SAU Community

Fastest Skyline Stock

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it was new...

Yeah, just like my car did 0-100km/h in 6.5seconds when new.... It still did 14years later when i bought it, stock....!

And I assumed that the question was assuming the cars were as new, otherwise the comparison is very hard, but realistically, a well looked after/maintained R32 GTR should still do the factory acceleration times.

Edited by r32line

i have to lol at the 33 GTST owner telling us 33 GTST is faster than the 34... sorry but it's just not true. 34 GTT is definately faster in a straight line, and elsewhere too. :(

I disagree with you on that one. What's a few kw difference? You're talking 20 kw. The r34 weighs 50kg more. 50kg on a circuit is slower than a few extra kw here and there.

Who cares though? Take each of them to a track and see what order it is.

It would go r32, 33, 34.

Hell a r34 GT-t has a stiffer chassis than any r33 gtr.

And i prefered my R34 GT-t over a 32 gtr.

But now my 750cc motorcycle does 0 - 100 in 2.8 seconds so what skyline can beat that?

I disagree with you on that one. What's a few kw difference? You're talking 20 kw. The r34 weighs 50kg more. 50kg on a circuit is slower than a few extra kw here and there.

You are forgetting that it's not just about outright power... it's about many other things. The R34GTT has vast developments in the engine (hence being badged the NEO), the turbine system (bigger than R33), the suspension, the brakes etc etc. Even the HICAS system in the R34GTT is vastly different to that on the R33GTST.

I think if you compare the facts; the power difference is noticeable but more so the torque. The NEO's VVT system is much more developed than that on the R33GTST I'm afraid.

I think the specs show that the R32 GTR was the quickest 0-100 and in a straight line. But since when are skylines drag cars??

They are gran touring cars designed for the track therefore if you really want to compare which care is quicker - look at track times.

You will see that Nissan has more brains then to put out a newer model car, which costs more money but is slower than its predecessor.

So if you want to know which car is the quickest in standard form, I would go with the latest models of each...

We are however forgetting the V35 -- no one has mentioned that.

People are not understanding, this is not an opinion, its about facts...which car is quicker...

The R32 GTR when sold did 0-100km/h in 4.7seconds and 1/4 mile in 13.0seconds!

That is quicker than an R33 GTR and an R34 GTR.... DISCUSSION OVER!!!

And dont start talking about N1's etc etc because we are just comparing the base GTR's and 32 is fastest, GAME OVER!

Its not all about straight line. Unless you're american.

with the GTS (non turbos) its between the R33 and R34 as they are 2.5L while the R32 which is only 2.0, but knowing the R34 probably has better technology it would be fastest in straight line

with the GTR's ive been hearing everyone say its the R32, but again the R34 would have the better tecnology.

0-100 1/4

R32 GTSt 6.5 14.8

R32 GTR 4.7 12.9

R33 GTSt 6.18 14.4

R33 GTR 5 13.1

R34 GTt 6.2 14.3

R34 GTR 4.9 12.9

+1

r32 GTR is the ledgend and an amazing achievment for a 1989 model car even by todays standards.

of course we all know the r34 is a better car overall, its just that it doesnt do anything the r32 already did 10 years earlier

/runs outside to hug r32 GTR

Imo, the r34 gtr is the fastest

and the r33 gtst is the fastest. the r34 gtt offers negligible power gains over the r33 gtst, yet it adds on about 50 kg.

this just shows that u have no f**king clue what so ever the impruved power and aerodynamics of the 34 make it far supirior then a 33 especialy the neo factor vvti u should go drive a 34 then sit in a 33 and see the difference

Its not concrete evidence but none of the other evidence in this thread is either but Best motoring compared stock examples of R32/33/34 against evo8 and sti9 and the track ranking was R34-STI-EVO-R33-R32. R32 got hammered big time on the track.

People are not understanding, this is not an opinion, its about facts...which car is quicker...

The R32 GTR when sold did 0-100km/h in 4.7seconds and 1/4 mile in 13.0seconds!

That is quicker than an R33 GTR and an R34 GTR.... DISCUSSION OVER!!!

And dont start talking about N1's etc etc because we are just comparing the base GTR's and 32 is fastest, GAME OVER!

This is correct,r32 GTR is the fastest over the 1/4 and 0-100.

There is no opinion,it is fact.

Also when you start on down the mod rd a r34 gtr will need more out put from it to match a modded r32 GTR.

It does not matter that the r34 has more advanced steering/suspension/braking systems from factory.

Once you start to heavily modify a GTR you will upgrade the suspension , brakes etc etc,so a heavily Modded R32 will have all its handling amd braking taken care of.

Bank on at least extracting an extra 50kws from the same 2.6 engine for a r34 gtr to even to match a r32 neck to neck.That means more stress on the engine plus a far bigger budget.

To make it simple for you.

A 400kw atw r32 vs a 400kw atw r34 ,the r32 will be the faster car based on the drivers having the exact same skill leval.

Said r34 would need more power to compete.Dragging that extra lard around has its price you know :glare:

Its not concrete evidence but none of the other evidence in this thread is either but Best motoring compared stock examples of R32/33/34 against evo8 and sti9 and the track ranking was R34-STI-EVO-R33-R32. R32 got hammered big time on the track.

Track times bring in countless variables, the particular cars condition, the drivers skill, the tyres each car has and it goes on and on.

What is fact is that the R32 GTR when new did 0-100km/h in 4.7 seconds and 0-400m in 13.0 seconds... Neither the R33 or R34 GTR can match that time!

AND if you read the original post #1 in this thread it assumes the cars are as new from factory (which makes sense as its a level playing field)

I would like japanese figures on which is faster only cuase A, they have enough of a market spread that there will be enough numbers to show that the 32r is faster. for one you can buy a 32 an mod it a fair bit for the price of a 34....

R32 has more potential, you can do ANYTHING with it, but it's fair to say that the R32 and R34 would be VERY close.

...R33 GTR not so much lol

I wonder if we can find a brand new R32 never driven against a R34??? gotta be someone out there that wants to prove this test for us

Track times bring in countless variables, the particular cars condition, the drivers skill, the tyres each car has and it goes on and on.

What is fact is that the R32 GTR when new did 0-100km/h in 4.7 seconds and 0-400m in 13.0 seconds... Neither the R33 or R34 GTR can match that time!

AND if you read the original post #1 in this thread it assumes the cars are as new from factory (which makes sense as its a level playing field)

Sorry but your wrong, there are best motoring videos (i hope you know what best motoring is) showing the r34 doing a 12.7 and also the r33 doing a 12.8 (or a 12.7, i will try and find the videos when i have some spare time) and both cars are completly stock.

They are lots of other best motoring videos with the r32,r33 and r34 racing together on the track, the r32 gets beaten by the r33 and r34 everytime.

As said above they are all great cars :(