SAU Community

R33 Gts-t Auto Vs Manual

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is that Noel?

It might improve your 14.2 second pass mate.

There are plenty of serious sports cars that are auto. Some people want a car that goes and looks good but might be disabled and need an auto or just want to take it aesy most of the time. Should we discriminate against them because you and the Magna Legend say so? Have a read about the guy in WA that wants to auto an R32 GTR N1. Best of luck to him.

More highly technical and seriously thought out advice form yet another knowledgeable individual

i love this thread when i want a bit of fun i put the switch into power mode and drive the auto like a manual have left many a manual sitting at the lights doing this

Thats cause most people cannot launch...i'd like to see an std auto beat a std manual off the lights if the manual car has a good driver...i highly doubt the auto would have a chance

Why is that Noel?

It might improve your 14.2 second pass mate.

There are plenty of serious sports cars that are auto. Some people want a car that goes and looks good but might be disabled and need an auto or just want to take it aesy most of the time. Should we discriminate against them because you and the Magna Legend say so? Have a read about the guy in WA that wants to auto an R32 GTR N1. Best of luck to him.

More highly technical and seriously thought out advice form yet another knowledgeable individual

so do you think you could get a stock auto skyline to run a faster pass than a stock manual?

I used to own a twin turbo manual supra and i still own a 180sx manual I love my manuals but i own a Auto R33 as a daily driver and i have never been owned by a manual skyline, Actually dragged a friends one exact same power exact same hi flow and similar mods except he had the power fc when i was running the SAFC2 and the SITC and he got me off the line Just then i pull away. I understand its not as fun as a Manual and no sportscar should be auto. but untill all you manual lovers actually drive an auto skyline with abit of work then i wouldnt talk, im with GTR geoff everyone has always got a bias opinition but how many of you guys has actually been in an Auto Skyline?

Thats cause most people cannot launch...i'd like to see an std auto beat a std manual off the lights if the manual car has a good driver...i highly doubt the auto would have a chance

id be up for that challenge :rofl:

Auto at the strip, while I'm left foot braking and bringing revs on the stall converter should have a decent jump on a manual due to less effort in the launch sequence. I'd back the auto for eight out of 10 passes while the manual driver is lighting up or bogging down.

Pity I sold the auto now.

Why is it that everyone that pulls out the e-wang then has to resort to "it has to be stock"? Who keeps a Skyline stock?

So when you coming to dinner with us on tuesday nights?

Why is it that everyone that pulls out the e-wang then has to resort to "it has to be stock"? Who keeps a Skyline stock?

cause that is the easiest to compare. if you start talking modified cars then unless all the mods are done by the same person, using the same brand parts that are 100% identical then 1 may be more upgraded than the other.

well going by whats been stated in regards to the manual actually coming from factory with a higher boost level than the auto, you could only hope it would win..... now both manual and auto stock but with identical boost pressures.. now talk to me.... and my reply is based on information givin in this thread !.!

You can when the opinion is unwarranted, uneducated and untrue.

Saying an auto is crap or sports cars should never be an auto is just biased ignorance, and not valid opinion. Voice the opinion when you can support it with why it should be so. Not a one liner that is really irrelevant.