SAU Community

Hp and 1/4 mile figures for auto r33 turbo?? any 1 got any.

hmmm i dont know why pplz do all sort of stuff to there cars like puting the boost up if ya gonna lose to a excel off the line. Thats hitting rock bottom. Gts-t's even in stock form like full stock form, can rip most cars off the line. I understand by putting a bigger and better exhuast and better air intake mods the car will have more power, but whats the point of having XXX RWKW's if its not properly tuned? so many cars i see now on the roads that on paper looks very intimidating, but on the road dont perform all that great. (And in many cases worse off than a stock version) Is a waste of time (And money) if ya dont know what ya doin. Anyways i thought id add my 2c worth.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting the boost up won't make you slower off the line, but I hear what your saying. If you make bad decisions when doing mods, they can have a negative effect to performance.

Filter, zorst and boost mods should not have any negative effect on off the line performance, other than maybe excessive wheelspin :spank:

Okay maybe I didn't explain myself. The initial launch off the line. eg the first second. heh no way do they compare at all. And yes I can still beat the wrx's i've come across in the long run say over say 0-80 although right off the line for the first second or so you can't just compare to dumping the clutch.

Do you stall it up by holding your foot on the brake while puting your foot down on the accelerometer? Do that until the wheels just start to spin gentaly. When the lights go green, plant it and take the foot of the brake simultaniously. It takes a while to get it right, just like in a manual (but easier to do consistantly). To much stall can create to much wheel spin, not enough can bog down. You will launch INSTANLY by using this meathod. No 1 second bog down. You know when you have done it exactly right because you will slightly wheelspin for about 3-4 metres (not enough to get smoke)

• 2 months later...

Ok, took the auto skyline to the track last night. Mods include pod filter, 3inch tbo back zorst, ARC front mount using standard cooler pipes, dual stage boost controller set to 12psi.

1st pass 14.47 @ 96mph

2nd pass 14.31 @ 98mph

Both 60ft were 2.254. If i had more time, i reckon i could of cracked a flat 14. Will keep you all updated. Any one else with auto 1/4mile times on auto skylines please post as i will be interested. Also i hope to get the car on a dyno soon too.

Originally posted by RNS11Z

Ok, took the auto skyline to the track last night. Mods include pod filter, 3inch tbo back zorst, ARC front mount using standard cooler pipes, dual stage boost controller set to 12psi.

1st pass 14.47 @ 96mph

2nd pass 14.31 @ 98mph

Both 60ft were 2.254. If i had more time, i reckon i could of cracked a flat 14. Will keep you all updated. Any one else with auto 1/4mile times on auto skylines please post as i will be interested. Also i hope to get the car on a dyno soon too.

That's some bloody good times keep up the good work.

I haven't done any engine mods to my Auto Sky as yet doing all the suspension first then I'll move into the engine bay.

The closest 1/4 mile track to me is about 400k away and I think the closest dyno is about 300k away, ;)

Well.. stall it up to 2k then just launch. It has more in it. I can feel it. Also hit rev limiter on both runs in 2nd gear, my bad. After i take off, once the revs get to 5k it wheel spins again to rev limiter. The main thing the cooler did was give me abit more top end, some lag and also more safe to run 12psi.

• 3 weeks later...

Edge - I have a Series 2 GTST auto and ive got her upto 245km/h b4 i had to slow down for a corner so she may have had more, If you get a cut out at 190 its because you have your O/D OFF, turn you O/D on and you will get to 245+ on an open road.

Im wondering if anyone here has an auto gtst with similar mods to mine so i'll know roughly how much rwkw i'll get when tuned up again ..

Apexi Pod

S-AFC

12 psi Boost

Cat Back Exhaust

HKS Front Mount

NGK Vgroove's 0.8gap

ive gotta auto r33 gts-t ,with a 2.5inch rear muffler,fmic pod it dynoed 158rwkw.The exhaust is really holding it back to the point that every 1 psi drop's 8/9 hp !!And with a Safc it couldnt make ne more power.I found out it had a melted cat aswell .But it still doesnt seem to make good power for a r33 .But off the mark its a rocket good old snow button.And before u say its bad to use the snow button,I hate auto and if i brake it then my dad will put a manual in :D

Oh thats more than i got on my last dyno run .. yer im ashamed to admit it but i only got a shity 152rwkw, but i only had the stock cooler then ... and tat was at 12psi but the plugs were gapped at 1.1 at the time so it detionated hard on the way home, but im not sure that if i had a .8 gap then that it would have given me a few more rwkw's ..