SAU Community

Sick Of Owning A Modified Car And The Associated Hassle

MANWHORE

Given your driving history, you are not really in a position to complain about police attention, are you?

Lets not cloud the issue here - Manwhore is talking about the attention that a modified import automatically attracts, not the attention that some idiot draws in from loosing control of his 'whip' while street racing on a public road and driving through someones living room.

Definitely Blitz. Most of my driving is just general commuting, just like everyone else. The only time I really drive hard is on the odd trackday.

When you see all of these defect threads around, it just makes it less fun to own the car e.g. the recent Newcastle forshore one.

e.g. if I've been working all day until 9 pm and drive home, why should I be treated like a criminal. Sure, it's a skyline and its late, but that doesn't mean i'm hooning

well a comment like that is probaly why u get hassled by cops lol

my cars got a big exhaust (super dragger, quiet at idle but loud towards redline) and its pretty dumped and you could say it does stand out with the rims, but still cops dont even look twice.

What I meant by the comment was I don't want to sell it. It will either be kept forever, unless if someone crashes into me and writes it off

Thanks for all the tips guys. What all of you guys have said is spot on the money. I was just feeling a bit down about the car yesterday.

Beer Barron, I know the airbox won't make it lose power. Call me a ricer, but i liked the noise the pod made.

The exhaust is definitely way too loud. You guys are right. I'm just trying to save some moeny to do somethign about it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do we have rules against double and triple posting?

and yeah dude, it sucks, you will get over it though... im lucky enough to have a daily :D makes me love the line even more when i do take it out :D

depends i get cops following me just because i have p -plate on a jap car or they ither pull me over ( i got a stocker sept my front bar and rims) it's kinda annoying becuase they allwow stupid commadores go becuase there so common plus there they ant get alot money in defects and fines from them ..

short story its stupid harrasment

Just be lucky you don't have red p plates on your car.

I've been pulled over 12 times in less than 10 months.

Never been fined for speeding.

Never defected.

Chromies and front bar and wing makes the cops look, when they spotted the red p plate the chase was on.

Since my greens and 12 'random breath tests' I haven't been touched.

I live in the Wollongong Area (Shellharbour) and i have the same thing.

I would constantly get pulled over for RBT (they would say) then they would go to the rego, look for my Green P's flash their light through the car looking for anything (mind you my cars were illegal and could be defected all the time) that eventually i got sick of it.

I sold my skyline, i sold my 200sx and my WRX and now i just bought a 02 Monaro.

The same cop that used to pull me over all the time now doesnt give a sh*t about me.

It sucsk so bad that the imports get such a bad rap in the mediaand with the poilce that eventually i just had enough and bout a car that wouldnt get hassled. Well at least not yet.

Beer Barron, I know the airbox won't make it lose power. Call me a ricer, but i liked the noise the pod made.

The exhaust is definitely way too loud. You guys are right. I'm just trying to save some moeny to do somethign about it.

lol, hey I love the sound pods make too. I have pods on the GTR and put one on the GTST and I think it actually went a bit lower with the pod, but it sounded good. my point is there is really only one way out. make the car less illegal or at least quieter and then you will be free to enjoy it more.

I have noticed and as I am getting older that my interest in Driving everywhere on a friday and or Saturday night is slowly dieing. because of Cost , chance of getting into trouble and the type of people that are around at those places and times.

i think i am just old and since I have been cruzing for over 14 years I have had enough apart from the event cruzes. Anyway bla bla

Last point I want to make

If you dont want a Import get ride of it if you do then except that this is what happenes when owning a Import. Take the Good with the Bad.

I have noticed and as I am getting older that my interest in Driving everywhere on a friday and or Saturday night is slowly dieing. because of Cost , chance of getting into trouble and the type of people that are around at those places and times.

i think i am just old and since I have been cruzing for over 14 years I have had enough apart from the event cruzes. Anyway bla bla

Last point I want to make

If you dont want a Import get ride of it if you do then except that this is what happenes when owning a Import. Take the Good with the Bad.

u lie!!!! i saw you on George st with your 21" Dolci's every friday night doing happy laps. You can't hid from me, not even with these 80's sunnies. lol

didn't read all the replies..

however...

zoom or HPI have the 4 gootr skyline with RB26 in it.

makes around 300rwkw if I recall.

it is using a "STANDARD" aus delivered GTR exhaust from the turbo's back.

plenty of people on these forums making over 250rwkw with a stock GTST air boxes.

I mentioned in another thread about exhaust sizes..

