop.

Gees, even Don King would have trouble promoting that fight.

Boxing matches are supposed to have a pre fight press conference where the boxers trash talk each other, Mohammed Ali style.

Imagine how crap that would be with the two Finn's in residence....

On a matter completely unrelated to this thread. Nice job by Alex Wurz.