SAU Community

Are You A Water Saver?

Modena

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All water is recycled, the water that you drink and bath in has been through kings and queens, scum of the earth, chemical usage, dinosaurs and other animals, in a massive cycle.

Exactly!! We (humans) can make water, but it's highly expensive and time cosuming for a very little amount. This chunk of mud we are hurtling through space on, only has a set amount of water on it....

Grey water and tank water should be common place. I mean flushing your toilet with clean drinking water is a stupid idea.

What I'm saying is there would be a huge increase. Australia has low-level waste presently stored at 50 or so sites around Australia which is to be moved to one large site. It looks like the Gov want to move it to Central Aus after the Australian Senate has passed legislation to force a national nuclear waste dump on the Northern Territory in late 2005......oh ill-informed one :laugh:

Huge increase... compared to the crap thats coming back from OS?

You gotta be kidding! The amount we ship/take back would be far less than whats already in the agreements.

We'd need half a dozen reactors to come close.

Huge increase... compared to the crap thats coming back from OS?

You gotta be kidding! The amount we ship/take back would be far less than whats already in the agreements.

We'd need half a dozen reactors to come close.

have u guys seen the contribution elec. generators have on our greenhouse emmissions? And then wankers go on about the "safety" of the Nuc. stuff...better the devil u know? GF IMO. The future has much in store for us,

ie. car usage, power usage, water usage etc. Its all going to change as the current trends are unsustainable. People just beleive they shit the see on today 2nite..

water restrictions what a joke, I pay my taxes and use as much water as i want, i do not know anyone that even bothers to not use the toilet, or shower for less than an hour, the only way to make people use less water is to increase the price 30fold, $1 = 1 litre, its the only way

Most parts in Europe, you drill a 100metre hole underground (some times even less) & you get clean, pure, fresh, drinkable water pouring out.. This water is so fkn clean, you don't even need any chemicals or anything artificial to make it pure.. It's x100 cleaner than the water we drink from our taps thats for sure.

Here in Aus, we don't even have that..

What Aus could do is, import New Zealand water.. I'm sure New Zealand is more of a tropical area, receives plenty of rainfall. All we need is a under-sea water pipeline from New Zealand to Melbourne. Pipelines such as these are already active through out the world e.g. the sphincter of the universe exports fresh water to Israel via underground & undersea pipelines.. the sphincter of the universe also exports water to North Cyprus via undersea pipelines.

Edited by Janissary

We need to harness the tropical north of Australia.

Irrigation IS a massive waste of water at the moment, expecially in the heat that we are experiencing.

Water tanks should be mandatory on new houses and renovations, I'm currently looking into what size and type I can use at home because I don't think flushing the toilet really needs uber clean water.

I'll be running the toilets, washing my car and watering the garden with tank water.

I'll be drinking the water from the tap and showering in it. But because I'm a MAN, I don't stand under the shower for 25 minutes.

BASS OUT

We need to harness the tropical north of Australia.

Irrigation IS a massive waste of water at the moment, expecially in the heat that we are experiencing.

Water tanks should be mandatory on new houses and renovations, I'm currently looking into what size and type I can use at home because I don't think flushing the toilet really needs uber clean water.

I'll be running the toilets, washing my car and watering the garden with tank water.

I'll be drinking the water from the tap and showering in it. But because I'm a MAN, I don't stand under the shower for 25 minutes.

BASS OUT

water tanks are Water tanks are already mandatory for new dwellings and most renovations...............

Find it funny how government pushing for water tanks now. What use is a water tank if there is no rain to collect :(

and thats why due to the lack of rain, they are going to tax us on rain water......

http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/sto...772-661,00.html

whats next....taxing us because we have to take a shit? :no:

Edited by emsta2003

I'm surprised Bracks isn't behind wanting to tax tank water, but since the corrupt wanker can't take the money directly then it just HAS to be a bad idea.

The fundamental issue for me is just how much rain water is wasted by the state governments. Built up areas create massive runoff due to non-porous surfaces like roofs and roads/carparks. All that water generally goes straight down the drain and into the rivers and oceans when it could quite simply be collected and pumped to treatment areas.

Perth saw the problems coming 5-10 years ago and have a de-salination plant so water is not yet an issue. Every other capital is clamping down on water usage but have not yet started to build waste recycling and de-salination plants. Typical Labour governments. Can't find a way to increase revenue so they ignore it.

they charge u for the water u use, so charging u for water u get for free is criminal.

its an **ACT OF GOD** that the rain falls on ur roof. im surprised they dont tax u for the amount of rainfall we get that keeps our gardens pretty most of the year round.

de-salination plants should b a government inititive for this countries further survival. droughts like this are going to become more frequent and i have a feeling this one will b here for a yr or 2 still

** i dont believe in god at all **