I think SK had a calculation for what size pipes flowed what CFM.

I'm pretty sure that 2.5 inch exhaust is still good for around 300rwkw worth of flow.

problems solved.

You're not going to enjoy your car any less with these in place.

Don't know what power your car makes but if it's a daily driver, I'd say the above suggestions would make for a better drive.

Sure you get allot of attention from the police, but clearly the attention from the ladies must be worth it lol.

Got pulled over by the bald HWP officer in Castle Hill today, just the innocent school boy look and the 'i didn't know that was illegal' face got me off with a warning. Phew

u lie!!!! i saw you on George st with your 21" Dolci's every friday night doing happy laps. You can't hid from me, not even with these 80's sunnies. lol

Dude I take offence to that comment I ride on 15inch thankyou and they are hubcaps with Fake Top Gun sun glasses

I been pulled over 3 times in 14 months , last time a P plater in a commondore was revving the motor next to me at the traffic lights so i got pulled over , I full lost my temper and got in a swearing match with the cop on the side of the road I mangered to get a apolgy in the end. The other 2 time were at road side breath tests and i got let through a RSBT the other day so i dont think i am being targeted.

When i was one my P`s me and 1 other mate got pull over between 20 to 50 times a month most of the time by the same cop , once I got pulled over 3 times in the space of 100 meters because i would take the tube off the BT machine i just kept saying it`s your rubbish u take it , this is being targeted but if i wasn`t such i smart ass i think they would have left me alone

I have 1 previous driving offence which is admitedly drink driving when I was 18 moving my car between campuses, i was slightly over the .02 but under .05 put it that way.. right up until last sunday... when i was driving slightly over 80kph like seriously lucky for 85, I saw the copper in his cruiser with the camera on the side and i tapped the brake, not enough to wash of speed just a reaction and the twat has stitched me up for 130 in an 80 zone.. he has "video" which I requested to see he said I would have to schedule it. He also failed to show me the speed locked in the camera as it was registering 000.00 "it must have reset". I have been pulled over one other time by a police officer in my line and that was because some asshole in a white line got away from some police chasing him in a paddy-wagon and saw me waiting pleasantly at the lights and tryed to do me for whatever it was.. that was fun..

so you know what.. if you havent felt the copper f**k up or the twat copper.. its been luck... they arent all the same stereo type but wait till you cross paths with one that wants to f**k you up for whatever reason... you will feel happy about it.

just thinking about it makes me want to hurt stuff still.

Cant say ive ever had any issues like above but I love driving my 34 and am happy to pull over for the police when they flash the blue and red at me.. Lets them suss out the car, see nothing is illegal im not carring dangerous goods or weapons and then they can just take it all in and perv on the car..

If you treat them with respect they will return it, however seems not everyone does this so if you happen to look like another "type" of person you in for shit. Yes some police are racist but I believe its because most "wanted" races abuse the police. Im sure you would return the favour when your a officer.

I dont speed and my friends often abuse me for doing 2-3km under the speed limit, I still get there on time or even early I just learn to pick the quickest route. Its obvious with a skyline your a giant target but at least one thing is for sure if someone manages to pinch your line, 90% change they'll get pulled over! lets hope its reported by then tho :S

I wouldn't sell my line for much .. except maybe the new RS4 or a track spec 350z but shit damn its a buzz to drive, cops or not

i had a strange one the other day !!! Cop pulls me up and introduces himself (FIRST NAME) with a handshake!!! wierd !

he checks my rego and drives off.... i was a bit stunned

i find out later he owns a r33gts t... :rant:

Edited by ish

Hassles from the police is something to keep mindful of but how about the other monkies that want to race you all the time, its a S#$t when you drive it daily and every second car wants to race and speed past you and then slow down after they pass or rev there engines next to you at lights AND

their the ones that never seem to get caught speeding.

that was my whinge for the time being

Hey Chris your car sounds wicked.Like a race car,but for general driving it would drive me nuts.

I have a solution.

3.5inch Xforce cat back no muffler with one of those Varex adjustable mufflers on it.

Best of both worlds,that the way im thinking of going.

My exhaust is pretty quiet(still just over 90db) but sometimes i would like a really good RB note to come out of it.

Or i could buy the Xforce system and you could have mine? :)

and then theres the fully shit c unts thats been doing burn outs on paramatta rd, givng us all a bad name. Wonder if that little fag ever got caught by the police. Sure hope he did.

i saw them. i gave him an A++ for that performance. quite impressive.