SAU Community

Check Your Stagea For A Recall

jippa

Japanese official recall case number: RJ-0698-0

Date issued: 12/12/2000

Number of affected vehicles: 12712

Production period: 03/08/1998 - 24/03/2000

Faulty component: ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)

Description: There is a risk that resistance of the terminals of the electric part inside the ABS control unit increases as the material of the terminals is inappropriate. In such a case, the ABS may be activated when not necessary, which in the worst case could result in reduced brake efficiency.

How to fix the problem:

The ABS control unit should be replaced with the factory approved replacement unit.

How can you tell if the problem has already been checked and/or fixed on your vehicle?

yellow paint on the left hand side of the vehicle type plate

NISSAN STAGEA

Type Frame/Chassis Production Period Affected Number

GF-WGC34 WGC34-070101..WGC34-073191 N/A N/A

GF-WHC34 WHC34-030101..WHC34-030661 N/A N/A

Hmmm so does this sort of thing get checked and fixed at compliance???

• 7 years later...

Does anyone have any updates as to the Airbag recall for the Takata Air bag issue?

Can't find any information on the NM35 or M35 for that matter.

I have just spoken to Kristian @ Iron Chef Imports about this (always a helpful lad that one).

November 2014 was when the recall was issued, so any mention of it pertaining to Stageas would be mentioned after that date.

Feel free to take a look although neither he nor I found any mention of Stagea recalls after Nov 2014.

http://www.mlit.go.jp/en/jidosha/vehicle_recall_15.html

Same. Couldn't find anything.

I have had my Stagea serviced at Glen Waverly Nissan (Never again..), so would have thought they would have the VIN and details in the system. BUT I have been told Nissan Japan doesn't share recall info with Nissan Aus.

What the?

As the car was never sold in Australia (or New Zealand for that matter) I doubt any dealer would be volunteering to undertake the recall. You could allways contact Nissan Japan.

• Like 1

Same. Couldn't find anything.

I have had my Stagea serviced at Glen Waverly Nissan (Never again..), so would have thought they would have the VIN and details in the system. BUT I have been told Nissan Japan doesn't share recall info with Nissan Aus.

What the?

Try Ferntree Gully. They are happy to service imports and would be worth the drive for you.

They may also have a bit more info on recalls.

Epic lols at people owning 2nd, 3rd, and 4th hand owned minimum 10 year old cars thinking that Nissan is paying for anything.

• Like 3

Recall on all D22 Navaras built between Jan 2004 - Mar 2007 due to faulty airbag > broken straps and shrapnel.

All Nissan Dealers will replace the unit for free.

• Like 1

Epic lols at people owning 2nd, 3rd, and 4th hand owned minimum 10 year old cars thinking that Nissan is paying for anything.

Super mega epic to the power of rad Lol at this...

It's safety related man! I don't give two shits on who is paying for it. I'd rather know!

Actually despite my initial scepticism it looks as though all affected cars are eligible to have their airbags replaced if necessary. Either the airbag manufacturer and/or the car companies will be paying for all or most of the cost. The AA in this country is advising owners who need the recall to contact the agents. First the manufacturers are supposed to list the models and numbers of the cars requiring recalls and then they will start contacting owners. The MOT in NZ is going to supply details of imports to the franchise holders who would otherwise not have this information but the AA here is suggesting owners, especially those who have not bought their cars new from the franchise holders should contact them as soon as they find out if they are on the wanted list.

So watch this space!!