SAU Community

You Know You Drive A Skyline When .. ... .

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you recognise the shape of commodore and falcon headlights in your rear view mirror then get paranoid it might be a cop

When you've come out of some twisty roads and say to yourself, I wish I had better tyres

When you turn into a side street after you took off a little quick and you didn't notice the cop car pass you, then watch your rear view mirror and see them hit the brakes and indicate to u-turn

When you have a black carbon patch on your rear bar from your exhaust after you've taken it out for a bit of fun

When your the only person on the freeway late night/early morning and you get the thought of smashing the accelerator but then thinking, ahh I'd better not.

Lol, I'm already paranoid about unmarked cars, I'm a model driver whenever there's a late-model Aussie-built sedan behind me, and I don't even have my R32 yet. I know there are other unmarked cop cars, but in my experience they're usually the latest model Aussie-built sedan, eg FG Falcons or VE Commodores. The police buy their cars in fleets like every other government organisation.

When you leave 5 minutes early just to do a check over of your skyline and allow her to warm up.

When you fly to Sydney with only seeing photos of the car and details of what the owner has told you and your at his place all of 5 minutes before driving the car back to Brisbane lol

When you hear an exaust and look around to find out what sort of car it is only to find a lancer, etc next to you and think to yourself, dam thought i might have had some competition

"You know you drive a Skyline when you read this thread and laugh cause 99% of the posts you can relate to."

Loved this one lol so true

When you park it somewhere and turn your head and admire numerous times whilst walking away from it

When you plan on spending your remaining money on the best possible mod for that money

When you have a savings account with no savings in it

When you smile everytime your boost gauge goes above 0

When you leave the shops and start powerwalking back to your car

When your counting down the days that your car gets out of impound (1 week 4 days :P)

When you get speeding fines in the mail

When people think you speak another language when your talking about cars

Edited by HecticGTR

• 3 weeks later...

can relate to pretty much everything in this thread,

you know you drive a skyline when your 3 year old son can tell his kindergarden teacher that his dad is coming to pick him up when your 2 blocks away,

you know you drive a skyline when you get pulled over and the cop says f**k theirs 2 kids in car seats in the back,

you know you drive a skyline when old people admire your car and ask you what it is,

you know you drive a skyline when you go for a ride in a new $74.000 2010 Ford GT-P and wait for the 315kw to kick in but never does, had to say "yeah goes good" didn't want to hurt his feelings and tell him my rb20det pull's harder,

GT-P :O great 1.8 ton family car though, because thats what it's based on

But i've used my R32 gts-t as a family car for almost 4 year's and would choose it over a ford or holden anyday, luckily my wife didn't make me sell it like so many poor soul's you see advertising their liner's because their having a baby and need a family car

-when your idea of 'DINNER FOR TWO' is a long trip out to K.F.C. 6 suburbs away, go through drive through and then head down to the Maccas carpark and meet up with your mates and eat in the car.

-when you spend more time looking into on coming traffic for other imports than you do looking where you're going.

-when you drive 40 mins to your girlfriends place and as soon as you get in tell her that you gotta boost to the servo to get a drink.

-when your driving your import and you NEVER see another import on the road, and when your driving your girlfriends woowoo, you see 10,000 imports.