SAU Community

R33 Drag Gtst

R33draggtst

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is that was only running 27.5 psi boost of the possable 43.5 psi boost, oh and the 300 shot of NOS has to go on yet :whistling:

That's some serious boost/NOS

Can't wait to see the full run!

Cheers Mike :cheers:

was just great to finally launch the car for the 1st time after 10 months :P

we kept the rev limits low to 7500 to play it safe & boost was only 1.8 bar

60 foots ended up at 1.3 so still another couple of 10ths there but fantastic to see the car back up & running.

it runs straight as you like which really helps confidence in it & just seems like it could take twice the power without any probs.

Just testing testing & more testing now really to get some time in the seat & learn where to save some time & crank the power up slowly

8.5 @ 161mph and still on low boost with no NOS :)

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...59&hl=en-GB

it runs straight as you like which really helps confidence in it & just seems like it could take twice the power without any probs.

Just testing testing & more testing now really to get some time in the seat & learn where to save some time & crank the power up slowly

AWESOME to hear, sounds like its going to go VERY fast...

That run looked and sounded sooo freaken awesome!!

Glad to see all your hard work paying off and the car working beyond expectations. Well done!; to you and your team :D

John has asked me to post the following as he's got internet problems at the moment..

Quote:

Well I have contacted http://www.andra.com.au/ asking for permission to run next year, fingers crossed & if ok will then contact the tracks for permission.

Looking at the dates we have decided to run in BOTH of the Sydney & Perth Summer Nationals so really hope we can run.

Have also sent an e-mail to HTL asking if there is any chance of a joint run - a long shot I know but if you don't ask - lol

God knows if I will get the chance to do this again so worth a go

John.

Thanks guys - well now have approval from Andra to run who have been really really helpful which is great news :rolleyes:

Perth Motorplex have also confirmed they are happy for us to run so only waiting on WSID now & it's all systems go which is amazing :(

We will run in the Super Sedan class when we are over in Aus & for me this is a dream come true - a pile of testing to do here in the UK between now & the end of October & we will bust a gut to see hopefully a 7sec run before the car gets put into a container & shipped.

I can feel a lot of beers coming on in Feb/March 2008 :sorcerer:

;) Each time this is updated, it just gets better and more exciting!!

Well done; awesome run :D