SAU Community

Nistune

Crans

• 2 months later...

hey everyone,

will be getting a nistune set up for aftermarket computer tuning for my r33 gts-t, rb25. it is getting done on the gold coast so if anyone wants info on location and who to call let me know. and if anyone has a z32 computer for me that would be muchly appreciated too.... :P

smidy

• 3 weeks later...
Do you have a nistune for the R34 gtt auto Neo 6 Rb25det?

please say you do???

Nistune sure do....

We have done 3 neo 34 auto's now. Doing more mod's on "sammy34" atm, hi-flow turbo, 550cc inject, Z32 AFM.

Getting to the dyno today. let you all know how it went.

Nistune sure do....

We have done 3 neo 34 auto's now. Doing more mod's on "sammy34" atm, hi-flow turbo, 550cc inject, Z32 AFM.

Getting to the dyno today. let you all know how it went.

How much the nistune roughtly cost?

I got the same mods except, hybird t04e. with stock AFM

How much the nistune roughtly cost?

I got the same mods except, hybird t04e. with stock AFM

I think i payed just under the 1g mark for mine including dyno time. Great computer, guys putting them together down at EFI know what there doing as well. Dont think id go anything besides nistune enles you were chasing rediculous number for a street car.

interesting piece of kit

how do these compare to PFC beside the fact they dont have a hand controller?

similar league?

Nistune setup is tuned from the diagnostic port in driver side cabin fuse box, advantage of it is having the stock ecu diagnostics, whereas (i dont speak from experience) with the PFC setup it's harder to diagnose problems. Also my preferred workshop in SA (Boostworx), Nistune is cheaper to tune than PFC.

They also retain all of the factory features like cold start etc.

only disadvanteges I know of as to date or as far as I understand are on the RB25 Neo. U cant use Nistune if your putting on an aftermarket plenum, nistune cant compinsate for loosing the traction control system attached near the throttlebody and it locks the car into third. So really I guess the main reason im using the Nistune is because it retains the standard auto computer. Change the plenum = change the computer, change the computer you need to rebuild the gearbox and install a shift kit. :devil:

I am tuning a NISTUNE board for a friend. Though its CA18DET engine.. It is really awsome, and to that price tag i has! Great!

Only trouble is the feed from LM-1 acts up when logging in the software.

Mark or Matt or whats his name, is working on a software update. But otherwise its really nice! And easy to mount.

We changed injectors to some big 660CC, did some correction, and car startet up first time. Took 5 min to get the car to idle perfekt.

If I had know about it when i had my CA18DET engine, i would have used it. But went on to Apexi FC with the RB25DET, and now moved on to a ViPEC

at the moment i'm running only nistune on a complete stock set up in my r33 gtst and even just having the engine tuned with no extra mods you can notice the difference in the car with its power.

I recommend EFI PERFORMANCE for anyone located on the Gold Coast or even Brisbane these guys not what they're doing and will give you the best possible result without ruining your engine.

EFI PERFORMANCE - unit 3/15 Emeri st stapylton (Yatala Drive-in) (07) 3801 8075

at the moment i'm running only nistune on a complete stock set up in my r33 gtst and even just having the engine tuned with no extra mods you can notice the difference in the car with its power.

I recommend EFI PERFORMANCE for anyone located on the Gold Coast or even Brisbane these guys not what they're doing and will give you the best possible result without ruining your engine.

EFI PERFORMANCE - unit 3/15 Emeri st stapylton (Yatala Drive-in) (07) 3801 8075

What ECU are they using for that?

What ECU are they using for that?

Hi there from London ..

I have the same question ->

"What ECU are you using??"

I was told there is no Nistune for the R33GTST ..

Cheers,

Andrew

Probably using an R32 ECU with the appropriate map, I think this would disable the special cam advance the R33 RB25DETs have though.

I was afraid the answer would be somewhat like that ... :D

Cheers,

Andrew

How are peoples results using nistune for RB26s? If you are using it on your RB26 please post engine mods and results (dyno), can't see many if any in the RB26 turbo upgrade thread.

Are there any limitations when compared to other standalone ECUs (e.g. ViPEC, PFC)?

Hi there from London ..

I have the same question ->

"What ECU are you using??"

I was told there is no Nistune for the R33GTST ..

Cheers,

Andrew

some fo the boards are interchangeable, for example on my r34gtt I believe they used the VG30 board.