SAU Community

Nistune

Crans

just read the entire thread, and this sounds like exactly what im after.

so can these chips be installed into an r34gtt ecu? do you nistune guys know of any tuners in tasmania who can tune your stuff?

how much for a chip fited to my ecu? ready to be tuned, or any other options?

cheers

Prices and details are on the website, I'm getting the website updated soon to quote people on everything...

R34 GTT - Type 4 board $260, installation $60, postage $15 + GST = $335

Call around Tassie and see who is willing to tune it since we dont have anyone listed there yet. I know a few people there have gotten tuned using their licence but no one has signed up as a workshop. Most workshops have signed up after using the system as we dont advertise in managzines etc its been mainly word of mouth... internet helps too!

just read the entire thread, and this sounds like exactly what im after.

so can these chips be installed into an r34gtt ecu? do you nistune guys know of any tuners in tasmania who can tune your stuff?

how much for a chip fited to my ecu? ready to be tuned, or any other options?

cheers

Contact SPG- Nick Summers pushes out some great tunes.

Also Mobile Mechanics- Martin is handling my install.

Both in Hobart/Moonah.

• 3 weeks later...

hi mates,

i've got ecr 33 rb25det with auto transmisson

could you pls advise what ECU+nistune is suitable for my car?

i know z32 and r32 ECUs are ok but what kind (turbo, non turbo, Auto transmission or manual)?

also - how will i tune my car if i will install nistune? for example when i add some modifucations, as FMIC, what should i do with Nistune?

Edited by 427

• 1 month later...
hi mates,

i've got ecr 33 rb25det with auto transmisson

could you pls advise what ECU+nistune is suitable for my car?

i know z32 and r32 ECUs are ok but what kind (turbo, non turbo, Auto transmission or manual)?

also - how will i tune my car if i will install nistune? for example when i add some modifications, as FMIC, what should i do with Nistune?

I prefer to use the later Z32 ecu's but main concern is to get a turbo auto ecu as a manual one will give you shift inconsistency's.

Can a nistune tunner explain to me how the latency settings work? It shows the values in (us) ever time I look at it my head starts to spin.

nistune uses "us" or micro-seconds to measure injector latencies. as most injector latencies are given as milli-seconds you need to convert it. ms * 1000 = us

so an injector with a 0.7 ms latency, is inputted into nistune as 700 us. an injector with a 1.3 ms latency is inputted as 1300 us.

is there nistune software for a MAC computer?

software designed for mac, no. but, you can run nistune through a Windows VM with a program like Parallels, it runs fine this way. thats how i've been running nistune at the moment, until i get an old windows laptop i have up and running.

I imagine you could run it via a virtual machine running xp/vista/w7. Virtual box is a great program, you could install XP in this, map your USB ports to the virtual machine and then run the software this way.

Has anyone tryed running blow through with the ford lightning maf meter?? And can nistune support injectors as big as 800cc's or so?

I have used blow through on a few cars (requires alot of work in the AFM voltage table) and 1000cc injectors on E85 without issues.

nistune uses "us" or micro-seconds to measure injector latencies. as most injector latencies are given as milli-seconds you need to convert it. ms * 1000 = us

so an injector with a 0.7 ms latency, is inputted into nistune as 700 us. an injector with a 1.3 ms latency is inputted as 1300 us.

Wow thanks that clears it up a lot for me.