SAU Community

N1 Engines/heads

bullbar

Hey guys,

I was wondering how you can tell if a head is an N1 or not? I have the oportunity to get my hands on a suppos'ed N1 head but before money changes hand I want to be sure it is actually one. Ive heard the the cam covers are gold from factory but they can be easily changed.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

I don't think there is such a thing as an N1 head. as far as I know all GTR heads are the same.

sure you can buy a complete N1 engine and I guess then you could say the head is an N1 head, but it's no different to any other RB26 head. so I wouldn't pay extra money for it over a regular 26 head. I think at the most N1 engines had different cams to regular 26s.

Hey guys,

I was wondering how you can tell if a head is an N1 or not? I have the oportunity to get my hands on a suppos'ed N1 head but before money changes hand I want to be sure it is actually one. Ive heard the the cam covers are gold from factory but they can be easily changed.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

N1 cam covers are not gold from the factory, Brand new NUR engines come with NUR colour covers.

I fairly certain there is no such thing as an N1 head, just check the serial number and you will probably find its just another 05U head meaning you shouldn't be paying any more than normal for it.

R34 head is different to R32/33. THe cams from an R34 wont fit an early head and vice versa.

pretty sure the head is the same. 34 cams will fit into a 33 or 32 head, i've seen it. they have different cams but as far as I've been able to tell that's only because they have different cam angle sensors not different heads.

pretty sure the head is the same. 34 cams will fit into a 33 or 32 head, i've seen it. they have different cams but as far as I've been able to tell that's only because they have different cam angle sensors not different heads.

Yep. Different cams and the 34's use a different CAS but the cams physically fit in all rb26 heads. I think the heads are all the same.

As far as I know all RB26 head castings are the same. They have different internals in the the 3 different models .

Nick cylinder heads don't have serial numbers mate, only blocks do.

Strange, I looked at my brand new head when it was delivered and notice the 05U - Perhaps I was mistaken and actually saw it on the box.

Heads definitely have "05U" cast into the side of the head, but they don't have serial numbers like a block does.

And the baron is correct regarding the differences in all 3 model heads - cams wil fit, but different CAS and location of CAS on exhaust cam. Also, wiring of CAS differs so need to change two around to make work with r32/33 ecu.

Heads definitely have "05U" cast into the side of the head, but they don't have serial numbers like a block does.

And the baron is correct regarding the differences in all 3 model heads - cams wil fit, but different CAS and location of CAS on exhaust cam. Also, wiring of CAS differs so need to change two around to make work with r32/33 ecu.

Ah har!

depends what you mean by "great nick" head reco including new stem seals, valve guides, adjust shims, shave head face is 500-1000 so add that to the going price for an average head.

Jerry would be interested if you know any differences apart from the exhaust cam/CAS key.