SAU Community

Rb25 On The Dyno..decent Result From Stock Turbo ;)

p7170077lx6.th.jpg

p7170078vr5.th.jpg

Mods are cooler and exhaust, its in an R32 and everything on the motor is stock... except for the RB20 remapped ecu thats running it.

Dyno run with the 33 ecu was a hell of a lot less. As we all know the stocker hits R&R with raised boost. Now ive got loads of midrange torque and driveability is sweet as.

For the bucks.. its a sweet upgrade for those 33 owners looking for some more poke... chuck those 33 ecu's in the bin.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are some nifty results simon. what are you doing to control VCT? I can see it it coming on at 100kmph so in 4th with your diff ratio i am guessing that is around 3700rpm?

really keen on this as i may be going a 25 shortly and would like to retain my ecu and harness

forget about retaining the loom, its a fair wack of work just to do it. Just run the 25 loom with a 20 ecu and you'll be laughing.

No VCT here either, its off and not really needed. Cant say ive noticed any lack of low down.

My rb20 with slide highflow was making 225 rwkw on 16-17 psi with stock injector / afm /remap then i swapped in the 25 which now makes 10 kws less, with stock turbo and had an insane amond of midrange torque compared to the rb20..

Overall im pretty happy with it.

unknown Telly gave it to me when he worked out it wouldnt fit in his 25de

as they were 33 cams one was a 256 hks thing the others a tomei supposedly

could find any info on it but it did have b673465 or something like that on it so sounds like tomei

he's now gone 26 now anyway

Yeah it gets drifted, ive kept it under 1 bar which is to keep it safe, Should be safe at just under 13psi i would say.

I just say it because i've seen a couple turbos @ 12psi let go on track days.

And others who had killed them @ drag days (12-13psi also), and the drag ones are even less time/heat.

Some last some dont, guess its luck of the draw on that one

I just say it because i've seen a couple turbos @ 12psi let go on track days.

And others who had killed them @ drag days (12-13psi also), and the drag ones are even less time/heat.

Some last some dont, guess its luck of the draw on that one

same with soarer's i got a friend been thrashin his poor ceramic turbos @ 14-15psi for nearly 2 years no drama.... but his brothers didnt last a fortnight... lady luck is a bitch

haha turbo tune dyno..... should make 190 everywhere else :D Nice curve though.

Prob been a while since youve been there but they now have the most accurate dyno in Adelaide. If i wanted a high reading i'd go to tilbrooks and wow people with 240 rwkw's from the same set up :)

Prob been a while since youve been there but they now have the most accurate dyno in Adelaide. If i wanted a high reading i'd go to tilbrooks and wow people with 240 rwkw's from the same set up :D

+1 recently had mine dynod there when jeff remapped it and before the remap it pulled a little bit less to what it did at boostworx with the same mods. as said they have a very accurate dyno.

that result is very impressive, if i ever get the $$ ill seriously look at going RB25.