SAU Community

To People Who Have Power Fc...

Ryanrb25

hey guys, just bought a POWER FC. I was wondering what you guys think of them, and whats your experiences....ive heard nothing but good news...i actually have a MICROTECH ltx-12s which are a fantastic ECU but not good for economy, which my car is daily driven so its essential. I also like the user friendly features of the pfc...

cheers....

Ryan

I think it's more who tunes it than what type of computer it is. Being so common there are lots of places that can tune them.

The PFC is good in that you can easily check if there is something a little unusual going on. Another big plus is that it lets you know if there is excessive knock, maxed out injectors and i think AFM, through the dash light. So you can instantly back off.

Congrats on getting the power fc, should be picking mine up end of this week or next week. Is it true you need to upgrade your AFM when you plug in a power fc? I realise that it's a good upgrade to have done anyway but is it necessary straight away?

Congrats on getting the power fc, should be picking mine up end of this week or next week. Is it true you need to upgrade your AFM when you plug in a power fc? I realise that it's a good upgrade to have done anyway but is it necessary straight away?

Nope, but it is recommended as there ain't much head room on the stock one when you start modding, upping boost etc.

Almost always a 300ZX 80mm airflow meter.

Yeah, figured a z32 would do the job, just need to get my hands on one and so do a few other ppl on these forums by the looks of it. I think i've been told about $350 for a new one (i think it's new), anyone else been told better prices?

AFM guide from Paulr33

Rule of thumb for Air Flow meters RWKW & Engine BHP

------ ---- OD ---- RWKW ---- RWKW ---- BHP ------ BHP

No of AFM's ---- ------- 1 -------- 2 -------- 1 -------- 2

RB26 ------ 65 ------ 149 ------ 299 ------ 271 ------ 474

RB20/25 --- 80 ------ 226 ------ 453 ------ 376 ------ 683

Z32 ------- 80 ------ 255 ------ 511 ------ 415 ------ 763

Q45 ------- 90 ------ 302 ------ 605 ------ 479 ------ 890

Always run power fc's in all my cars and never had an issues except for a faulty knock sesor. We are going to be selling wolf ecu's through our store very soon and would also appreciate people feedback on that ecu. As far as I no its alot more tunable then the power fc but alot more complicated to set-up and for the driver to change basic settings etc.

Ryan

It's probably a bit much but i'm getting my power fc for $1450 through a shop. Been told i could have got it for cheaper through nengun or wateva but oh well, it's been paid for already anyway.

AFM guide from Paulr33

Rule of thumb for Air Flow meters RWKW & Engine BHP

------ ---- OD ---- RWKW ---- RWKW ---- BHP ------ BHP

No of AFM's ---- ------- 1 -------- 2 -------- 1 -------- 2

RB26 ------ 65 ------ 149 ------ 299 ------ 271 ------ 474

RB20/25 --- 80 ------ 226 ------ 453 ------ 376 ------ 683

Z32 ------- 80 ------ 255 ------ 511 ------ 415 ------ 763

Q45 ------- 90 ------ 302 ------ 605 ------ 479 ------ 890

Isn't the afm for a rb20 and a rb25 different? I though one was bigger than the other...

rubzy, your not the only one man, i just paid that much...got it today. very pleased.

Hey ryanrb25, whereabouts you getn ur power fc installed? I'd take a wild guess and say boostworx cos it seems like that's where everyone else goes but figured i'd ask anyway.

Isn't the afm for a rb20 and a rb25 different? I though one was bigger than the other...

Nope there the same only series two have 3 wire not 4. Install it yourself follow paulr33 guide then take it to boostworx and get shaun to tune it, there the cheapest and by far the best