SAU Community

Who Registered "stageasaustralia.com"?

munchstagea

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just need to create some structures to store the content really. Basically a home page portal, with separate sections on Stagea specific stuff, thats easy to read, navigate, search and use.

Maybe something like:

Home Page

Introduction

Gallery

Technical Articles

How to's

The RB25DET & RB26DETT

Suspension

Plus a few others, but you get the drift.

Showcars (Maybe have a voting button for each photo & then people can vote for their favourite Stag in the gallery - one vote each only!)

INSERT YOUR OTHER STUFF HERE

You would still want strong links with all things skyline though...that goes without saying of course. I'm always going to be hanging out in this site too.

Of course, there is the technical hosting bits, the IP bits, E-commerce bits & so on, but its not like it's going to be as big as myspace, so maybe its just a bit of local hosting till it gets some momentum & content. It will be cool anyway for those who want to do it.......I'm a bit busy right now lol

Anyway, just a thought

where's the smiley with the thoughtful tug of the beard.............

Thanks Luke,

Yeah pretty close to the structure I am considering, I would actually put the introduction text on the home page so there is no need for 2 pages there, extra clicking makes for poor usability... Definitely a fairly static site based on clear concise information and directed back to here as the Australian online community for Stagea owners for sure. And it needs to look good to get people excited about the model(s)!

Cheers

hehe :thumbsup: agreed.

Could have called it swataustralia.com and had the same reaction "WTF is S.W.A.T?!?!"

(Stagea Web for Advanced Tune)

nissanstagea.com at least has a chance of being found (once the poor punter searches Nissan Australia's website, only to find nothing JDM Stagea related).

• 4 weeks later...

Wow cant believe I missed this one but shows how busy I have been with work I havent been able to check on here for ages. If you want any help at all I am happy to contribute I have hundreds of images and have the original HTML files on my computer with all the Stagea stuff from my original website and some videos as well. If you want me to send you anything in particular or want me to help in any other way let me know and I will be happy to do what I can

Cheers

Glenn

Thanks Glenn,

That will be a big help! I won't ask anyone for anything yet as I can't put any time in right now and don't want to waste anyone else's in the process...

When I get some time :unsure: this will happen.

Cheers

Luke

• 10 months later...

Hi guys,

Well I have had some time to get this started and would love some content input, people to research and produce content is what I would really like! So ideas of "you should put 'this' or 'that' on there would be great but even better if you can source the info and images that would be better.

A few things:

1. Original images that you own the copyright to are preferred in all cases, I really don't want to put up images I don't have permission for.

2. Content wise, if you know the source, we can credit it and request permission to include the information that would be great (that would include images)

3. As boring as it may be to some I think having images of 'stock standard' vehicles would be more informative to new punters. Happy to run a gallery of the cool stuff too though!

4. Input from you on what you think would be valuable inclusions, think back to when you knew nothing about Stageas and what you wanted to know.

5. I may at some stage choose to add Google Ad Words advertising to the site, this will help pay for the hosting and domain name, it may generate some revenue but I don't expect to retire off it! Just putting it out there so everyone is clear and no one thinks I am ripping them off if I do end up with these ads on there.

The Beta site is here: http://nissanstagea.com/beta/ haven't tested it in all browsers yet so if you notice anything strange going on let me know! There are some broken links so don't get too excited about those, I know they're there...

Looking forward to all your positive input!

(If you don't have anything nice to say, you know how it goes...) :D

Cheers

Luke

would love to give you some photos of a stock 260RS presenting in black...! immac in and out, and my missus does photography so will get some good shots of whatever you wish.

Good idea would be listing of all the different trim specs and levels from rs-v to four-v and four-s, Dayz ed, prime ed, and what you do and dont get etc. A definitive list.

That sounds awesome!

The peak of factory offering, very nice.

:D shucks...

Will send em on. I get the car in 2 weeks, its at compliance. Its like new in and out inc. engine bay so is a good example.

Looking forward to all your positive input!

(If you don't have anything nice to say, you know how it goes...) biggrin.gif

Problem with that Luke is if all you want is accolades..... well you will never find out how it can be better!

Conservative Criticism.....

The site seems VERY SLOW to load, and you have mis-spelled aspirated.

Apart from that, it looks pretty good. Well done.

Love the table idea for the specs very easy to see. It would be better if the "proper" model code was in there though, ie 20X, 20G, 25TXFour etc. It's a little misleading as is.

Keep up the work..... remember photos need to be small for quick loading. The header seemed to take forever!! (actually about 3 mins). I am using firefox, windows XP, and ADSL.

Can't wait to see the S2 Stuff. I have some spreadsheets of the S2 model specs and options.

Happy to email them if you want.

Cheers

happy to contribute what i can, photos etc. gonna have a forum?

forum = redundant? dont think TOO many of us would be converting from here. info and pics and etc sounds great but i dont think a forum on the site would be worth the effort due to how comfortable we all are here as well as the ease of skipping to related skyline conversations and mod threads here.

my 2c