SAU Community

Spotto (coupe)

spotted today at car yard ferry rd southport black 2003 manual coupe, very tastefull bodykit, nismo full s/s system $55000, is not on their web site yet so can't show any pics, when pics appear will let you know............shit hot!!!!!

this is the part i dont get.... what chance do you have to get into a dealer and just ask for a 10K reduction

anyone have any luck with this tactic, when they were serious about buying

A lot of the time they price it up there so they don't get tire kickers.

i got 9k off the advertised price when i bought mine from a dealer

they dropped it 5k immediately when i enquired and when they realised that i was serious and was willing to buy that day they came down even further

but i got them pretty close to their minimum because after i bought it they wouldn't throw in anything, ie FM expander, i had to pay an extra $50 for it!

this is the part i dont get.... what chance do you have to get into a dealer and just ask for a 10K reduction

anyone have any luck with this tactic, when they were serious about buying

Depends how much interest they're getting. There's cashed up buyers who will pay a bit for them. If they're getting offers close to their price from iffy buyers, they'll hold out. Some people don't know anything about private imports or importing cars but will like the car, so they'll be prepared to pay top dollar, cause they don't know any better.

On the other hand if they're not getting intertest they can drop the car $10k and still make a profit in some cases.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
hmm this is a bit suspicious.. do you work for them by any chance?

no way, i have my own business just back over the border(nothing to do with cars) i cruise ferry rd to southport a far bit and being quiet a few importers up there i like to tyre kick here and there( it's just that was the first v35 i have seen with a kit)

regards leigh.