Davis Craig electric water pump

Oil Cooler

3 pass desert cooler radiator

Are Intercooler

Cold air intake

Pre turbo Water injection

Pre Plenum Water injection

Jon

Gary - what fuel filter is available that wont restrict the new fuel lines that Im about to install ? As most seem to be smaller than the 9 mm fuel hose ?

Cheers

Mitsubishi V6 Magna, uses the same size dash fittings as the Bosch 044.

;) cheers :O

I updated my piston list from P221

Added a new p/n for a flat top piston from Arias and added compression ratios for the Arias pistons. Two are quite high for a turbo engine!

CP

All compression ratios are based on zero deck height, 1.2mm head gasket (7.13cc), RB25 @ 62.5cc, RB26 @ 64.5cc. They assure me they have done alot of work to make sure the facts are correct.

p/n= CP-RB30/26-.20

Flat top with no valve pockets

8.2:1 COMPRESSION RATIO with RB25 head and bit less with RB26 head

21mm pin

1.280" compression height

Only stocked in 0.20 thou oversize but can be custom ordered in any size.

p/n= CP-RB30/26-.20-9.0

6.0cc dome top,

9.0:1 COMPRESSION RATIO with RB25 head and bit less with RB26 head

21mm pin

Only stocked in 0.20 thou oversize but can be custom ordered in any size.

*Care must be taken when using on RB26 with more than 11.5mm valve lift*

ARIAS

Suit RB30/26

p/n= AP332103

flat top

21mm pin

Only stocked in 0.20 thou oversize (86.5mm).

COMPRESSION RATIO 8.4-8.6

Suit RB30/26

p/n= AP332104

10.6cc dome top

21mm pin

COMPRESSION RATIO 9.2-9.4

Suit RB30/25

p/n= AP332105

13cc dome top

21mm pin

COMPRESSION RATIO 9.5-9.8

WISECO

Skyline RB30 w/ DOHC RB25det cylinder head

1.260" compresion height, 66.5cc head chamber, Dish top -11.3cc, 7.0:1 compression ratio, 21mm pin, 1mm gasket thickness, 1mm deck clearance.

K577M865 86.5mm

K577M87 87.00mm

ACL

6MKRY9608 (VL turbo)

87mm, -4.5cc dished top, 1.261" compression height, 21mm pin,

Standard RB30ET pistons are 7.8:1, with RB25 head it is 7.1:1

These are bumped up to 8.5:1 so with the RB25 head it may give about 7.5:1??

Using http://www.csgnetwork.com/compcalc.html I came up with 8.5 for VLT (spot on) and 7.6 with twin cam head with 64cc chamber.

I entered: 2, 87, 85, 87, 1.2, 64cc, -4.5cc = 7.6:1

BUT these have a lower compression height than the CP/Arias and im sure it stuffs up my calculations but its late and im too tired to look at it any more... :(

anyone know ROUGHLY what comp ration i would expect with arais rb30 non-turbo pistons ( p/n AP340754 ) using the r33 rb25 head and rb30e bottom (block and head faced once), with 1.5mm head gasket. ive used comp calculaters but im sure im doin something wrong and it gives me wrong figures. any help would be greatly appreciated. im not sure how low/high piston sits but if we could go with zero clearance then i can make a better guess from there once its assembled.

also is there an accurate way of getting comp ratios once your engines up and running??

I rang Rocket Industries and they couldn't tell me much except they have a 5cc dome. Last sold a set in 2005 and would have to be special ordered.

The guy told me they were n/a pistons and wont work in a turbo.....but he said he doesn't know anything about RB30's (obviously) I told him you need to use a n/a type piston with the twin cam heads.

These 5cc dome pistons are in the middle of the flat top (8.5) and 10.6cc dome (9.3) other pistons and could possibly give 8.9 compression.

I rang Rocket Industries and they couldn't tell me much except they have a 5cc dome. Last sold a set in 2005 and would have to be special ordered.

The guy told me they were n/a pistons and wont work in a turbo.....but he said he doesn't know anything about RB30's (obviously) I told him you need to use a n/a type piston with the twin cam heads.

