SAU Community

Who Registered "stageasaustralia.com"?

munchstagea

Anyone that has tried to sell their Stagea suffers from the general lack of public knowledge surrounding these great cars.

I know a big part of the attraction for some is the exclusivity and neck snapping looks you get from people thinking "WTF is that!?!?!" Come time to upgrade though, you are selling in a very small market, it seems easily accessible information all gathered together in one place promoting the benefits of these cars would not go astray!

I know it is all on here already and is always growing, but think of it from the outside, jumping on SAU for the first time and tripping into the Stagea section, pretty overwhelming and dissipated as you would expect a forum to be!

Anyway, who has the Domain registered, do you want to share it and if not I might register something close and do this anyway?

Any and all feedback welcome, especially from those that have sold or purchased and wished there was something more that could have made it easier? I think the concept could work for everyone and would be in no way a replacement for the interaction and feedback you can get right here, rather a complimentary site that you could say to someone "thinking about buying a Stagea? Look here first"

Cheers

Luke

Edited by munchstagea

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

abso-fuggin-lutley outstanding idea Luke! It would also make a great place to place stagea specific for sale ads. Also, we could direct interested parties to it instead of standing around carparks / servo's etc answering the same questions over and over and over. I for one would be happy to jump on board and support such a site. I think it would be quite easy to garner a little bit of sponsorship from some of the stagea importers and workshops about the country too.

I was a member here for almost 3 months before I bought my stagea and it was mainly because it took me that long to read the threads and sort out the infomation I needed, as opposed to the fluff that was fun to find out but really distracting. I know Ska and the other mods have done their best with the use of sticky threads etc, but it doesn't really work as a cohesive read. The Jaycar boost and fuel control thread is a good example.

Just one suggestion, due to the really helpful input on this site from some of our eastern states members (ie Kiwis) unless you will be supported by SAU can I suggest dropping the Australia part of the name?

I remembered this being discussed ages ago, Luke, between myself, Christian (PranK, the owner of the SAU forums), and Glen (mcnamg).

Glen had set up a temporary Stagea site, and Christian enquired as to who owned the rights to stageasaustralia.com, because he wanted it.

More information here and here...

:P

According to the public info (just do a whois!), christian owns it ie

Registrant:

CB Web Design & Development

PO Box 1015

Mona Vale

Sydney, New South Wales 2103

Australia

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: STAGEASAUSTRALIA.COM

Created on: 11-Aug-06

Expires on: 11-Aug-08

Last Updated on: 11-Aug-06

Administrative Contact:

Biggins, Christian [email protected]

PO Box 1015

Mona Vale

Australia

Technical Contact:

Biggins, Christian [email protected]

PO Box 1015

Mona Vale

Australia

- and no, it's not inappropriate to post that as anyone in the world can look that up on whois!!!!

Cool, Domain name is not critical and as I am not thinking "forum" it may be better to leave that with Christian. I'll be happy to discuss it with him if it gets to that point.

Glenn has a great start there and I'd love to think we can take it further and get it public.

I didn't want to be the one to mention classifieds, but that is definitely an option worth pursuing, one of the reasons for creating the site is to make it easier to sell when the time comes.

Glenn (when you read this) let me know if you have any input as I really don't want to cut anyones grass and I am as time poor as anyone here (if not more) so will be looking for heaps of help content wise!

Cheers

Luke

ill be willing to write some tech articles on all the sort of mods ive done like converting to rb26, and gtr diff, manual conversion, brembo upgrade, etc etc etc for people wanting info on modifications

to save the same questions being asked over and over and over again every other week...

Edited by overpowered

Cool, Domain name is not critical and as I am not thinking "forum" it may be better to leave that with Christian. I'll be happy to discuss it with him if it gets to that point.

Glenn has a great start there and I'd love to think we can take it further and get it public.

I didn't want to be the one to mention classifieds, but that is definitely an option worth pursuing, one of the reasons for creating the site is to make it easier to sell when the time comes.

Glenn (when you read this) let me know if you have any input as I really don't want to cut anyones grass and I am as time poor as anyone here (if not more) so will be looking for heaps of help content wise!

