SAU Community

What's Your Fuel Economy Like?

slimjim

Hey guys, I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of economy all our cars are getting!

Next time you fill up at the pump, reset your "trip-o-meter" and then when you fill the tank up after that (all the way to the top) note how many K's you've done, and how many litres you just bought! The best way to compare between cars is litres per 100 kilometres, so to find out yours use this site - Metric Fuel Consumption Calculator

So for example, I traveled 159k's and used 28L of fuel, therefore my car's guzzling away at 17.61L/100k's eek! :)

haha well atm i used half a tank for 60kms lol (just been rebuilt with lots off goodies dropped it off for a tune today lol)
:)

Mine's about 18.26L/ 100km's. The idling in traffic & start up with the 740cc injectors is what kills me :) :)

52litres - 466km's

~11.1L/100

ZERO warm up time. Just jump in start the car put seatbelt on and drive off normally. Idling around kills fuel consumption.

ZERO peak hour traffic, just local short low speed <80km/h trips.

Hmm... I'm a bit of an Excel junky. So I have a done some work on this. LOL

My averages over the past two months are:

14.12 - L/100Km

7.10 - Km/L

461.19 - Max Range (at current Km/L)

5.84 - Km/$

0.17 - Cents/Km

Also I average 234.92Km between fuel up's (once a week normaly)

and fill tank with an average of 31.90L.

The average cost of BP Ultamate 98 over the past two months has been $1.22per/L

:) LMAO!!

Edited by CleanGTS-t

I've got 3 reading's for ya

Open Road (country Drive) = 10.5L/100kms

City (grampaing) = 13.1L/100kms

City (thrashing) = 18.97L/100kms

all run on BP Ultimate, was heap's surprising cause I think it's runnin a bit rich too...

I get between 5.46 and 6.7km/L .... most I have ever had out of a tank is 400km - my orange light comes on at around 280km most of the time :D

I am going to change the O2 sensor shortly as well as some other mods - hopefully will improve the economy

I get between 5.46 and 6.7km/L .... most I have ever had out of a tank is 400km - my orange light comes on at around 280km most of the time :laugh:

I am going to change the O2 sensor shortly as well as some other mods - hopefully will improve the economy

Surprised you haven't changed the O2 by now Andrew. With the economy you're getting you'll save a fortune if you change the sensor, should pay for itself in a matter of weeks.

I normally check mine each time I fill up. I do between 300 - 400km a week usually. My driving is normally all suburban with lots of hard launches & acceleration (I just cant help myself :D). For that kind of driving I normally average between 11.7 to 12.2 Litres/100Km, 12.2 being if I've been using the airconditioning most if the time.

If I start doing any major highway/country stuff I can get it into the 10's easy & have seen 9's

Before doing my O2 sensor my economy had crept up to about 15 Litres/100km..

Edited by JazzaR33

If you want fuel ecconomy buy a bike, if you want a performance car dont worry about fuel ecconomy. The more power you make the more fuel you need.

I have never worked my ecconomy out, but I know its not that good (but I dont care). Just because a Skyline offers great performance at a budget price (we they do now, but not so much when I bought mine) will not make them an ecconomical car. If you can't afford the fuel (and tyres and maintenance) to drive it, dont buy any performance vehicle.

/end Rant LOL

:laugh:

I sold my old VS 5ltr 5speed because it used too much juice, I bought a turbo'd skyline so I could limp it around off boost the majority of the time and be decent on petrol. When I want to give it a hit I do and it uses the juice.

I remember when new from factory the R32 GTST's were supposed to return 10.5L/100km's and the R33's 10L/100km's. Obviously thats when they were new, on jap fuel and driving it lightly.

As long as mine continues to return over 400km's per 50litres I care less.

A mate runs 800cc sard twin sprays making 270rwkw with his rb30det and that still returns over 400km's to a tank so there's no reason why some should see less in my eyes.. Obviously if he gets stuck up it for long periods of time (which is near impossible not to mention damn dangerous with 270rwkw) it will suck the juice.

Thats my story/rant. LOL :P

r31 - rb20det, on a really empty fill i get nearly 50L in........for a 55L tank i dont let it go taht far (usually max 45L is an empty fill for me)

when it was auto id get 300km to a tank........mainly cos it would hang in 3rd at 60 and not go into overdrive

since manual, ive been gettin 400-450km per tank..........usually gets a good floggin on a weekend

Hi Guys,

I've been monitoring my economy for the past 18 months. Since my last tune in September 2006, I average 14.4L/100km. My best recorded was 13.3 and worst 15.7 to date.

This is ALL city driving.

I wouldn't expect much better than maybe 12.5 on a country run as the Microtech LT12 doesn't have closed loop and doesn't utilise the O2 sensor any more. With the Microtech, economy has to be tuned on the dyno.

It's much better now as prior to this tune, my worst was 18.8 and that was the fuel prices were through the roof!

Cheers, Mike

i get a bit over 350km and normally fill up 50-55lts

i figure that leaves 10-15lts in my tank

last week i think i got 400km ive been takin it real easy of late due to comming close to a clutch change