SAU Community

Who Uses Oil Coolers?

Hey guys, im interested to see who uses oil coolers and what works best as i want to put one on my R34 as it will be doing some track work, seen some cheap kits but when it comes to oil flow i dont really wana risk loosing pressure or somthing alike and do damage to the motor. So what do you guys reccomend from your experiances?

it's better. the greddy kit uses a good stat, comes with everything even the right length lines, comes with a duct and their cores are very good. I've used an earls core before which are supposed to be among the best but I reckon the greddy is better.

I agree that hte jap stuff is typically better. as baron said the lines tend to be the bet length and the mounts are usually decent quality.

I have used and fitted the just jap kits and they are fairly decent, the lines are a little too long depending what vehicle but for the GTR they are resonable.

Depends what sort of budget your looking at and if you will use a second hand kit. If dealing with a second hand kit be sure to have the core properly flushed and clean the lines through before fitting it.

Just looking on Nengun and the HKS one seems to look ok, has a thermostat aswell as a filter relocater which the Greddy one doesnt have for a similar price. The HKS one says it goes infront of the radiator but i have a ARC cooler there, would the lines be long enough to move it somewhere else?

I use a cheapy JJ style one. I found it wasn't quite enough cooling but now with a JJ radiator it's plenty.

I have driven a mates R34 GTR on the track with similar power to mine, he has the biggest GReddy one and standard radiator. He has no cooling problems with that combo. You can actually see the temp dropping quite rapidly as you come down the straight and the airflow increases with your speed.

So I guess this proves there's at least two ways to skin a cat.

I've got a trust one in mine. Works great. Keeps the GTR's oil temp at around 80 degrees in city driving.

If you get one, might also be a good idea, depending on the car, to also get a kit with remote mount oil filter as well.

Makes life much easier

I also use the Trust/Greddy/Grex (just pick a bloody name), comes with big lines, and good fittings, and everything is the right length and what not. mine didn't come with a air guide :sick:

Edited by sav man

i got my bits from earls, pirtek and JJ

got the 34 row from JJ and went and got the billet filter relocator from earls and went to pirtek and got some custom braided lines with fittings for about $150.

i had leaks with the trust sandwich plate, the earls billet fitting has screw in fittings.