Cheers

Luke

Word of warning, Luke: Christian can be VERY hard to get a hold of. Don't bother sending PMs, he very rarely replies to them (if at all) - send him an email instead at [email protected] and there's more of a chance he'll get back to you.

Dale: Agree with not excluding NZ UK owners etc although majority of content may be Aus based.

overpowered: Your input will be great fully accepted as will any positive contributions

Nick: Thanks, I am not chasing him as I'm not exactly sure what form this will take in the end. I see it feeding from SAU as a resource and directing people here as a recommended place for discussion and connection. Obviously I won't be copy and pasting great slabs of intellectual property from SAU to fill out the site either. If the site is to run classifieds, sponsorship and even potentially some niche advertising (I'd suggest any of this would be really long term possibilities only) then this would create some gray areas legally and ethically.

Cheers

Luke

ok, I have a home for what might be now.

http://www.nissanstagea.com/

Expect this thread to disappear for a while if it is left to me but I'll be thinking about it and working on it when I can (side project).

If you have any content you would like to contribute please feel free to pull it together. There are a lot of great examples of DIY's on here that people have written and it would be great to have these turned into clear and concise articles by their original authors, including any additional discussion that has followed and any other information or results that have arisen over time post modification or maintenance.

Keeping in mind that we will have a broad audience of visitors, this site is to be an introduction to the nissan stagea for someone that may have seen one on the road, in a parking lot or heard about the model in a conversation. All the way through to someone looking for details on recessing their GTR booster into the firewall...

Will possibly need to develop a format to which content should be written to give the articles and information a sense of continuity but that will be a while off and probably only happen after a small volume of content is available so we can see what might work in a general sense.

Any buddy copy writers out there? Let me know as it is not one of my limited talents!

Cheers

Luke

cool idea luke. Will the website have supporting softwares as well? Such as FAST, manuals ETC? Probably it will b cook to make it a one stop website where it will have everything. Perhaps asking SDU for an alliance? Dont shoot me guys, you said it any suggestion would b welcomed!!LOL!

I wrote that DIY on how to fit the BOS SS Split dump and Metal Cat high flow cat, that could go onto the website?

Simon, for sure, was thinking that as well, that is a pretty common mod so one worth documenting!

cool idea luke. Will the website have supporting softwares as well? Such as FAST, manuals ETC? Probably it will b cook to make it a one stop website where it will have everything. Perhaps asking SDU for an alliance? Dont shoot me guys, you said it any suggestion would b welcomed!!LOL!

Hi Yudi, Yes and no, the site will suffer from the same copyright restrictions as SAU, so hosting downloads to pirated software won't be possible. It's not intended to be a 'one stop shop' as it will be fairly static. Just good, solid and in depth information about the stagea models, variations and maintenance and modifications. I think the interactive community that exists here already is the best place to direct people to make contact with other owners and ask specific questions.

I hope that answers some questions...

Cheers

Luke

Simon, for sure, was thinking that as well, that is a pretty common mod so one worth documenting!

Hi Yudi, Yes and no, the site will suffer from the same copyright restrictions as SAU, so hosting downloads to pirated software won't be possible. It's not intended to be a 'one stop shop' as it will be fairly static. Just good, solid and in depth information about the stagea models, variations and maintenance and modifications. I think the interactive community that exists here already is the best place to direct people to make contact with other owners and ask specific questions.

I hope that answers some questions...

Cheers

Luke

not a problem. but i stil have a vision and thos will need the participition of all stagea owners. Get together (from all coners of OZ) once and take a picture and it will be a historical mark. Post it on the web like those japs did!!!

Probably we will do the mod lists by section.EG exhaust section, Turbos section, Air filter section, Rims section ETC.

Then do my models RS4s and 260rss. Feautres everybody in it just a simple page and state what they did to the car. Wat do you think?

www.nissanstagea.com fits nicely on a sticker across my rear windshield :P

I couldn't agree more, and that would be a great way of getting the site out there once it's up and running. Have stickers made for any of us Stagea owners who want one, and when we get one of those 'neck snap looks', they'll see the web address...... :P

Thanks guys! Stickers will be a great marketing tool to get people onto the site. When the time comes we will work that one out for sure.

Yudy: Feature cars is a great idea!

Edited by munchstagea