SAU Community

Shitty Series 1 R34 Interior Plastic Paint

Do you know who does that or where can do I that here in Perth ?

Can't help you there, but everyone in the thread has done it themselves, i'm certainly no painter but it was really quite easy to get a nice finish, have a stab at it yourself, you'll be surprised at how easy it really is.

Can't help you there, but everyone in the thread has done it themselves, i'm certainly no painter but it was really quite easy to get a nice finish, have a stab at it yourself, you'll be surprised at how easy it really is.

Haha if you're saying that it's really easy,maybe I should try to do it my own ? Where can I buy the paint or the finish ?

I don't the shiny glossy look,just like the one on this thread is fine (Goldish silver)

Thanks !

Haha if you're saying that it's really easy,maybe I should try to do it my own ? Where can I buy the paint or the finish ?

I don't the shiny glossy look,just like the one on this thread is fine (Goldish silver)

Thanks !

If you flick back through the pages of the thread you'll find all the info you need,

The paint can be had from Super cheap/repco etc...

If you don't want gloss, just don't put a clear coat on at the end, That color i used was the same as a few others, its Tungsten and comes in a pressure pack spray can from Super cheap auto

What should I look for at Supercheap ? I mean what is it called or what brand ?

I don't remember the name, it's probably in this thread somewhere, go back a few pages and have a look, other than that there are only 2 or 3 different paints in a can in supercheap, it's really up to you what you use, its not hard to find.

• 2 weeks later...

they are real easy mate, i just did mine. For console, start at gear surround, take the screw out behind the ash tray and then pull the gear surround up gently. and then you can work your way up from there.

heres some pics from mine, i used 3M Vinyl Paint - Satin Black. No gloss or primer, IMO looks too cheap when gloss is applied.

post-84154-0-48238700-1303718055_thumb.jpg

post-84154-0-91980600-1303718083_thumb.jpg

post-84154-0-36260100-1303718101_thumb.jpg

post-84154-0-72598800-1303718114_thumb.jpg

cheers mate. i dont understand why nissan didnt make the plastic black to start with. but it deff worth the time and effort. i hated looking at the old paint, every time you touch it, it would leave finger prints thats how soft it was.

• 3 months later...

Yeah Delta is right, take the sticky shit off...takes minutes with metho. The final product is only as good as the surface preparation

Also I didn't use clear coat over the Power Plus "Desert Rose" I wanted it more matt/semigloss like factory..so avoided any gloss.

Another tip, when priming use the primer sparingly as *ANY* pooling of primer will eat the plastic trim as it has massive amounts of Toluene as solvent, you'll get what looks like crazing and cracking in the surface.

Take as much time as you can, don't rush, be patient and everything will go great.

i got some crazy cracking in mine ganna hit it with s/paper and paint again should fix it?

Just make sure you give it a wash after your done sanding to ensure you remove all dust. Also, what paint are you using? Make sure you use something that can with stand the sun to avoid cracking.

• 2 weeks later...