SAU Community

Shitty Series 1 R34 Interior Plastic Paint

i have to lol at how many people have used powerplus tungsten, i spose it really is just that nice of a color :D

I was first !! I think ... went black, silver and then tungsten. Def a nice colour and not too blingy, goes with any interior.

I've read through this forum quite a few times now and when it comes to the red and blue lines on the air-con I'm a bit confused http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/st...fault/blink.gif From what I've read you melt the tabs holding the knob to remove it but from what I can see the lines aren't part of the knob but more a part of the whole air con panel? From the pics people have posted they have painted the raised part around the lines too? do you just mask the lines? Are my eye's deceiving me? Help.........

when you pop of the fascia around the aircon you will notice that the red and blue sections, and also the plastic panel covering the display all have several small round dots of what looks like melted plastic rather than screws or clips (the plastic panel does 2 small clips, one either end as well as the melted dots)

you have 2 options, one is to melt those dots so that you can pull out the plastic panel and the red and blue bits, or you can do what i did, and use a sharp knife (stanley/stencil knife) to cleanly slice off the little plastic melted pieces which will then allow the plastic panel and red and blue pieces to simply pull out.

when you want to put it all back together, simply slide it back into place and use a tiny amount of super glue or something similar and just drip it onto the holes that the red and blue and plastic panels are held in from, dry in a few minutes and presto! you retained the colored parts of your aircon

Ahhhh now I get it :P

Yours looks great BTW! Did you use metho then plastic primer then paint?

Thanks.

cheers bud, and yeah i just used the metho first, came off pretty easy, dried it with a rag and waited 10mins or so, hit it with a few coats of plastic primer, and then the paint with however many coats it took to get it nice and even.

that said, i need to pull out the gear stick surround and ac vents again and re-paint them cos luckily you can only see it on certain angles but i didnt get a very even coat :)

Ok here is mine, i wasnt going to post it as so many people have used the tungsten but anyway decided to post it up.

sorry not the greatest quality, took it using iphone.

cheers,

David.

post-7461-1238540126_thumb.jpg

Ok here is mine, i wasnt going to post it as so many people have used the tungsten but anyway decided to post it up.

cheers,

David.

put your gear boot back on properly david :sick:

cheers,

David.

lol damn you, i want your gauges!, both the speedo and triple gauge cluster!!!!

put your gear boot back on properly david :sick:

haha good pick up on my laziness,i also forgot to change the stereo colors to red to mAtch the guages.ill get another pic up all fixed soon hahaha, its all coming out in a few weeks to put the MFD in so ill fix it then ..........

stereo colours or ac colours?

were you going to take apart your head unit to change the colours? :sick:

no this Alpine Unit is the CDA - 9887 model the colors can change by the turn of the dial to match accessorise ( reds / Blues / Greens / oranges and mixed as well. look it up on youtube theres a demo. I think these units are now selling for $599 at JB - Hi Fi originally over $700

• 3 weeks later...
does the astray lid need to be removed? or just dip the whole thing face down into metho?

Yeah just throw it in and give it a scrub. Just mask it up neatly when spraying so you only do the cover.

haha good pick up on my laziness,i also forgot to change the stereo colors to red to mAtch the guages.ill get another pic up all fixed soon hahaha, its all coming out in a few weeks to put the MFD in so ill fix it then ..........

Hey David are you gonna be using the existing tripleguage wiring loom for MFD or a new one? If you're not gonna need the existing loom would you consider selling it? I converted my R34 from the pop-up screen to triple guages but I don't have the correct wiring loom for the triple guages..

Hey David are you gonna be using the existing tripleguage wiring loom for MFD or a new one? If you're not gonna need the existing loom would you consider selling it? I converted my R34 from the pop-up screen to triple guages but I don't have the correct wiring loom for the triple guages..

sorry for jacking the thread, i'll keep you posted Denis,hopefully ill have the new GTR MFD wiring loom soon from Nissan Japan.ill let you know.

cheers,

David.