SAU Community

Shitty Series 1 R34 Interior Plastic Paint

So I painted mine today in the Tungsten, looks awesome. Will post up some photos tomorrow when I put it all back togeather. Will definitely be doing the both window with surrounds in the near future. Just hope the paint doesn't scrape off.....

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my pictures, crappy iPhone quality doesn't do the colour any justice! Tungsten gold is without a doubt the best colour. In sunlight its stunning 100% recommend it. Now, bit of info regarding the passenger window switch, not only do you have to take the door panel off, you then have to take apart several clips holding the switch onto the door panel! These aren't fun, you need 2x flat heads to bend clips in and push the switch out. Drivers side one just pops out, and centre console was simple enough. I ordered that shift knob from nissan to match the colours :)

Apologies for the wonky photos :angry:

15koci.jpg

52ylxy.jpg

2a6jwid.jpg

Edited by neopowered34

So I painted mine today in the Tungsten, looks awesome. Will post up some photos tomorrow when I put it all back togeather. Will definitely be doing the both window with surrounds in the near future. Just hope the paint doesn't scrape off.....

if you prep it properly then there should be no issues....i personally dont use the plastic paint you get and use enamel. Can get any colour you want then but its all in the prep! i then throw a clear over the top

if you prep it properly then there should be no issues....i personally dont use the plastic paint you get and use enamel. Can get any colour you want then but its all in the prep! i then throw a clear over the top

Yeah I considered clearing my 1k acrylic with no clear. I sanded it, 3 coats of good primer and 3-4 coats of my colour and its turned out great. So far no scratching or peeling off, fingers crossed but I think it will be good. The plastic paint doesn't have a good variety, powerplus is the way to go :thumbsup:

Edited by neopowered34

My interior was so bad before.........scrubbed the black paint off to reveal another coat of silver underneath before i got to the plastic rofl.... guide worked awesome though..

Metho + wet sand + PowerPlus Plastic Primer + PowerPlus Nickel + 4 Clear Coats =

post-97358-0-08841900-1365938386_thumb.jpgpost-97358-0-47340300-1365938388_thumb.jpgpost-97358-0-51284300-1365938390_thumb.jpg

post-97358-0-48787100-1365938392_thumb.jpgpost-97358-0-26287800-1365938394_thumb.jpg

post-97358-0-63316000-1365938395_thumb.jpg

A/C vents, controller & Triple Gauge cluster all to be done in a different color...probably something a bit darker :D

post-97358-0-84124500-1365938771_thumb.jpg

Edited by fusion07

• 3 months later...

My gear, radio surround and ashtray i painted in titanium silver, just for effect. But the rest of the plastics that has that "coating" like the power window controls and hvac unit i just metho'ed it off clean. Looks fine just as normal black plastic.

wow, you guys makes me wanna do it too, will show up some after pics

anyone knows how to do the leather look like the sides of that center console? i need to repaint that area as well, the paint got chipped easily in my car for some reason.

wow, you guys makes me wanna do it too, will show up some after pics

anyone knows how to do the leather look like the sides of that center console? i need to repaint that area as well, the paint got chipped easily in my car for some reason.

Assuming I'm talking about the same panel, the sides are actually vinyl not painted. Once they're scratched they're scratched (typically from pulling the head unit out and resting the metal brackets on there). I am actually considering 3M 1080 carbon wrapping them.

Assuming I'm talking about the same panel, the sides are actually vinyl not painted. Once they're scratched they're scratched (typically from pulling the head unit out and resting the metal brackets on there). I am actually considering 3M 1080 carbon wrapping them.

Yep, considering wrapping mine too. Looks gutted from my head unit brackets lol.

Yep, considering wrapping mine too. Looks gutted from my head unit brackets lol.

Only problem is once you start, you can't stop and everything must be carbon lol. Otherwise it looks out of place :D

ah yes you're correct it looks leather-ish vinyl, whats the way to restore this? carbonwrap is nice, other than that?

ah yes you're correct it looks leather-ish vinyl, whats the way to restore this? carbonwrap is nice, other than that?

Other than that, not much else unfortunately (that I know of). Some people have had limited success using shoe polish I think but it only fills in the scratches, won't get rid of them. Carbon Wrap is relatively cheap and you wont feel like youve dirtied your car.

Of course you could do what I did and try and source a replacement panel :D but good luck finding one not scratched lol

• 5 months later...

Did mine in the last few days.

Despite a few issues, I finally put it back together today.

NTp73UB.jpg

Do you guys think it would look weird if I didn't follow up by painting the AC and vents?

Thanks!

That looks great. I think you can get away by not painting the top half.

Btw: how do you guys remove the passenger door window switch?

I actually carbon wrapped mine while being bored at home.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1389012919.400203.jpg

Cheers man!

Damn that carbon wrapping looks kewl.

Looks so damn intricate around the AC and vents.

How long did it take you?

Cheers man!

Damn that carbon wrapping looks kewl.

Looks so damn intricate around the AC and vents.

How long did it take you?

Thanks man. A proper heatgun helped A LOT in this case.

It took me a whole day and I have no experience with this stuff. The top gauge holder looks crap as the bends were really difficult to get right. Might go back to the painted look...

In case this helps anybody, I had no experience before taking to my interior with the 3M DiNoc, its amazing stuff to work with but can be a bit tricky until you get the hang of it. Buy a little extra to give yourself some to practice with...

What I worked out to be verry effective was to have a spay bottle handy filled with water (room temp). Have it set to just lightly mist when you squeeze the trigger. When moulding the material around the corners of the parts and its hot, slowly work it by alternating between heating and misting to rapid cool. As the material will try to contract as it cools slow.

...It worked nicely for me, it's been on for over 12 months. looks brannoo ;)

• 1 month later...

That looks great. I think you can get away by not painting the top half.

Btw: how do you guys remove the passenger door window switch?

I actually carbon wrapped mine while being bored at home.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1389012919.400203.jpg

Hey does that gear knob still block the screen when looking from the driver's seat?? The stock gear knob is so tall!