These 5cc dome pistons are in the middle of the flat top (8.5) and 10.6cc dome (9.3) other pistons and could possibly give 8.9 compression.

I put all the figures in the c/r calculator and it said 8.5:1

You cant work it out when the engine is assembled.

i think these 2 posts were in response to my questions??

if they are and your accurate then your a legend, coz a cr of about 8.5:1 is ok for my daily ~320rwkw

what do you guys think about using these n.a pistons forged pistons?? shouldnt be any problems?? what can i do to reduce and potential dramas?

your estimate of 8.5:1 was with zero deck clearance yee? so all i would need to do when assembling is check the clearance and deck/face accordingly??

thanx you been much assistance

easier said then done!

last tuner i went to blew my engine, the whole reason why im now doing the 30.

i believed him when he said it wasnt his fault (coz he was reputable) but when i

pulled the head off there was mass detonation on 5 pistons, and number 2 was dry

a nuns c**t and had a big hole in the side next to the ring lands

so ye tuning is scary.

does anyone have answers to my other questions??

I finally got my engine going and tuned yesterday, made 382rwkw on only 17.5psi boost. Had issues with boost control, if i tried to boost it over 17 psi it would just go crazy and make 25+psi, tried a few different ways using top and bottom port on the wastegate, but had same problem each way. Im currently running a 10psi spring, i will try the 15psi spring i have.

Any one know if using a 10 psi spring to try and run 20psi via and EBC can cause this??

post-11223-1174196522.jpgpost-11223-1174196588.jpg

Hi Andrew

Great effort :huh:

Whats your setup again ?

What wategate are you using?

I finally got my engine going and tuned yesterday, made 382rwkw on only 17.5psi boost. Had issues with boost control, if i tried to boost it over 17 psi it would just go crazy and make 25+psi, tried a few different ways using top and bottom port on the wastegate, but had same problem each way. Im currently running a 10psi spring, i will try the 15psi spring i have.

Any one know if using a 10 psi spring to try and run 20psi via and EBC can cause this??

nice work andrew, she'd be an animal and on such low boost.

yes please....im very interested in your setup also. Please share every detail.

Great power on such low boost. Top job mate.

I love how the whole hotside is covered in that heat shield.....

Turbo is GT35/40 .82 rear, mounted on custom manifold i made, cams are 260deg.

I suspect the gate may be even too small, will try with the 15psi spring first.

post-11223-1174275955.jpgpost-11223-1174275352.jpg

I always try not to pick on peoples own creations, but I am sure that you are going to have ongoing problems with controlling boost with that exhaust manifold. The problem is the wastegate take off pipe/pipes is/are only relieving back pressure from 2 cylinders. The other 4 cylinders are hitting the turbine at an undiminished rate.

You really need to make the collector longer, so that the merged gases (all of them) have the chance to “escape” via the wastegate. Take cylinders #2 & #5 for example, there is simply no way that exhaust gas (pressure) can get from them and then out the wastegate pipe/pipes.

The merge collector (collectors if you are full split pulse) need to be at least 100 mm deep. Compared to around 20mm looking at the photos. Plus I would run the separate (2) wastegate pipes for at least 100 mm before merging them. Compared to around 15 mm looking at the photos.

:pirate: cheers :ninja:

Gary- The design is a fair compromise for room to make fit as i wanted to low mount the GT35. I wasnt too sure how well the wastegate pipes would work (again clearance limited) but it will run as low as 14-15psi boost. Im using a Blitz dual SBC to boost up to 17psi via the bottom port only, when i try and increase the boost more than this via the conrtller i get problems with unstable boost.

Im only running a 11psi spring in the gate, would this be the problem?? I have a 15psi spring to try.

hey all. got a question for all you out there. My oil feed restrictors arrived today from japan and the instructions were in japanese but they had pictured instructions as well so that helped. Thing is tho, where it tells me to install the restrictors on my block i got from the wreckers there are already fittings there that look identical. I dont understand how this is possible. Has anyone else come across this in the past? Should i trust the fittings already there?