SAU Community

R32 - Have Your Overheat Fan Turn On With Your A/c

Cubes

On 20/10/2022 at 12:03 PM, "G" said:

I meant I want it to work with the thermoswitch as the activator. So i don't have to push any buttons.

replace the existing thermoswitch with a lower temperature one?

That fan has nothing to do with the A/C, it's an overheat fan. Constantly referred to as the A/C Fan, A/C Condenser fan, etc.. when it's actually not.

It can be dual purposed to be one (like most have).

2 minutes ago, "G" said:

I'm pretty sure it won't activate if the ac is not on. Even if the thermo switch reaches 194 degrees.

You're incorrect :) 

Please do not talk in F, it's a JDM and we are Australian. 

We don't want another Mars Climate Orbiter disaster. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

If so, someone has cocked about with your wiring.

The above diagram is from a Nissan Manual, you're telling me they decided to print the wrong information and wire it differently? 

I deleted my air con, everything under the hood. Now it won't activate at all. I want to create a stand alone circuit that activates the fan at 194d. 

36 minutes ago, "G" said:

Nope, it won't activate alone. 

Just now, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

it has nothing to do with the A/C, the overheat fan is on its own circuit.

Then as Dose Pipe said your wiring has been stuffed with unless your ECU is not factory, as the fan has its own individual relay.

On the factory ECU the fan relay pin is always grounded, so if you bridge / bypass the radiator thermo switch you energise the thermo fan relay turning the fan on.

I will point out that the relay activation ECU pin is not constantly grounded on full stand alone ECUs like Haltech, Link etc. as they rely on the logic parameters to ground the input. In the case of a Power fc D-jetro map sensor vesion this pin is completely made redundant so the fan will never turn on.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Actually the above diagram is from MSPaint. I took the snip from the original diagram from the manual, pulled out the ECU connections and made it generic for an arbitrary fused power supply, relay, thermoswitch and main load.

I don't see your diagram. 

3 minutes ago, "G" said:

I deleted my air con, everything under the hood. Now it won't activate at all. I want to create a stand alone circuit that activates the fan at 194d. 

Manual states 90c +/- 3c just so we are not talking Fahrenheit rubbish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BK said:

Then as Dose Pipe said your wiring has been stuffed with unless your ECU is not factory, as the fan has its own individual relay.

On the factory ECU the fan relay pin is always grounded, so if you bridge / bypass the radiator thermo switch you energise the thermo fan relay turning the fan on.

I will point out that the relay activation ECU pin is not constantly grounded on full stand alone ECUs like Haltech, Link etc. as they rely on the logic parameters to ground the input. In the case of a Power fc D-jetro map sensor vesion this pin is completely made redundant so the fan will never turn on.

mines ecu.