SAU Community

R33 Gts-t Auto Vs Manual

I like driving a manual car. Id prefer driving a manual over an automatic because I feel that I want more out of driving then just steering.

I like the fact that I can punch it and have accelleration instantly, there is no gap where the automatic gearbox catches up.

I like the certanty of coming into a corner and leaving it and knowing exactly what gear im in, and that its not going to change.

I like using the gears to pull the car up.

But the main reason is that I just prefer manual over auto.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like driving a manual car. Id prefer driving a manual over an automatic because I feel that I want more out of driving then just steering.

I like the fact that I can punch it and have accelleration instantly, there is no gap where the automatic gearbox catches up.

I like the certanty of coming into a corner and leaving it and knowing exactly what gear im in, and that its not going to change.

I like using the gears to pull the car up.

But the main reason is that I just prefer manual over auto.

Good reasons if all you with the car is go to the track Mon-Sun.

Every day Joe needs to drive it to work, shops and when going out... so gunning down in a 60 KM/H zone and controlling the gear changes is not valid here.

Auto car for daily chores and a bit of weekend fun, manual car for track and twisty mountains with no other cars present.

But as others have said, a drag strip will always dominate with autos.

But the above was daily driven....i just enjoy the manual process, i drive prob 600kms a week and i find it more enjoyable because its manual.

the drags I feel even stronger to be manual as its just a test of car power, auto is indentical runs. its not really a test of driving ability, anybody can peal off the same time......

my 2 cents

opinions don't need to be scientifically accurate. they are opinions. i might not like someone that you do. does that mean that you are right and i am wrong? no.it is an opinion.

i have driven many auto cars, and i haven't found 1 that would out perform a manual version. try driving an auto pulsar then a manual one and you will notice a world of difference.

the drags I feel even stronger to be manual as its just a test of car power, auto is indentical runs. its not really a test of driving ability, anybody can peal off the same time......

my 2 cents

Relax champ your not a Schumacher... :ermm:

But if thats important to you then manual it is for you.

whats more important to me is that a guy shouldnt be slammed just for having an opinion.

im not fussed whether anyone prefers auto, its just I know what i like.

i was asked to suggest my opinion and to back it up....done and done....

that is all.....

back to work...

• 1 month later...

Manual. I ain't lettin no cogs control my gear changes :O

Also chicks tell me they like to watch a guy change gears. Not sure how that came about, but maybe is in the same vein as a cowboy riding a horse. Those cowbitches eat that sh!t up :(

Hi, to settle an office discussion.

Do any of the Skylines (I'm thinking r33 does) have a heating/cooling option that allows you to have hot air on your feet, while having cool air on your face?

I need this for ammo, as to why having a skyline is better than an X-trail.

Cheers.

Auto for me as i only do the odd drag race at wsid

And it sounds like a formula 1 car changing gears so quick(spoont)

all depends what you want the car for i guess.

aslong as your not one of those people who take like a whole minute to change gears just so they hear their fully shick BOV

• 11 years later...
On 14/08/2007 at 9:33 AM, nugget400hp said:

id reccomend going the auto, i own both a worked r32 gtr and a vl turbo street/race car and i tell you theres no better feeling than dropping the transbrake at 20psi, short shifting straight to top gear and stepping the whole street. i do admit the gtr is more fun through the twisty stuff but nothing beats top gear skids ;)

So I have an R33 RB25 DET Neo with Auto so you reckon if I get a stage 2 shift kit and stage 2 trick kit for it and maybe strengthen up whatever else I need to in it in the car I really want it for some drifting and cornering and I would like it for the straight but I would like to keep the auto so do you reckon I can strengthen it and get all that done to it and still have as much fun in it like you would have in a manual but isn't there some type off a manualized auto or something that you can get if there is can you explain to me what a manualized Auto is or am I better off just getting a shift kit and a trick it through it thanks again

Edited by Jason hexter

51 minutes ago, Jason hexter said:

So I have an R33 RB25 DET Neo with Auto so you reckon if I get a stage 2 shift kit and stage 2 trick kit for it and maybe strengthen up whatever else I need to in it in the car I really want it for some drifting and cornering and I would like it for the straight but I would like to keep the auto so do you reckon I can strengthen it and get all that done to it and still have as much fun in it like you would have in a manual but isn't there some type off a manualized auto or something that you can get if there is can you explain to me what a manualized Auto is or am I better off just getting a shift kit and a trick it through it thanks again

Hello everybody can I get an answer please

So I have an R33 RB25 DET Neo with Auto so you reckon if I get a stage 2 shift kit and stage 2 trick kit for it and maybe strengthen up whatever else I need to in it in the car I really want it for some drifting and cornering and I would like it for the straight but I would like to keep the auto so do you reckon I can strengthen it and get all that done to it and still have as much fun in it like you would have in a manual but isn't there some type off a manualized auto or something that you can get if there is can you explain to me what a manualized Auto is or am I better off just getting a shift kit and a trick it through it thanks again

Keas can help you out mate, Im sure there are plenty of other shops that can assemble it for you if your not close to SA.. Ive personally just swapped from a manual to a keas built jatco (33 gtst auto) and i can update on the results once the new setups running. I personally plan to use the car for alittle bit of everything aswel though its certainly not going to be as good/fun for drifting or corner stuff as the manual but itll make up for it in roll racing and drag racing. Fun factor can be very reliant on power though, 200hp auto might be alittle boring in comparison to say a 400hp car.