SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

I'm looking at buying a 2002-2003 ARX turbo but was wondering what people are paying for insurance now. I'm finding it difficult to get a quote as it's a "dodgy import" (same old story I had back in 2001 with my u13 bluebird attesa). Oh, I'm in WA, 38 (old git) etc etc so should be able to get reasonable rates....

Love the car but I don't feel like paying $1100 a year for insurance especially when something like a turbo territory is $615!

Cheers

I don't why you are complaining, try insuring in Sydney with no garage.....LOL

Shannon's seem to ne the best rates and Just Car are not as cheap but have a broader insurance basis.

Good luck.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Andy- I'll give them a buzz on Monday and see what rates I can get.

Out of interest- has the DVD GPS system been converted to Aus yet or is it just the screen language function?

Andy

Edited by andynogo

Out of interest- has the DVD GPS system been converted to Aus yet or is it just the screen language function?

Andy

We only convert the screen language. We are waiting on some one to work out how to make an Australian disc for the maps that will work in the system. Once that is done it should be a fully functioning GPS system as al the menus in the system are converted.

The DVD is a DVD rom and will never play movies.

Cheers

Andy

you need to read his POST... WA (the cheapest insurance state and he is complaining.....LOL)

Reading is a thing of the past.. I am taking the path of Gen Y and expect everything . . lol

Hi All

I am posting to add to the numbers of blown turbos. 2002 RS had 47k on the speedo when purchased, have used sinthetic oil changed every 5k but turbo failed at 106000k. was only commuting when it failed. Just stopped making power. The two days prior the usual turbo whine did change. So you will hear difference. Have done probably 200k since it is a dog now.

So now Im looking for a turbo replacement. Any ideas around Sydney.

Still a beautiful car.

Muz

I used John at:

Precision Turbochargers

Unit 51/93-97 Newton Rd, Wetherill Park, NSW 2164

p: (02) 97565757

I can highly recommend him. Build some good high quality turbo's for me.....he high flowed my M35's turbo as well.

Are you going to pull the turbo out yourself?

cheers

Craig

Edited by Jetwreck

How involved is the removal process?

If I do it the car will be on stands. So not a lot of room to move. I seem to remember earlier posts quoting five hours to remove. If this is the case maybe I will do it myself to save a dollar.

Thanks

Muz

If I do it the car will be on stands. So not a lot of room to move. I seem to remember earlier posts quoting five hours to remove. If this is the case maybe I will do it myself to save a dollar.

Thanks

Muz

Good luck with that, Took me 3 hours with the box out, and with a hoist. You will need a good tool kit and lots of patience.

Thanks

Muz

I did it on stands. Can talk you through it if you want to give me a ring. As Scott said you will need a good tool kit and patience.

PM'd number

Hey guys,

I have another one of those 'where's the secret button' queries for my M35.

Well theres a sticker on the plastic on the side of the driver's seat, it looks original and says 'Driver's thigh support adjustment' BUUUT there is not lever / button / knob that I can see to adjust such a thing. All the electric seat controls are on the left bolster and this sticker is on the right!

Can anyone help?

Hey guys,

I have another one of those 'where's the secret button' queries for my M35.

Well theres a sticker on the plastic on the side of the driver's seat, it looks original and says 'Driver's thigh support adjustment' BUUUT there is not lever / button / knob that I can see to adjust such a thing. All the electric seat controls are on the left bolster and this sticker is on the right!

Can anyone help?

It is just a sign, referrers to the features of the seats.

It is just a sign, referrers to the features of the seats.

Yeah but there is no button on the control panel for thigh support adjustment? The seat goes up / down, it tilts back / forth, the back rest pivots, the seat goes forward / back and theres lumbar support.

Wheres this thigh support jazz?

Reading all this turbo business, I'm a bit scared if I buy one it will blow up on me...

aaaaarrrrggghhhhhh :D

No different to buying a new car and the same happening. . you either get a car that will go forever for for a limited time.

Yeah but there is no button on the control panel for thigh support adjustment? The seat goes up / down, it tilts back / forth, the back rest pivots, the seat goes forward / back and theres lumbar support.

Wheres this thigh support jazz?

The independent height adjustment of the front and back of the seat, the tilt adjustment, is what the motor industry likes to call....

Thigh support...

Unfortuately it does not refer to a pull out middle section that recaro used to fit, that actually extends the seat cusion to provide more support for us long legged people...

One of my old jobs used to involve translating Automotive Marketing/Product planning speak into neutral comparison friendly speak.. The current Camry was launched with manual automatic transmission... because the marketing guys thought that you had manual control through the indents in the auto gearbox.. Handn't spoken to the engineers, or even driven one.. Gotta love that feeling..