SAU Community

Wants Some Legal Advice

AlphA

Is it legal to have 15 video cameras installed in your shop and record your employees 24/7 ?

Plus stream that video signal over the internet to your home and watch them on your home TV / Computer monitor ?

Then when you not sure what they are doing call them up and ask them what they are doing and why a customer left the shop without an item.

Just wondering..

Seems my mate who has taken over this shop is getting a bit power hungry and fellow employees are starting to question if he can question there every move and invade privacy like this.

I'm questioning this privately if you know anyone that actually knows the law in regards to this I would appreciate some advice.

Cheers.

I don't know the legality of it, so I won't say I will.

My work has cameras all over the place and the General Manager can watch these from home. However this is in our employee agreement that everyone signed before starting employment there. There is no audio though.

This white paper may answer some of your questions (I hope)

http://www.buseco.monash.edu.au/gsb/mbr/as...one/privacy.pdf

You will also want to read a copy of the Surveillances devices Act 1998 (WA) found here

http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/statutes/swans.ns...nForm&Seq=1

Good luck with your research.

they run internet report usage in our office too, and send us usage reports to us once a month, not of our individual usage, but unsolicited emails, images blocked by RGL's mail security, if net usage is too high it gets monitored further to see if it's work related, etc...

15 cameras is a lot aint it Adam?

It is - my dad has it in his workshops. He can even view them on his home computer - which he quite often does on saturdays .... caught employees sitting on reception doing their resumes and all.

It is - my dad has it in his workshops. He can even view them on his home computer - which he quite often does on saturdays .... caught employees sitting on reception doing their resumes and all.

Doing resumes? they are going somewhere they can not be watched all day?

my dad really looks after his employees - in fact he just bought one of them a brand new XR6 .... becuase they've always done the right thing by the company. But unfortunately there's a helluva a lot that dont do the right thing by him - with a workshop environment there's a lot of scumbags - who steal tools, punch each other up and do anything and everything other than work. So that's the reason for CCTV.

Besides if you are doing the right thing ....... you would have nothing to hide anyway and cameras wouldnt bother you.

Besides if you are doing the right thing ....... you would have nothing to hide anyway and cameras wouldnt bother you.

That sounds like fascisim to me :happy:

Yer i get your point though in that kind of environment it may be called for.

Haha..

Its colour but has no audio.

The guys at work do work hard so I'm not bothered..

Just one of them asked if its legal for him 2 do this.

newbie101: Will check those links out! Cheers.

PS: Dan not letting you spy on me.

Haha..

Its colour but has no audio.

The guys at work do work hard so I'm not bothered..

Just one of them asked if its legal for him 2 do this.

newbie101: Will check those links out! Cheers.

PS: Dan not letting you spy on me.

ur no fun. imagine the sexy msn convos we could have "i'm taking my shirt offf... u can see yes YES SIR!"

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• A group of friends hired the local drag strip off season, cold weather and no prep means it was super slippery but still allowed for a fun day of 1/8th mile (no ambo meant we couldn't do side by side 1/4) roll racing and Dragy runs.   The wee BMW didn't embarrass itself at all considering the 2WD group I was competing in had a couple of supercharged V8s (an LSA and a blown LS2), a 600kw M135i, a 500kw R32 GTS-t and some other spicy things - I actually ended up beating the blown LS2 & 600kw M135i heads up in roll races and faced the GTS-t in the final, losing by just over a carlength which is far more than I was counting on with a very mildly tinkered with M135i.   For transparency sake this was EVERYTHING to do with being a fairly short distance on a shit track and having something without any lag and a brilliant gearbox, on a prepped track or a full 1/4 I'd have been destroyed. I did do a single sneaky full (well actually turns out I hit the brakes 10 or so metres early) 1/4 mile Dragy run and hit 12.88 @ 109mph on the brakes which is precariously close to my PB in my old GT30R GTS25t that ran 12.6 @ 111mph on Hoosiers  Pretty damn stoked with that considering I had a single attempt, and despite seeming well suited to the conditions vs the higher power cars and the time slip not looking THAT bad I still was having to work hard to not just do a rolling burnout <100kph and doesn't really show it's best at all.  I am pretty sure it would happily match the old R33 with a full run on a better surface
    • Thanks! Shame you got rid of yours. Guys are getting insane power out of them with the newer turbos these days instead of the venerable K04. Just jumped on Carsales and realised that my old Flog is considered low mileage due to it being parked up for close to a decade.
    • I love this. I still have a special place in my heart for Mk4's. 
    • Yep, don't play much so I'd possibly catch it in the weekend.