SAU Community

Shitty Series 1 R34 Interior Plastic Paint

Looks great NZMO. In fact all of the ppl that've done this to their consoles have done a good job.

I am right in the middle of doing my centre console and window controls in Powerplus Metallic Cyan Blue...or whatever it's called. Looks great to me...Should have photos of the whole thing when I get it all back together tomorrow.

I tell you what though! It is a mission to get the CD, Aircon and Tape Deck facia pieces off! So many screws on the CD player it's nuts, but I made sure to put all the screws into the facia backing so I don't lose any. Now I know how to do this I think I'll write a guide on it so other poeple can do it. unless this has been done before.

OK, finished the CD, Aircon and Tape Deck Facia Pieces. I also re-did the Vents as that was a shitty job and I hated myself for doing it so quickly just so I could get it into the car again.

So, here's a pic of the console and one of the drivers window control surround.

Oh, and when I put the Aircon Unit back in, and hooked all the wires for everything back up, I noticed that the buttons on the aircon unit for Fan Speed (up and down), Mode, A/C, Auto, Off and Direct/Re-circulate didn't come on when I turned the headlights on. I tried tapping on the panel, and all the lights bar the ones behind the Direct/Recirulate buttons are now working, but this has never happened before. I checked the lights last night, but I think I may be in need of replacing the LEDs that are in the back of the A/C control unit.

post-40870-1241036418_thumb.jpg

post-40870-1241036433_thumb.jpg

Edited by tmg

Hi all,

I've decided to go with the Tungsten silver too but was unable to see it a Supercheap? They had about 10-15 types of silver but no tungsten? Could someone please let me know the code so I can either order it in or see if they have changed the name :P

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

its not a solid black underneath, its sort of a sparkly gray color, so you will need to spray it black and then add gloss if you want the shine, but i think a matte black would look heaps better, someone in this thread has done it gloss black i believe

its not a solid black underneath, its sort of a sparkly gray color, so you will need to spray it black and then add gloss if you want the shine, but i think a matte black would look heaps better, someone in this thread has done it gloss black i believe

i still havnt done mine yet when i take the astray and screws out and undo the gear shift i cant seem to get it off i dont know how

can someone please inform me step by step how to get it off from the

gear shift then to take out tape deck then cd then ac then the pop up screen which comes with the car

thanks..

Im pretty sure i wrote up step by step how to do this in this thread, as have a few other people, go back a few pages and have a look, if its not there, do a search for R34 interior or something similar, because i know i have explained it in detail at least 3 times in different threads.

i still havnt done mine yet when i take the astray and screws out and undo the gear shift i cant seem to get it off i dont know how

can someone please inform me step by step how to get it off from the

gear shift then to take out tape deck then cd then ac then the pop up screen which comes with the car

thanks..

ok so i know its been covered but, i have finally removed all the parts of the interior

what is the absolute best way to get this crappy paint off and what is a good paint to re paint with and how many coates recommended ?

thanks.

lol yeah, it has been covered in this thread, not trying to sound rude but its only a few pages back.

Metho and a steel wool scourer will get it all off pretty easy, wash it off afterwards, dry it, then use plastic primer from Super cheap one or 2 light coats, then a paint also from super cheap, cant remember the brand, its been mentioned a few times throughout the thread. as many coats of paint as you feel necessary to get a nice even cover. (i did about 3 i think)

lol yeah, it has been covered in this thread, not trying to sound rude but its only a few pages back.

Metho and a steel wool scourer will get it all off pretty easy, wash it off afterwards, dry it, then use plastic primer from Super cheap one or 2 light coats, then a paint also from super cheap, cant remember the brand, its been mentioned a few times throughout the thread. as many coats of paint as you feel necessary to get a nice even cover. (i did about 3 i think)

nah your not being rude i understand your fustration lol

i just like to be told directly

i am just gonna fill up the sink with metho and drop it in then take it out and scrub and do that acouple of time hahahaha

wish me luck hopefully done by monday so i can post up some pics

thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank-you to everyone for the inspiration and insight on the know-how's. I was getting very annoyed at the sticky, unprofessional looking center piece and decided to do something about it :happy: I ended up using Power-plus PJ9184 as advised by the OP :cool: What I didn't use is clear coat :)

post-70239-1265529855_thumb.jpg

Edited by theponyremark

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
For those that know how bad the factory interior paint is on the R34's (seems to dissolve in the Aussie heat)

I've found a low-semi gloss alternative that seems pretty good, Powerplus PJ9184 "SNB 150 Desert Rose Metallic"

Just soak/scrub the original paint off with metho, takes no time at all, prime and hit with this stuff and in comes out looking pretty swish again.

console.jpg

Hey mate,

That gear shifter is wicked! Where do I get one!?

Lovin the look of the whole console to tell ya the truth, mine has def seen better days so im taking you advise.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, finished the CD, Aircon and Tape Deck Facia Pieces. I also re-did the Vents as that was a shitty job and I hated myself for doing it so quickly just so I could get it into the car again.

So, here's a pic of the console and one of the drivers window control surround.

Oh, and when I put the Aircon Unit back in, and hooked all the wires for everything back up, I noticed that the buttons on the aircon unit for Fan Speed (up and down), Mode, A/C, Auto, Off and Direct/Re-circulate didn't come on when I turned the headlights on. I tried tapping on the panel, and all the lights bar the ones behind the Direct/Recirulate buttons are now working, but this has never happened before. I checked the lights last night, but I think I may be in need of replacing the LEDs that are in the back of the A/C control unit.

:domokun: i have done my dash the exact same ! mica blue ? and in the middle of doing my window controll grate minds think alike grate job mate ill add my pics up tuesday wen i get my camera back :)

• 4 weeks later...

thanks to this thread it took me all of 15mins to pull out all the plastic

also the door controls just pop out ...well mine did... the passenger side is abit tougher but still just poped out (with force)

was all too easy ....only broke one small clip on back of ac strip which is not seen anyways

was a little gun hoe and accidentally took the actual triple cluster itself out of its casing...whooops :unsure:

im going to do the little door handle /coinholder? bit aswell so it all matches

off to supercheap for the paint etc this morning they better have the right color :sick:

thanks to all that contributed info on the thread as it made it alot easier and quicker

CHEERS SAU

:D

• 1 month later...

Ok well i did mine a few weekends back now, but figured i should post up, so here goes

post-40562-1238379919_thumb.jpg post-40562-1238379950_thumb.jpg post-40562-1238379987_thumb.jpg

Do you know who does that or where can do I that here in Perth ?