SAU Community

Shitty Series 1 R34 Interior Plastic Paint

mikyel .. you cut off the plastic melted bits and glue it back on after your finished.. I painted over mine tho ... Looks shit..

RGR you slide ur fingers to the back of the gauges .. close to the front window pull toward you and pop it out .. pull out the air con vents remove the screws and then remove all the interior parts and spray

I went and bought myself some black paint to fix up the window switch surrounds and we'll see how that goes..

Can anyone just give me a quick idea how to get them out? Do they just pop out?

Hey Dan,

Top job mate :closedeyes:

got a question, where did you get the nissan paint from & were you able to get it in spray can containers?

Where did you buy the Desert Rose metallic from too please.

I've been looking to do this for a long time, you've just given me the motivation :)

Cheers

For those that know how bad the factory interior paint is on the R34's (seems to dissolve in the Aussie heat)

I've found a low-semi gloss alternative that seems pretty good, Powerplus PJ9184 "SNB 150 Desert Rose Metallic"

Just soak/scrub the original paint off with metho, takes no time at all, prime and hit with this stuff and in comes out looking pretty swish again.

console.jpg

Looks like I'll be doing this too when my rear bar goes on.

Whilst the car is in the shop, I'll pull the bits out, clean em up, and get them sprayed the same colour as the car, then layer on some clear coat.

Top work Dan.

How hard is it to pull the window controls apart?

sam ( im pretty sure thats ur name, from memory I got told off for spelling ur user name wrong :closedeyes:) neways to remove the panels u have to remove the left hand passenger side door cover and take out screws under neath it .. a fair few screws..

Drivers side rear pops up disconnect winders etc and you pull back and slides out .. wish the passenger side did that .. i ended up finding out after dark and doing it in the night .. which was not kewl!

Hope that helps ..

Just a tip for people thinking of respraying over the crap paint .. I did it and under heat/wet conditions the paint bubbles .. so sand it back ppl

NPS! Hell yes! and what makes it every shitter is that you dont have to remove just two screws its bolted in there harder than metal to a tank .. serious about 10 screws in the whole thing ..

neways enjoY!

Nsm34

How the hell did you mask up the red and blue temp adjuster? That's great work.

I've decided I will definently be doing this to my car whilst my rear bar and skirts get sprayed. I'm going to do all the crappy painted bits in the same colour as the outside of the car.

Would you be able to take a picture of the whole centre console including the gear stick surround?

thanks

Nsm34

How the hell did you mask up the red and blue temp adjuster? That's great work.

I've decided I will definently be doing this to my car whilst my rear bar and skirts get sprayed. I'm going to do all the crappy painted bits in the same colour as the outside of the car.

Would you be able to take a picture of the whole centre console including the gear stick surround?

thanks

you dont mask anything up. you need to take of the face on the ac unit. I then used a soldering iron and melted the lugs holding them in the back. When i was finished just put them back into place and melted the plastic back over again. too easy. I will try to get that pic as soon as i can

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Tamiya (model) spray paint I tells ya....no priming necessary, great range of colours and they are meant for plastic

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...st&id=91076

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...st&id=91075

Is Tamiya paint safe for UV Light (from the sun), and safe for high temps (cars get up to 70-80 degrees in summer)?

I picked up a can of semi-gloss black, but want to know its a good long-term paint before i use it!

where do you get the paint from? what should i ask for???

my centre console is all rupped (especially near the handbrake area) so i wanna fix it up a little bit!

• 9 months later...
For those that know how bad the factory interior paint is on the R34's (seems to dissolve in the Aussie heat)

I've found a low-semi gloss alternative that seems pretty good, Powerplus PJ9184 "SNB 150 Desert Rose Metallic"

Where can we get it from???

• 4 weeks later...

Just soak/scrub the original paint off with metho, takes no time at all, prime and hit with this stuff and in comes out looking pretty swish again.

console.jpg

Hmm can't figure out how to remove the dash/units. I've removed the ash tray, unscrewed the screw and popped out the plastic surround around the gear shifter. (tiptronic). However, I can't seem to pull the plastic forward, as the other plastic for the P, R, N, D, 3, 2 seems to be in the way. I have tried lifting this up, but it seems that only the left side comes up and I can't remove it.

Please help!

Nick

Supercheap stock all the Powerplus spray packs and will have desert rose metallic in stock in all stores...the factory silver Nissan colour was from Autobarn, they make to order.

You need to give it a bit of force to slip it over the PRND32 section, go from the back forward though, there is a little screw driver lug on the right hand side (just left of the rear of handbrake boot) to help you pop the clips.